Meanwhile, in Veeky Forums's restaurant

Meanwhile, in Veeky Forums's restaurant...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-26hsZqwveA
youtu.be/zururizi8QQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Been there before visiting a friend at Columbia. Extremely disappointing, only saving grace is that they made a mean chocolate milkshake.

Honestly what did you expect from a diner?

> Extremely disappointing
It's literally just a NYC diner, if it wasn't disappointing it wouldn't be a NYC diner. We may not have dirty water dogs anymore but at least we have our shitty, awful diners

most of the menu is canned fish on bread.

Always pissed me off how the exterior of Monk’s doesn’t match the interior.

>We may not have dirty water dogs anymore

You don't? Those things are great. Did some idiots pass a law?

Was it featured in Monk? I don't own a television.

The main reason it's kind of famous with my generation is that it was mentioned in a shitty song by that Vega chick

No, they were all replaced with halal carts which are also terrible but at least you can get hot sauce to drown out the shitty taste.

As an added bonus they repel /pol/tards from our city because they say "halal" on them

Coming from a very diner-centric part of NJ and having all my snooty NYC friends act like their eating establishments are far superior, I expected a bit more. Plus I figured the Seinfeld thing would make them up their game.

Have you never seen Seinfeld?
Monk’s is the name of the restaurant in OP’s image on the show.

Tom's is actually a particularly shitty example of a diner. There a group of diners within like a 10 block radius of there that are all significantly better if still not anything spectacular.

t. grew up 4 blocks from there

wrong

I've seen it but I never paid much attention to the details. I had the impression the characters were supposed to be on the UES, but the restaurant is Tom's Diner on the UWS:

youtube.com/watch?v=-26hsZqwveA

The dirty water dogs still exist but only around central park and other super touristy areas. Gray's papaya and such are way better anyway

Average Veeky Forums poster's favorite meal

I'm not sure what gave you that impression the show is definitely about the UWS

Did you eat Koronet pizza while you were there?

No, I avoided that place because it looked weird and I'm slightly autistic. V&T's was my joint for pizza though and the Hungarian for dessert.

>Thinking it's difficult to make a chocolate milkshake
you fucking plebs

It's not, but you'd be surprised at how many places fuck up a milkshake.

Missed out bro, though V&T is damn good and my go to for Italian, I'm surprised you were ok with the Hungarian the food is good but years ago I saw a roach in one of the pastry cases and haven't been back

>if it wasn't disappointing it wouldn't be a NYC diner
yeah it'd be a NJ diner

as if that's a good thing lol

Either of you try Nussbaum & Wu bagels? Absolute bagels is the 'famous' one but I never thought they were anything special.

Koronet's is decent when you're hammered at 4AM but they really jewed up the prices. It was $2.50 a slice when I was a freshman, something like $4.75 when I was a senior.

>diner-centric part of NJ
nigga even if it's a dinner in your home state it's a fucking diner

>all my snooty NYC friends act like their eating establishments
your friends are shit

>A diner is a diner

Wow ur brilliant

>how america knows what america needs

>Nussbaum & Wu
they boil their bagels. they are ok in my book.

retard

I'll have uhhhhhh the c-c-chicken tenders with a large diet coke please.

just what we need, another fast food chain

I go to Columbia. We can eat there on our meal plan but nobody does because it sucks.

>server drops a glass and it shatters

JOB OPENING !

That's not a diner

THIS is a diner

If you're not from the northeast you don't have diners

never order a steak here, no matter how you order it they all come half raw

I prefer absolute bagels desu though they have definitely declined a little, I remember when koronet was like $2 but then Columbia started buying all the property in the area and the rents jumped and now there's no bodegas on Broadway between like 104 and 125

>Server drops and shatters glass in UWS diner

MAZEL TOV

>leaving the windex that close to the water

Free company provided by kot with any purchase of an entreé and drink

Or doggo of your choice

Hold tf up, was this from a place near the L stop in Brooklyn?

No it's from koronet on 110 and Broadway

Fair enough, just personal preference I guess. And yeah you're right, as of a couple years ago a decent sandwich in the area is at least $10.

For the last time, we will not be serving McChickens here. Stop trying to push that.

Do you think it just magically jumps from the spray bottle to the jar?

youtu.be/zururizi8QQ