How do I stop eating fast food? I have ate nothing but fast food for almost five years now. I hate it, it's disgusting...

How do I stop eating fast food? I have ate nothing but fast food for almost five years now. I hate it, it's disgusting. But it just feels cheaper and less hassle to grab a 5 buck box or some shit than to buy tons of ingredients, make the food, then have to clean up. I feel like I spend more, I fail at making anything appetizing due to my lack of experience, and it takes too long.

I used to be on a strict bodybuilding diet and made shittons of chicken, but since I tore my rotator cuff five years ago and moved on from body building my diet has went to shit. I just want proper micronutrients at this point, something I know I'm not getting from this shit. Pic related, just picked up a 5 dollar quesadilla box and a triple layer nacho

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQ0uDYdpHfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever you do OP, do not go cold turkey. Your fast food tolerance levels will drop and if you relapse you might overdose.

Go back to buying shit tons of chicken breast and get microwavable bags of frozen broccoli. Shit is easy as hell. Buy canned black beans that you can heat in the microwave and boil in bag rice. Easy as shit. You can also buy oatmeal that you just add water to and microwave for 2 minutes. BOOM breakfast.

I honestly just dread the process of making boneless skinless chicken breast any more. Ideas for seasonings?

Learn to enjoy cooking. Find some easy recipes that work for you and are healthy.

For example, Black Beans are easy as shit to make in a slow cooker and are delicious and keep well and are super cheap.

Frozen vegetables (Chopped spinach is my favorite) are inexpensive compared to fast food, keep well, and tend to be pretty tasty.

Watch every episode of Good Eats. It's surprisingly entertaining and has tons of practical cooking information.

Learn to plan meals to a basic degree - mostly just writing down ingredients for a recipe you want to try, and then buying them the next time you go to a grocery store.

I love making nachos, I make them all the time and they're 3x better than Taco Bell nachos.
1 lb. ground beef cooked and drained, then you add a taco seasoning packet to it with some water and reduce, then add a can of refried beans to it and stir that all together.
in a saucepan bring some water, flour, and butter to a boil, then add slices of american cheese until it gets the right consistancy.
chop up some tomatoes and jarred jalapenos,
throw it all on some chips and add some sour cream. BAM, nachos 10x better than Taco Bell.
Save all the extra meat/bean mixture, there's enough there to make 10 plates of nachos, just reheat it. Same with the cheese. I have a big bowl of each in the fridge, so now when I make nachos I just heat them up and cut up tomatoes / jalapenos.

Preheat oven to 450. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and add lawrys seasoning salt generously. Alternatively, season with turmeric and curry powder. Alternatively season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder.

Cook for about an hour. Easy as hell.

So go to the store and pick up a family pack of chicken, two bags of frozen vegetables, and a bag of rice. Motherfucker you already know what you need to do, you just want someone to kick your ass and make you do it.

I mean, Jesus, NOTHING but fast food? If you spent $6 per meal ($5 box and something off the value menu.. not that you need something off the value menu, the boxes are PLENTY of food) that's $18 a day and $126 a fucking week.

GO TO THE STORE
BUY $125 WORTH OF GROCERIES
It'll end up being WAY more food than you thought. Get oatz and chicken and frozen vegetables, get some TV dinners just in case you need something instant. Get bread and PB&J, get milk, get yogurt, get fruit, get granola bars.
You don't even have to not never ever eat fast food again ever just go like 3x a week for lunch or something, not every damn day for every damn meal

>in a saucepan bring some water, flour, and butter to a boil, then add slices of american cheese until it gets the right consistancy.
wut?

Just don't buy fast food bro.
If you're not buying that stuff, you'll be forced to go to the grocery store to make something yourself. And even if you buy something premade there, there's a chance of it being healthier than Taco Bell nachos.

*insert blog post about how cooking your own food is cheaper and healthier*
*insert homemade Hollywood $35 Taco with 2 dozen limes image reply*
*trolls trolling trolls*
*Close tab*

Worst board

Veeky Forums ---> /fasting general/

You will change your appetite, palate, cravings and stomach size.

Just eat less of it

>He doesn't know what a bechamel sauce is

Made some chicken tenders parmesan yesterday it took about an hour. Now I have four days of food for about $15. Sort yourself out it's not that hard

I think user was confused about the kraft singles.
If you are using that shit you can skip the flour and just add milk.

>Now I have four days of food
You aren't actually going to eat food older than 48 hours are you?

That's what those corporate fast food scum wants you to believe hahahaha.....fast food is cancer on the planet

That is not better than taco bell

I definitely started backing off the fast food the more I thought about what I was eating.

It's so far from what humans have traditionally consumed. Every single ingredient is mass produced in a vast supply chain. At every step the product is mutilated by the process. The crops are constantly sprayed with poison. Any human labor that goes into is likely abusive. I know for a fact that illegal laborers get paid sub minimum wage. I met some people who were taking care of Miguel, a man who cut his finger off in a machine while working a farm. They made him sit around for five hours while he bled profusely before they took him to a hospital, and he had to pay 100% of the bill plus a fee to get driven there, minus a day's wages for the 5 hours he couldn't work.

Then, the crops are taken to giant factories where all kinds of bizarre preservatives are poured into them. The meat is factory farmed (also utilizing abusive immigrant labor), pumped full of nitrates and hormones, then horrifically combined in giant meat grinders. I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, but do you really want to eat a burger that has the flesh of literally hundreds of different animals?

The cheese is chemical goop, the "bread" is made using Chorleywood accelerated fermentation (literally nobody on earth ate bread like this until the 1960's). The tomatoes are artificially ripened using ethylene gas.

When you see how fast food is made in the kitchen it will make you sick. Everything is assembly-line constructed as quickly as possible (hence why your buns are always lopsided). These kitchens pump out hundreds of sandwiches a day using specialized tools and minimum wage labor (again, often immigrants). Taco Bell rice/beans, for example, are prepped from dehydrated rice/powder because dry storage is cheaper to transport.

If you think about all this, it's impossible to eat it.

Don't care.

>Pretending not to care by blocking it out of my mind.

ftfy

I know what has to go into fast food to make it fast food. I just don't care about what goes into it, as it's relatively cheap and pretty alright tasting.

Modernity has you by the balls, friendo. Your apathy is making you less human. And also a fatass.

Not really that fat just yet, I simply need to cut back on eating and exercise on my days off. I already cut down to 2 meals a day

Is it your "humanity" that makes you sound like an immature pretentious cunt?

Don't you want to feel healthy and alive? Aren't you tired of driving around in your car, crushing 5 dollar boxes alone, under the glow of a screen?

Eating healthy food and getting enough exercise don't have a placebo effect. Literally every aspect of life improves. You start to feel like you're on amphetamines or something after a while. Mood improves, stamina improves, self esteem improves etc.

You have to realize that you're dealing with force of habit. You aren't operating in a rational mode of decision making "it's cheaper/easier... it doesn't taste so bad so I don't mind the process..." Those are just things you tell yourself to account for your behavior. The real reason you eat fast food is because you ate it yesterday.

sorry i didn't realize we'd be eating leather tonight

You don't want to hear it is all.

i dry my chicken with some paper towels then apply salt pepper and tajen(this is just some beaner spice). throw some olive oil in a pan, and cook till my food thermometer reaches 165-170. you can eat that or shred it and put it in a quesadilla with some black beans cheese whatever else.

can i also get everyones opinion on the corn vs flower tortilla debate? i use corn.

I don't drive and have no aspirations in life so no, I'm completely anti-social and will likely never find a woman who'll accept me anyways.

I also cook for myself all of the time.

true but you still need to eat eventually...

The biggest problem I have with fast food is that I can't fucking get lunch for less than $8 anywhere other than places like taco bell and shit.
Want a quick bite to eat? That'll be $7 for your BLT sir!
That'll be $8 for your gyro sir!
That'll be $11 for your burrito sir!

But and eat bananas you retard.

Ah, so you're the sort of person who is advice-proof but asks for advice anyway. If you want to complain about your life that's fine but don't make threads asking for help/advice.

I'm sorry you're down in the dumps my dude, hope you find some stuff you really enjoy soon.

I'm not OP, and I don't need to be happy

0 Step: Control, what you buy in the supermarket. Accept that everything is energy. Choose more and more good energy.

1 Step: Become lazier and just eat raw vegetables with a tasty dip... you bought them, now you have to eat them or you wasted money. Don't waste money.

2 Step: Learn to spice up the dip to make it tastier so its more satisfying and you have to use less...

3 Step: Make the dip from scratch.

Sidestep: Watch a ton of Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver on the internets...

underrated

>lunch for less than $8
make it yourself
if you are on Veeky Forums, you must have some kind of interest in cooking food
making a bagged lunch takes a matter of minutes, even less if just repackage leftovers from your dinner

Maybe over eat one time so you can't see fast food anymore...

Example: Eating 25 Big Macs in One Sitting (World Record)
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ0uDYdpHfs

A rice cooker and a wok. Use the product rule (sometimes called the counting principle) to calculate how many different dishes you can make given a set of ingredients.

Say you have 4 proteins, 10 vegetables, and 3 stir fry sauces. But you probably want to do more than just 1 vegetable per stir fry -- let's say 2 vegetables per dish. So 4 x 10 x 9 x 3 = 1080 different stir fries. You'll never be bored again. (BTW, it's 10 the first time and 9 the second because your list shrank by one. Same principle to counting a deck of cards is 52! or 52 x 51 x 50, etc. because each time you have one less card in the deck)

My rice cooker keeps rice warm for 12 hours. I can set it in the morning, and when its time for lunch, I can quickly stir fry the ingredients and plate it up. Takes like 5 minutes to make an epic lunch and it tastes different ever day.

just switch to subway it's fast food but it's healthy, then slowly wean yourself off from there.

Subway is garbage. Why buy that unless it's your only option? Surely there's a Philly Cheese Steak shop close by?

If you're shit at cooking watch Foodwishes on YouTube. The guy who runs the channel makes a lot of complex meals that aren't really practical for day to day eating. And they're mostly fattening. But while watching him make the recipes you'll pick up on a lot of basic cooking skills used across the board in Mediterranean, Mid-Eastern, Oriental, French, Broadly European, and American culinary styles. As well as spice groups and methods of imparting flavour.

Also start buying fruits and veg that aren't prep intensive. Meat and starch are the hardest foods to prepare whereas vegetables and fruits are delicious with little or no prep and cooking. If you're looking for healthy convenience you can't go wrong with focusing your diet around low prep time fruit and veg, and devoting some time to learning to git gud at cooking meat and starch.

Also, rice.

Just Jersey Mikes but there's always too many black people in the one on campus so I opt for subway

Start by cooking the kind of food you eat at home.
Don't start with foods like spaghetti and grilled chicken.
Make hamburgers and nachos and shit.
Then slowly start making more healthy foods and ween yourself off of junk food

>too many black people

So? What's wrong with that?

It's not safe to relax

>loud
>violent
>obnoxious
why wouldn't you want to be around these beautiful creatures user??!!!11!

This guy is right. When I was still in school I ate nothing but $4 chinese fast food combos because not only was it cheap but it was a big fucking platter of food. When I finally started having real income I stayed away from that type of eating altogether and have since stuck with four light meals a day. I went back to that chinese place one day and I couldn't even finish a third of the plate, I felt so full and ended up vomiting it because my body was rejecting the food.

food stays good in the fridge for weeks, maybe you need a better fridge

your farts must be awful

It's cheaper to buy ingredients and cook for yourself. Unless you're a fat fuck most times you cook will provide 2-3 meals worth of leftovers.

Also if you're single and want to reduce cleaning up, paper plates and disposable chopsticks. It's like $1 for a pack of each. Just make sure you have actual cutlery and crockery in case someone comes over.

This.
>Breakfast
Oats or Vegemite on toast

Lunch
>a sandwich

Dinner
>Meat & 3 steamed veg

>He doesnt want to spend less than $1 to make a sandwich himself, so he goes to a store and pays $8 for one instead
kek

Wean yourself off of fast food with decent frozen dinners (look around different meals from different brands and you'll find a few you will like) + raw vegetables like celery and carrot sticks. Don't be afraid to add mushrooms to some of the meals, and try buying some french bread from the bakery section. Just stay away from hungry man and other crap brands.