If you could only choose ONE other language to read in, either than your mother tongue, which would you pick?

If you could only choose ONE other language to read in, either than your mother tongue, which would you pick?

Latin. The only right answer

Russian. It's an excellent language for poetry. If not that, then german.

English because I'd suffer trying to find translations to French.

English.

English
How the fuck would non-native speakers even use the internet?

Are you implying people who don't speak English don't use the internet?

I'm not, but all the worthwile content is in english
For example, Veeky Forums

>implying brchan and krautchan aren't dozens of times better

>Veeky Forums
>worthwhile content

Meddl leude

Is there a forum like this in portuguese?

I'm neither a native speaker nor fluent in english, but I can get many things on internet with minimum effort.
But I agree at some point, english is the most useful language, mainly on internet.
I'm still willing to study more to become fluent.

There is. Its shit.

English for me also.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Greek. They have some good post-1940's authors and I always thought the language was fascinating. I also like big nosed, hairy girls.

Do you get to read translations, or only content that originates in the language of choice?
An former french.
An latter greek.

Russian. The majority of my favorite titles were originally written in Russian, but I grew up speaking and reading in English, Korean, and Japanese. I haven't attempted to seriously pick it up yet but I imagine it'd be quite difficult and different from the languages I already know.

Can I still speak in other languages? If yes, Latin, otherwise English

But French is so much better in terms of Literature. English is no good language for conveying deep emotions.

Latin. It would be a gateway to learn a shitton of other languajes.

It takes a solid three or four years to become halfway competent in Latin (i.e. able to read real works at a comfortable speed without notes and without looking up every third word in a dictionary). You could learn to read three or four Romance languages in that time.

Learn Latin for its own sake if you want but it would be extremely wasteful to learn it for any other reason, and you probably wouldn't stick with it long enough anyway unless you loved the literature because it's really hard.

Japanese. It's the hardest living language to learn.

>It takes a solid three or four years to become halfway competent
>You could learn to read three or four Romance languages in that time
I believe you have not the slightest clue what you're talking about as it will take years upon years by the time you have a good vocabulary in just one language to read without too much looking up

Chinese is objectively more difficult for a European.

Chinese, if it means I understand both traditional and simplified characters. I want to become a hermit in the mountains of China and spend all day reading literature and drinking tea.

spanish.

Is this the official spanish lit? I remember some bros that wanted to raid a forum. Are they alive?

>harder to pronounce?
yes
>harder grammar?
no
>harder writing system?
more characters for sure, but japanese characters have several readings each, don't know about chinese

ITT: Pathetic monolinguals sit and touch each other's micropenises. Kill yourselves.

English, if only because everything else gets translated to it.

And the internet.

Please don't be so eager to kill people. One day you're going to regret saying things like that.