How does it feel that your cultures cuisine will never, EVER, come close to topping what this country can do

How does it feel that your cultures cuisine will never, EVER, come close to topping what this country can do.

For all the countries that try so hard with autistic techniques, books of ingredients, and gimmicky presentations, not one even comes close to matching the genius simplicity of Italian cooking, MAYBE excluding the Japs.

Just give up and submit to the glory.

Italian > Japanese > the rest of the world > USA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Canada

Canada doesn't even have a food culture, it's literally just a bunch of cultures who do their own thing

I live in NYC. I can eat good examples of just about any cuisine in the world any night I want to. Big fan of Italy, and have been several times, but wouldn't want to be limited to just Italian food.

I've been to Italy and honestly it was pretty fucking whatever. No desire to go back.

China on the other hand has genuinely amazing and varied cuisine.

>Canada doesn't even have a food culture
Depends on where you are in Canada. Montreal sure as fuck has a food culture. Vancouver isn't slacking, either. Hell, you can even find great food in TO if you're willing to put a little effort into it. You guys may be a frozen wasteland for the most part, but you have a few legit food cities.

t. probably went to Rome, Milan, and Venice then left

For sure. Let me rephase. Canada doesn't have any food identity, besides maybe poutine from Quebec and butter tarts apparently.

Nationally I'd agree Canada doesn't have a food identity. Quebec sort of does, though. But the English and Scottish foundation the rest of the country is built on makes for a tough sell foodwise. Don't forget that also being an immigrant nation means in your cities the identity can be a trip around the fucking world, depending on which new arrivals have opened restaurants recently. Some of your cities are remarkably cosmopolitan for how much of a backwater your country is.

>genius simplicity
Are we talking about the same country? They're just fucking lazy, and the food they make is mostly just tomatoes. Alfredo is essentially an undercooked gravy, half the spices they use have no taste to them, and half of the rest is there for aroma and not taste. For utility food a new york slice is better than any garlic pasta that came from south of the alps, and people who keep pretending olive garden (horrible cost cutting and so forth and all) isn't the epitome of italian food falls back on the tried and tired eulopean defense of "nuh uh it's better when you control it better you gotta get someone who practiced this a lot like a real shef", which is mostly just horseshit since the real solution is often to do things differently (and apply actual simplicity) rather than hiring someone who adds 20 different steps to mitigate this one con.

>alfredo

Wanna know how I know you never had real Italian food?

Back to Olive Garden you go, disgusting flyover.

As an Italian American my self see below:
The best dishes are the funky culture fusion dishes, let's break down traditional taste buds barriers.

Italians are the best cooks however.

ottawa is trash :( feelsbadman

Why do metropolitan bugmen who hate food so much that they're literally skin and bones keep telling me what constitutes good food? Why is a worship of rare, exotic and meticulous food cultures the sign of sophistication? Why is it so hard to believe that when Americans fly over to eulope, a place where everything costs twice as much for a portion half as big, where there's consistently more vegetables and grain on the plate than meat, where they have to drive on the wrong side of the road to eat a plate of raw ground beef with an egg on top, where every burger place is a mockery of carl's jr let alone in-n-out and fuddruckers, where nandos is considered culturally diverse, they're going to call out city dwellers for having terrible tastes for enjoying that shit?

French cuisine is pretty good.

Why do flyovers think carton eggs and HFCS slurry from the Sysco truck are "food" and eating large quantities of said garbage means you love and appreciate food

You're embarrassing yourself, you really are

>I d-d-dont get enough food for muh gullet....I frickin hate Europe....

Just kill yourself you fucking pleb scum. Stay in your containment state.

>I'm so cultured that I prefer all 500 variations of boiled dough strings with hard cheese and basil over all other food in the world

shitalophiles everyone

Again, wanna know how I know you've never been to Italy?

The difference between the flyover and the city folk is that the flyover realize when they're eating carton eggs and HFCS slurry, and the city folk assume there's none of that shit as soon as they take a plane somewhere else.
Are you so naive as to think that the marked up cost in eulope is to compensate for higher quality ingredients? No, the pricetag is higher because morons like you are willing to put up with it for the "privilege" of spending more money for the same shit with oregano on top. The industrialization of french food is well documented at this point, yet the pricepoint is largely the same. The few people who dare to write against this are unheeded, while you middle class dumb fucks still insist on pursuing eulopean aristocratic tendencies as "haute and high class".

due to work I've been to shitaly twice (unfortunately) and one of the times I got food poisoning from eating at reputable restaurant.
shitalian cuisine is dog shit meme food for retards and Americans.

Proper French food is better. now fuck off

t. Romelet

You go to tourist traps, you get tourist trap food. Fucking retard. And since you were there for work you can't tell me you weren't in a major city or had time to explore the country side.

>yeah the food in our three biggest cities is bland but Italian cuisine is the best in the world

You can experience great Chinese in Beijing, great Indian in Delhi, great French in Paris, great Japanese in Tokyo etc etc. Why is it that to have good Italian we need to go to your ancestral village and everywhere else sucks. Could it be that your food just sucks in general and you tricked poor Anglos and Germanics into liking it because their food ducked even more?

I don't need to take a plane to avoid eating sysco garbage, cleetus. I can and do get real food right here.

Because it's biggest cities are literally the biggest tourism hubs on the planet you fucking mongrel. Everything there is catered to tourists and all the original residents have long left. Besides Paris, which is also a shit city, there are no other major HISTORICAL huge tourist hubs in Europe besides Rome. It's catered to tourists. You don't get good food there. Fucking dumbass.

The most incorrect opinion in the thread. Italian is overrated, sure. But it's not even in the same ballpark of overrated as French.

It's just dumb hicks, like in every country. Apparently you've never spoken with a French or Indian who lives outside the capital because if you listen to them, Paris is a wicked foreign city full of multiculturals and no good food exists there. Delhi is too full of {insert wrong caste, race, or religion here} and the real Indian food is made by my mother.

why would I go to the dirty countryside full of subhumans who don't speak a lick of english and probably don't even know how to bathe? I've had my fill of shitalian """"""cuisine"""""" and it was nothing special nor impressive in any way.

>Apparently you've never spoken with a French or Indian who lives outside the capital because if you listen to them, Paris is a wicked foreign city full of multiculturals and no good food exists there. Delhi is too full of {insert wrong caste, race, or religion here

This is all true though

I swear you people are like fucking creationists or something.
I go to rome, I have some pasta, I vomit and shit for 2 hours.
>"but then how do you explain the countryside? it's so beautiful and the food is so good!"
I go to the countryside, I order some pasta, I watch the middle eastern looking fat fuck handle chicken and flour with the same goddamn hand, I proceed to vomit and shit for 2 hours.
>no you went to the wrong place, you gotta go to the Sicilian countryside for authentic handmade noodles
I go there, they give me a bottle of unmarked wine that tastes like fucking nyquil with the same pasta except it's ground pork instead of chicken now, and I vomit and shit for 2 hours.

>Paris is a wicked foreign city full of multiculturals
Sounds about right. People in their countryside are far less arrogant and less thieving bastards. Paris is like Detroit if it had a good tourist economy.

You sound like an idiot.

>DUDE PASTA! ALL ITALIAN FOOD IS PASTA! LMAO!

Again, wanna know how I know you're full of shit? Have you ever actually been to Italy? I bet you $50 you're a flyover who's been to 3 Italian-American shops in the US whose restaurant is all pasta and you've deduced that all Italian food is pasta.

You're a stupid fucking flyover. Kill yourself. Back to Olive Garden you go.

Lol why so angry? Instead of dodging the question can you answer why you can't get a good meal in three of the biggest Italian cities but you can easily get it in the biggest cities of any other cuisine?

Paris may suck but few people say that Parisian food is sub-par.

Lol good job missing the point. People may hate the cities you mentioned but they do an alright job of representing the cuisine of the area. Someone might say that to have real Punjabi cuisine you need to go to Amritsar but few will say that the Punjabi food in Delhi sucks. Which is always italiaboos defence.

You're right, let's not forget pizza which constitutes the other 50% of italian cuisine.

Stay in your own little world.

You know that other thread asking why people pick on Americans? This is why.

Because the Italian metropolitan areas are largely shitholes. I was never arguing it was a great place to spend time in the tourist destinations. I'm arguing that the food in the nicer places (Florence, Bolzano, Turin, Ancona, Genoa) is far superior to any tourist trapped, Americanized central hub. You're comparing Italians big cities to (arguably) "nicer" cities. Rome and Venice are shitholes. And there's nothing in Milan.

Because of the flyover poster arguing that all food in Europe is trash because the portions are small? I agree.

How about you stay in europe instead?

Swedish cuisine is better

I'll keep my NYC address and just travel in Europe. Best of both worlds.

Sort of this.

Northern Italy, where the cultures mesh and you get a clusterfuck of Germanic/Austrian/Swedish/Italian cuisine is the best on the planet. Any super northern Italian town will be like this. You literally haven't lived until you've been to this part of the world, there's nothing like it.

If you believe the food you can find in ANY capital city is representative of all food in a country you just don't realize what you're talking about.

That said, there are good restaurants in large italian cities and you should do some actual research if you're interested. Still, the restaurant business in Italy is geared towards "agriturismo" and countryside venues. Not accepting this fact is like going to India and refusing to eat street food because "it's dirty" or going to China and not organizing an eight people dinner because "lol, my privacy".

It's dumb.

How about you keep a french address and travel to monaco and the middle east instead? You get to brag about being culturally tolerant for being an eulo that can't even put up with other people from the EU and still get to enjoy great food with actual fire and spices from african and middle eastern cultures. Get away from this terrible American HFCS and carton egg horseshit, y'know?

>swedish cuisine
>in fucking italy
lel, what are you smoking? there's nothing swedish about north italian cuisine, fucking north africa is closer to northern italy than sweden is.

I never knew either, but spend time in Aosta, Verbania, Como, areas around Mire Rosa and the Mattterhorn, Livigno, or Domodossola and you'll see. Some of these towns the majority of the populations mother tongue is German, I've even met people who barely knew more Italian than I as a tourist did.

Check these places out user they're really cool.

> tomatoes
> alfredo

italians don't even use tomatoes that much, it's pretty much just flyovers who fucking abused tomatoes which was adapted from the shitty south american poverty cuisine, and even then they turned it into something that could be high end

>alfredo
top KEK

If I were French this is sure as fuck what I'd be doing. But I'm American, and while my French is good enough to get me by as a tourist it's nowhere near good enough for me to work a job in a Francophone place. Besides I really like NYC, because the whole fucking world comes to you.

Because Italy wasn't a unified country until not so long ago, which is why everything is fragmented and nothing has concentrated in the large cities. Read a history book, American.

>If you believe the food you can find in ANY capital city is representative of all food in a country
Not at all. What I said was that they usually represents the food of the region well. There's a difference. If your capital can't even do it's regional food to an expected level there's a problem. You might not find the best versions of local cuisines there but you'll find good versions.

If someone goes to Goa, Delhi and Bangalore and doesn't think the food is much very few people will rattle off nearby villages where they should've gone instead. This is a purely Italian phenomenon. Most people will only mention the villages when you tell them that you really liked something you had in a big city.

>be Burger
>eat at Olive Garden often
>expert in Italian cuisine
>go on vacation in Rome
>only go to tourist traps listed on the flyer because they serve the "proper Italian food like at Olive Garden"
>said tourist traps have shit like spaghetti and meatballs and Alfredo because of Burgers
>come back and complain Italian food is overrated

Every Italian food thread ever. Wish we had flags.

The best Italian food is from Tuscany, specifically Lucca. Tuscany is just so damn comfy.

This post oozes american ignorance and lack of taste

Good try Antonio
>Populations of capital/Population of Country

Paris: 2.24m
France: 66.9m

Delhi: 18.9m
India:1.324b

Beijing:21.5m
China:1.37b

Rome: 2.75m
Italy: 60.6m

Looks like Italy has the highest proportion of people living in it's capital. I'll do you one better. Look at the population of the biggest Italian cities and compare it to the biggest French cities. Far more Italians live in their big cities as Frenchmen do in theirs.

Stop pretending like regional variation is something exclusive to Italy when every culture that's older than 500 years has the same amount.

Arabic food is fantastic, speaking as a Jordanian.

>population is the same as culinary tradition and culture

I would have called this bait but this is exactly how Amerigoblins think.

The point with Rome and Milan is that there are good, unpretentious restaurants, but they're not in the city center because that's where the tourist traps do business.
This means that most people (especially domestic tourists) prefer driving a little further away then settle for a nice meal in the suburbs.
As I wrote above, the world is what it is at the time you're looking at it, you only lose on good experiences by asking that everyone conforms to some universal standard.

nah, i preferred french cuisine to italian, and i've stayed with family friends in both countries who weren't in tourist trap cities.

LOL, that's like saying that your French friends cooked for you some better meals that your Italian friends.

Good try Antonio. But the all cultures and culinary traditions have a similar story. This is not unique to Italy. What is unique to Italy is the whining about other cuisines and their own cuisine in the big cities.

The reason the populations were cited was because migration is how capital cities come to have good food in the first place. People moving from the south of France to Paris bring with them the culinary traditions of their area and enrich the cuisine of Paris. Same for every other big city in the world.

Unless you have proof that Rome is somehow unique among cities for being mostly people who've been Romans for the last few centuries you can accept that you were wrong and shut the fuck up.

This is an acceptable answer and is the case in any big city that's a popular tourist destination. It's a much better explanation that simply saying you have to go to 38 different villages to have good versions of 38 dishes.

>italians
>good cuisine culture
make way for the superior Spanish cuisine please

In case you haven't noticed, really nobody can be bothered educating retarded Americans, you're free to pick up a history book (if you can read) or go visit Italy (but not only the tour guide path) if you want.

>Antonio

Nice try but no, I'm Norwegian.

I guarantee you I'm more educated in history and better traveled than you. Though I can't say I've visited all the fishing villages in Italy. Also, I'm not American, Lars.

GABAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>Everything with pasta
Cool story bro

>be romanifag
>Realize I can just buy it from them and say I made it
Kek

>Portugal steps in your path