What exactly is so bad about cast iron pans you contrarian fucks?

What exactly is so bad about cast iron pans you contrarian fucks?

i left the heat on the stove so two years worth of seasoning started flaking off. so i had to scrub every single piece of seasoning clean, so that i could have a new foundation to build upon. This took two hours. and now i have to start all over with the seasoning process.

With cast iron skillets you're going to spend more time maintaining them than using them. And the only thing they do good is maintain uneaven heat. Its up to you if you think its worth it.

Depends what "so bad" means

It's a niche tool, which should be part of any serious cook's toolset. It has its strengths and weaknesses. Do you mean what are these weaknesses? Or do you mean why do people make fun of the neckbeards who pretend it's the only useful cookware and everything else - stainless lined copper, stainless lined aluminum, nonstick aluminum, etc - is a jewish conspiracy to make them feel dumb?

I have an electronic stove. So yes. Also don't fuck up. I don't have any problems with mine.

They're just a pain in the ass to take care of, that's all.

Alright for poorfags.
If you have an income just get some real iron pans.

Cast irons dont take much care as long as you arent retarded

Whenever i feel like making fat fuck comfort food i break out the cast iron. Chicken parm is unreal

All I do is rinse it out with hot water and give it some circular action with a medium brush. That helps lift out any residue (especially when searing meats). Then I put it back on the burner and boil off any water rather than drying it by hand. While it's still hot, I wipe the whole thing down with oil. Eggs slide around in the thing like brand new teflon. I happen to have a lid that fits nice and snug, so I can do potstickers and it's fucking awesome how those turn out. I'll never understand why people think something you don't have to wash with soap or dry with a towel is high maintenance. Is it the oil that grosses people out? I think it makes it look sexy as fuck. That thin layer of oil is so inviting -- like it's just begging me to lay my meat across it. I love the way food sizzles when it hits the hot surface. It's a god-tier griddle.

8 out of 10 people are retarded tho

I have literally never performed any sort of maintenence on my cast iron apart from making sure it's clean after I cook something sticky.

My cast iron tastes like soap.

You shouldn't eat cast iron

My doctor said I had an iron deficiency. What do?

drink more blood

Get your uterus removed

>Have a modern nonstick pan
>Just use it
>Clean it with soap in 30 seconds
>Never worry
>Does everything a cast iron does

>Have a cast iron
>Have to have it on the stove top for 2 hours before it teaches temperature
>Need to heat it slowly or the seasoning will crack
>ONLY wooden spatulas or the seasoning with crack
>ONLY certain foods or the seasoning will be ruined
>have to wash it separate from other dishes, soap must NEVER ever touch it or the seasoning will be ruined
>have to oil it every time you use or the seasoning will be ruined
>have to dry it immediately or the seasoning will be ruined

But hey, at least you can act smug about having a cast iron pan right? You can go on reddit and say how much better everything tastes when it's made in your sunk cost fallacy cast iron pan

I know this is b8 but you're an ass.

None of what you posted is true

Everything I said I wholly believe
Cast iron pans are for faggots who think they're better than everyone else.

Ok. Keep being retarded then. I can't help the helpless.

Eat your own shit

>goes back to the kitchen to apply another layer of oil because cast iron seasoning will be ruined if it hears it being insulted

Leave baitlord

Ooooooh sweet burn.

nothing.

nice b8, m8

They're really good for searing meat and little else, but I think the "use cast iron for everything" meme is what pisses people here off.

whats Veeky Forumss opinion on forged pans
there not so heay hut are made from iron and need to get seasoned?

fell for the meme 2 years ago, use it for most food, rinse and give a quick once over with steel wool. still has the rough factory surface. might do this, don't care if i lose the seasoning, i season my food with actual seasoning

anyone try this?

>don't care if i lose the seasoning, i season my food with actual seasoning
You know that "seasoning" just refers to the non-stick surface and not something that flavours the food, right?

Wait, do cast-ironfags really think that the pan's seasoning makes their food taste better like it's some kid of spice?

i know about the oxidized fats supposed to make it smooth and shit, but i assumed that flavor had something to do with it too seeing as the surface is still rough as shit after 2 years.

grinding wheel it is

Why would you do that? Also why do you have nigger paws?

read a filename bucko