Is there anyone today like Thoreau? Is it even possible for someone to be like him today?

Is there anyone today like Thoreau? Is it even possible for someone to be like him today?

Please be more specific.

Someone who lived life deliberately. Someone who goes out and searches for a Good in an almost Platonic sense. Someone who, in their acts, does so because it would do so for pure delight of the act and the sublime feeling of it.

just memorize his works.

hahaha, that wouldn't be very much like Thoreau would it though? I would imagine he would want people to be a bit more individualistic than to just take his word as gospel.

>just Thoreau my shit up senpai

then why are you trying to follow people like him? just bee yourself.

>i want to be an individual like thoreau, so i won't memorize his works, since that wouldn't be what thoreau would do
see what i mean?

I don't think I ever said I wanted to be like him, but I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I was just wondering if there was a modern day equivalent to him.

>hahaha, that wouldn't be very much like Thoreau would it though? I would imagine he would want
you did say it, in effect. you want to be like him, when i just suggested to memorize his works, instead of trying to find someone like him.

I honestly thought you were joking it was such a stupid suggestion. I am very sorry about your condition.

>muh thoreaux cocksucking
>muh can't suck his cock too hard because he wouldn't think it proper
>muh what do you mean i ever sucked his cock?
you want to read some more shit like thoreaux, i say read thoreaux until you can remember everything he wrote, implying that you should go to the source. you responded that thoreaux would rather you be an individual, so i call you out on wishing to find other people to follow similar to thoreaux, contradicting thoreaux to begin with.

Just memorize thoreaux, dicklicker.

thoreau was a fraud lmao

I don't know, but have you looked *thorough*ly? ;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

reminder that thoreau was a privileged rich kid who wrote walden basically in his mom's backyard, larping as "muh independent nature man" when his mom would literally bring him cookies to eat

Theodore Kazinski

not that guy, but I witnessed the whole thing and you're a retard

eh, whatever. the guy wants to be an individual by following others.
i don't care that you want to defend him, he's still contradicting himself and should memorize thoreaux if he loves the faggot so much.
>inb4 he doesn't love the guy
he wants to read people like him, and implies it's possible that no one like him can ever exist again, it was a cocksucking thread from the beginning, so he should memorize his works and be done with it.

Yes, a Hindu. Thoreau was a big fan of the Bhagavad-Gita and was heavily influenced by it.

you seem like you need actual help

Honestly my dream job is to b an explorer or land mapper or something along those lines, but I know that you can't really do that anymore.

I needed to be born 200 years ago

get a load of Veeky Forums, must have had a group read of Freud, and now every other thread has some shitstain saying
>herp, you seem mentally deranged
>herp, you need help
>derp, that post was psychotic, no offense
you don't know what or who needs help, you fat sacks of shit. don't like a post? so be it, but don't pretend to give a flying fuck about anyone else's mental wellbeing. you fucking don't and couldn't diagnose psycopathy if it were fucking your cat.

Maybe I should have been more clear. It doesn't have to be someone I can read. I'm sure someone can take up a project like Thoreau did at Walden Pond and not write a book about it.

So is there someone who lived like Thoreau, or followed/is following his philosophy?

I don't know much about the Unabomber. Could you explain why he would be like a modern day Thoreau?

>I don't know much about the Unabomber. Could you explain why he would be like a modern day Thoreau?
Not the same user, but I'm assuming he's just going off Ted leaving society behind to live in nature. You could make the same comparison of Pentti Linkola but it's a pretty superficial comparison to what you seem to be looking for.