Do you need to rinse and presoak pasta like you do with rice?

Do you need to rinse and presoak pasta like you do with rice?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmfgtfy.com/?q=why rinse rice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What exactly is rinsing rice supposed to accomplish? I rinse pasta when I am par-cooking it to use in baked pastas, or to immediately cool it down for pasta salad, but not really otherwise. Haven't made pasta salad in years come to think of it. Is it still popular?

You dont rinse your rice?

>What exactly is rinsing rice supposed to accomplish?
Removing surface starch to make it less sticky.

It gets rid of some of the residual starch so it doesn't bubble up in the pot, prevents it from clumping and just tastes better all around. Seriously, you don't rinse rice?

No stop it

you telling me you don't rinse your rice, bro?

It's simply a superstition, anyone with the culinary talent of a toadstool would realize it's not necessary.

I don't rinse my rice either, I've never noticed a big enough differnece to bother doing it.

>soaking rice
If it's good quality.
>rinsing rice instead of just steaming it
user I...
There's always exceptions to any rule; basmati can be soaked and rinsed repeatedly. And fine cous-cous can be soaked and steamed. But you need to understand the insane amounts of rice there are. And very few pastas require more than some simmering, less if fresh.

lmfgtfy.com/?q=why rinse rice
Nigger what the fuck have you been doing?

sexy

No
When you boil pasta most of the starch ends up on the water, you're supposed to use that water for the sauce and the starch still remaining on the pasta so your dish doesn't end up being a watery soup.

I rinse mine in oil so it doesn’t stick together.

Rinsing rice removes the nutrients. Don't rinse your rice

1. Open bag or box
2. Pour contents into pot filled with boiling water
3. Remove weevils with spoon or ladle
4. Continue as normal

I could save time by using a collander or strainer to get rid of insects, but for some reason I always prefer to get the insects out of the boiling water. Maybe it's the fact that they shouldn't have been such opportunistic fucks and that they ultimately paid for their exploits with their lives that is so pleasurable to me.

oh my god there are more

>I always prefer to get the insects out of the boiling water
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GET YOUR RICE?

holy shit

oh shit

stop

Rice is covered in starch from the milling, starch from the self-milling it does in the bag, and often diatomaceous earth as a nontoxic pesticide, plus whatever crawled in it once you got it home (probably a lot if you keep it in its bag and live like most anons.) The extra starch is the big problem, because it causes major texture issues in both short and long-grain rice; it's not as big a deal as it used to be with modern milling processes preferred by mostly Japanese brands, but even for those a short rinse improves them.
It's not as big a deal with pasta because there are fewer things to stick together and boiling pasta uses much more water and is far more forgiving of having the lid off to stir. Plus, most traditional pasta recipes reuse the starch water.

Desu senpai, you dont even need to rinse rice
Just pop that shit in roughly 2:1 water/rice on low for a bit and you're good to go

Same with pasta. Nothing magical on there that's gonna fuck up your water

keke

It gets rid of the dirt on my rice.

I have the culinary talent of a toadstool, you gonna fuck me in the ass?

That's fucking impressive.

Damn, which reverse image search is that?

Are you for real right now? Veeky Forums offers 2 image search engines by default and that one is half of them.

How the hell am I supposed to toast my rice if its fucking soaking wet
???
fuck rinsing
do you even toast bro?

Drain your rice dude... you can still toast your rice after rinsing it..

You’re not supposed to rinse or presoak pasta, it’s way different than rice. In fact, you’re supposed to toss your uncooked pasta in boiling water.. not bring it up to a boil while the pasta is in there, if that makes sense.

yes.

More?

hangry boners

delete this and stop sexualizing my waifu

You do what with rice?

rinse it to get the chinese lead and arsenic off it