What is the thing on the right?

What is it and how do I make it? It looks delicious!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Hashbrown-Potatoes-Servings-Golden-Grill/dp/B00PACMJR0/
amazon.com/Ventura-Foods-Premium-Shortening-Gallon/dp/B01MSB7A7I/
wafflehouse.com/waffle-house-menu/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks like a rosti, pretty easy to make, just google it

Rösti. Delicious.

hashbrowns with a sauce?

but seriously the cake/shredded hashbrowns are insanely easy to make.

use a cheese grater to grate a big potato, add maybe half an egg, teaspoon of flower, onion/garlic powder and form into patties.

Fry on both sides in enough oil to cover the pan.

That's Waffle House you dumb cunts. Its hashbrowns scattered and smothered.

>add maybe half an egg, teaspoon of flower, onion/garlic powder and form into patties.

That isn't hashbrowns. That would be a potato pancake. Hashbrowns are simply shredded potatoes cooked on a griddle or in a pan with oil.

Also >flower

I adapted the recipe from a Jewess I dated. She showed me how to make latkas using mazza flower. I use gentile flower instead. Keeps the patty all together.

We would eat them with pork breakfast sausage. She would shred onion into it too sometimes. Not bad.

hashbrowns with mustard

hashbrowns from waffle house, with cheese.

shredded potatoes with cheese product,shred up a potato i guess, fry on a flat top, add a slice or two of craft singles basically. may need to boil the potato first idk, just get drunk and go buy it cooked

>Americans can’t understand that what rostis are so they just call them hash browns

>picture is literally of a dish from Waffle House where that is called hash brown
>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ROSTIS

Two different things that both utilize shredded potatoes.

Waffle House is fucking amazing at a good spot

OBSESSED

Shred potato into cold water. Only rinse potato shreds once, you need some starch to remain. Squeeze out moisture with towel. Microwave potato shreds 4 minutes. Fry shreds in butter. Enjoy. Lot of work for hashbrowns

Sauté in butter*

Hashbrowns with, idk, cheese?
Whatever it is it cant be good, that entire plate looks atrocious

>called

I know what a rosti is, I was just with your mother last night

those are covered

Diner style hash browns are the best. Take one potato (peeling is up to you, I prefer to keep mine skin on) and grate with a cheese grater and set in a collander. Run through cold water while running your fingers through it to help rinse off the starches, pour onto a kitchen town, then squeeze dry. You can repeat it again until the water through the collander runs clear, but I just do it twice.

Finally, dump onto a pan preheated at medium high (cast iron works best) that has been coated with a pat of butter. Either spreas the potato evenly in the pan for more uniformly crispy hash browns or condense somewhat using a spatula to create a rougher looking patty like OP's pic, which leads to a nice mix of soft and crunchy.give it about a minute or until the edges brown to your liking, flip, another minute, then serve.

>Lot of work for hashbrowns
Yeah they are a pain in the ass but so good.

HASHBROWNS MUTHERFUCKER

eurocucks btfo

>looks atrocious
needs more soy and estrogen sauce?

Wow, that's like a really easy version of hash browns. Well, now I know what I'm going to make with the 15 lbs of potatoes I bought on sale yesterday.

>Its hashbrowns scattered and smothered.
Scattered and covered, m88000. Smothered == onions (which it should have too. Scattered, smothered, and covered master race here)

As others have noted, those are hashbrowns from the southern diner chain Waffle House.
I will tell you exactly how they are made.
They are actually made from dehydrated shredded potatoes that have been rehydrated.
They come in a carton like this:
amazon.com/Hashbrown-Potatoes-Servings-Golden-Grill/dp/B00PACMJR0/
They put a couple of scoops (maybe 50ml) of low-melt vegetable shortening on a griddle.
Specifically they use Kaola Gold
amazon.com/Ventura-Foods-Premium-Shortening-Gallon/dp/B01MSB7A7I/
They fry the drained potatoes in that oil with your choice of toppings (onions, cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, jalapenos, sawmill gravy, or chilli).
Here are their full menus:
wafflehouse.com/waffle-house-menu/

shut the fuck up, baltic cunts, that's clearly hashbrowns.

Rösti makes it sound more delicious, hashbrowns makes me think of beef hash sooner than grated potatoes.

rosti makes you sound like a pretentious asshole and hashbrowns makes you sound like a sane human being that eats normal food like the rest of us and not salame with gruyere and rostis or whatever

Hsshbrowns with cheese by the looks of it.

> implying everyone eats at or cares about Redneck Methcity Blacks Fistfight Haven.

>muh nationalist isolationism

>muh eurofag superiority complex

Rösti is how Swiss call it, you know, people whose national dish they are.

a rosti is grated or riced potatoes while pretty much any other form of fried dismembered potato is either fries, chips, homefries, or hashbrowns

I'm not a eurofag, dumbass. I'm just more educated than you.

is it because you watch rick and morty or is it that you have called yourself a foodie for a few weeks? maybe both :-)

>hashbrowns, aka fried grated potatoes
>different from fried grated potatoes
Feeling tired, user?

hashbrowns are juliened or shredded. not grated. there is a difference

That's not what other anons and google told me.

yeah, grated is better. More surface area for browning.

> implying implications

Oh look, it's another deluded retard who thinks his own echo chamber means something. Btw, none of what you typed is true. At all. Idiot.

>shredded, not grated

You stupid, fucking moron.

Everyone, point and laugh at the idiot.

You mean you? Yes, everyone should be laughing at you.

hey fucker don't steal my angry basement dweller argument. i'll retaliate with more dumb shit when im ready i don't need you continuing the conversation for me

but you're right.

Shut the fuck up.

shh you'll anger the hive mind

that's rösti, i don't think i've ever done it though but google is your friend as always

Rösti.

>grate 3 medium potatoes
>grate 1 onion
>add 1 egg
>add 2-3 big spoons of flour
>add good amount of salt
>mix

>heat up pan with a good amount of oil
>take a big spoon
>place spoon portion into hot pan
>press it flatt till it looks like pic related
>fry till brown
>turn, other side as well
>place on paper towel

Eat with applesauce.

sounds good but it's completely different from what is in OP's photo

The only difference is that you americans add "cheese". Fried grated potatoes, are fried grated potatoes. Your "hush browns" are nothing else than something german settler introduced.

looks dry as fuck
>eat with applesauce
gaaaayyyy

When you say "big spoons" do you mean tablespoons or just any spoon that's big-ish?

OBESED

Nah, how to you call your soup-eating-spoons?

>he doesn't enjoy Himmel und Erd
Oh, I am so sorry user. Get well soon.

You know, I've never thought about that before, apparently they are called tablespoons. Not necessarily the same capacity as the dry measure, though.

please inform us gracious god as to what you eat for a drunken breakfast at 3 am? Berries and oats? A banana with a kale smoothie? Unshaven Dick?

we don't add egg into the potato either. We use the starch from the potato to hold it all together.

>Implying american slop potatoes are the same as a rosti

Except we don't usually add cheese, and also it is made completely differently. Your potato pancakes still look pretty good though, how much does your country pay the jews for using their recipe?

grating is different from shredding

You stupid fucking moron

I thought hash browns had grated tatties and onion bound by a loose batter, where rösti was just tatties bound by a loose batter.

Besides, they're both shit compared to a fucking onion bhaji.

At the basic level hash browns are just fried shredded potatoes, no batter

This is clearly a ruse thread, people are being baited left and right. Those are hashed potatoes, prepackaged american style. Fucking Swedes can't clearly see the English written container of Welch's strawberry jelly, not even consider it's served diner breakfast style with scrambled eggs and toast.

You have to squeeze the fuck out of them to get rid of the water.

Not easy.

for anyone that hates trying to get moisture out of your shredded potatoes or loves hash browns. here's a tip. just bake some potatoes and keep them in the fridge. when you want hash browns, cut the skin off and grate the potato. or slice the potato. old bakers make the best fried potatoes

That's not rösti though, those are overly dry and deep-fried.

It's called hash browns you fucking retarded europoors

>hash browns

Why do amerifat names for food always sound like a 2 year old toddler babbling to his nursemaid?

Meanwhile you're too stupid to even know what it is.

Sure thing, fatclap!

>It's a Veeky Forums gets overly technical over the name of a grated potato dish prepared in a pan

Flower and flour are very different things newfriend.

Nice traditional German meal you have there Ahmed Mohammed.

what the fuck is a rosti you dumb roastie

>muhammed eating pork sausages
>3.5 million muslims in fattystan
>4 million muslims in germany
>b-but germany is a muslim country now

Amerifat "thinking," everyone!

What's the population of Germany versus the population of the USA? How many muslims are invading Germany per year versus how many are moving to the USA? Your culture and country is gone and you let it happen. Enjoy your sausages because your descendants won't get the chance.

>whites to be minority in ameristan by the latest, 2030
>they probably already are since nogs don't fill out census forms and you couldn't pay a census taker to go residence to residence in many areas

Lol, and you're concerned about germany with 5% muslims losing their pork heritage?

Wafflehouse Hashbrowns

Skin potatos, grate with cheese grater, soak in salt water. drain water and dry with towel paper. Mi potatos with egg and some seasoning, mix. Throw in pan with enough oil to cover bottom and let cook for 10 min, flip and let cook 10 more minute.Top with shitty kraft single slice for cheese in picture.

You're a retard dude. Have fun being jihaded. I don't even feel sorry for your "people".

>Foreign name for hash browns to seem sophisticated and to annoy others.

They look like latkes that are falling apart! Oy vey! You are supposed to serve them with sour cream and apple sauce.

>commit genocide
>get your ass kicked by civilization
>get culturally enriched
Aka karma, I'm ok with this

yuropeans don't realize how fucked they are. the burgerfats have guns and freedom of speech. the white enclaves will be fine. eurofags deserve everything they get though, they continually vote for more subhumans.