What's Veeky Forums's stance on Kurt Vonnegut?

What's Veeky Forums's stance on Kurt Vonnegut?

He goes.

Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Say no more!

So....

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES

The only writers we have a uniform opinion of are the ones that are undeniably bad, like John Green and Rupi Kaur.

lol

Enjoyable but a bit of a one-trick pony.

"From now on, He will punish horribly anyone who torments a bum who has no connections!"
Best part of Slaughterhouse-Five

Essential woman-core

He's basically pynchon lite

He's a lite version of pynchon-lite desu

No, Pynchon is an overwrought Vonnegut

Good for people who want to to get into reading literature.

Just because he's liked by plebs, doesn't mean he was one himself. Most people like the detached humor of slaughterhouse-five without pausing to consider the absolute horror that made it necessary.

This. It gets tiring how most his books essentially boil down to "dude humans are evil lmao!" or something to that effect. That said, slaughter house 5 and cays cradle are genuinely great books.

Indiana reps +++

I used to write really retarded fetish fiction on the family computer. I saved pictures of girls with file names such as "younger sis", "older sis", "mom" and then write stories about them. Mostly it was them as secret agents and getting killed in fetishy ways.

Anyways I saved all my work in the "Downloads" folder on the computer because back then I thought this was some obscure folder or something.

One day the computer finally crashed and my brother-in-law said his friend could fix it. Of course my paranoia was off the charts. He took the computer and I never saw it again.

I never heard any mention of what was on the computer though. My sister sometimes made a few serial killer jokes about me but people have been doing that since elementary school, so no biggie, right.
But then one night after drinking with my sister and brother-in-law, he abruptley mentioned that he read those stories I had written on the computer. He said they were like "Kurt Vonnegut."

I've never read Kurt Vonnegut and know nothing about him. What did he mean by this?

Can you describe a "fetishy" way to kill someone?

>>unironically trying to find out if his horny adolescent writing is at the same level as Kurt Vonnegut.

I liked Pearls Before Swine personally. Helped me with my depression.

eh

These, basically.

My favorite author of all time and the one responsible for making me enjoy reading and doing it for fun instead of being forced to for school.
As soon as I discovered him books just opened up to me and reading became something special.

A better self-promoter and salesperson than author.

When I don't fap for a week and my balls are sore and someone asks me how I feel I say
>hurts; wanna nut

I don't want to get into it and you aren't prepared for all the details anyways I just want to know what he meant by that comparison

He did go to college on a sports scholarship and then later dropped out so there is a chance that he has no clue what he is talking about though

>getting free college just because you play a game for children really well
>being so shit you drop out

Is there anything more pathetic? Literally all you have to do is not be a dumbass and try a little but apparently this guy couldn't even do that.

Is this book a red pill?

i don't know but i bought it so i'll read it soon