ITT: Awful book covers. Which book covers are the worst that you've seen?

ITT: Awful book covers. Which book covers are the worst that you've seen?

Let's try to keep Wordsworth out of it, they're too easy a target.

Other urls found in this thread:

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51lO1bJParL._SY346_.jpg
i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0088/41/1481735514428.jpg
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51jjiLdRG-L._SY346_.jpg
images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Sx-KgtKFL._SY346_.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not that one. Com'on op, what the fuck?

>ITT: Awful book covers.

Yeah, let's not have this shitty thread again.

I love the SF Masterwork editions of science fiction novels but I always hate their covers. They're tacky, gaudy, unpleasant to look at and very rarely have anything to actually do with the novel itself. Pic related is the copy of Ubik I have and not once does this shit seem relevant.

I need to vent my distaste for shitty book covers somehow. Poor graphic design shouldn't be acceptable.

desu imo not all of their covers are bad, some are genuinely good whereas some are enjoyable if you like that pulpy 1970s futurist aesthetic

That's all on the publishers, who really gives a shit? Funny for a laugh at some, but who's actually autistic enough to take this seriously?

People on Veeky Forums constantly complain about poor book covers, user. Some even admit they won't buy a book if the book cover is bad.

you can just minimize the thread t b h famalam

what i hate is the spine
fucking yellow puke

Often times really cheap publishers have bad covers, and I wouldn't buy from them because the books themselves aren't good, but as long as the book itself is fine what's the problem? It's going to be covered up on the shelf most of the time anyway.
maybe I just wanna be open to discussion my dude.

Just finished Ubik, no woman of the description on the cover is even in the novel. Piss boiled.

literally my copy of lolita has this as its cover. i kind of appreciate that it doesnt go on the nose with just a picture of some young girl but it feels pretty damn irrelevant to the novel

if you picked this up with little knowledge about the book whatsoever you could easily assume it was some guide to drawing for old women with copious amounts of bowls of fruit

fuck you, picador

> book was originally written and published pre-1800s
> book cover is a photograph

Triggers my special needs every time REEEEEEEE

> naming your own book A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Beauty

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I want to smack the author for being so self-indulgent. On the other hand, I kind of hope it's true and that's the only reason why anybody would name their book this.

Any TV-show or movie-tie in cover is abhorrent.

where do you think you are, son

I would imagine that book as humberts secretive notebook that his wife found leading to the primary elements of the story.

I'm sure the original artist had no intention of this however

classic

Dano's sleeves are too long for his arms

thats how you know its gonna be a good thread

> tfw I don't mind these at all

Wrong. This is kind of brilliant, especially the 1940s pin-up girls. My only gripe is that it's very cluttered.

>People on Veeky Forums constantly complain about poor book covers, user. Some even admit they won't buy a book if the book cover is bad.
it's a fuckin meme you dip. ever hear the adage "don't judge a book by it's cover"?

op asked for awful covers user

> implying people on Veeky Forums aren't autistic enough to refuse to pick up a book based on its cover

i dont think you've been around here for long enough. of course theres the catchphrase but it doesnt stop some of the spazzes we have on here. some people visit here and dont even read for fucks sake.

if the book is shit, it's ok for the cover to be shit as well.

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51lO1bJParL._SY346_.jpg
i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0088/41/1481735514428.jpg
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51jjiLdRG-L._SY346_.jpg
images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Sx-KgtKFL._SY346_.jpg

what are you doing

the bottom left ones are solid
too bad they decided to go whacky tobaccy instead of keeping the western wanted poster aesthetic simple

a e s t h e t h i c

Of course I judge a book by its fucking cover. You think I'm going to have that shit stinking up my bookshelf?

Well, these are all really fucking terrible. Well done. Fucking hell.