Dude, you know a great way to get over your writer's slump?

>Dude, you know a great way to get over your writer's slump?
>COFFEE!

>coffee
>not suicide

coffee works if you're at a certain stage of soul evolution

it takes a certain type of awareness to know if you're there or not

I set those coffee "enthusiasts" on the same plain as junkies. They're annoying, quirky and talk about how great it is without you even asking.

Coffee is for junky plebs who can't stop staying up til 5 am on the computer when they have class or work the next day. I do the same thing, but I don't drink coffee because I'm not a pussy faggot.

Looks like we've got ourselves a tough guy here.

i can't take adults who don't drink coffee seriously

>coffee
>not doing cocaine, getting addicted and getting killed stealing a VCR from a house to sell for more cocaine
You disgust me

These dopes don't even know a thing about coffee, how to make it, which regions they favor, etc.

They drink trash coffee with a high caffeine (one of the big reasons why terrible coffee tastes bitter) content and think it's hot shit, when really it's just hot shit.

When I once drank coffee I couldn't sleep for 2 days. I'm sure it won't be as extreme if I try it now, but really, that shit can't be good for me.

>Sorry, since I started taking cocaine, coffee just doesn't do it for me.

I can't take anyone addicted to any substances whatsoever while not being self-aware of the fact seriously.

Last time I drank coffee to study I couldn't sleep for 2 days, was tired as if i have worked for 10h and my left arm felt wierd.

Either you guys are lying or are pussies. And no, I don't think coffee or any drugs help with the creative process. I can drink a mocha and be asleep in an hour.

>no coffee
>no meat
>no sugar
>no fap

I do this but I still have coffee and cigarettes. How's it going for you?

sugar's the hardest

Not that user but could you explain to me why you smoke? Whenever I have a pack the first cigarette has a great affect on me but it only lasts for about ten or fifteen minutes and isn't anywhere near as potent as other things. And after that first one the high is gone and doesn't come back unless I quit smoking for a few months.

I formed the habit over a number of years, my body is now used to the nicotine. The subjective experience is only noticeable when I quit.

>no sugar
I bet you still eat fruit, because it's sugar's "not really sugar"

>and think it's hot shit, when really it's just hot shit.

Kek'd

I don't take any adult who doesn't abuse any substance seriously. It's a natural human flaw; if there's pain to numb, shortcomings to compensate or questions to answer, chances are you're gonna form some kind of chemical dependency along the way. Meeting a totwlly straightedge person who hasn't gone through that shit is like meeting a guy who never went through puberty, it's just perplexing.

If you aren't desperately trying to fill some hole in your life with drugs then you aren't an adult in my eyes. Coffee being no exception. However if you're a little kid and you're drinking coffee you're just a little shit and you should stop.

>not using asceticism to numb the pain

>implying Buddha didn't abandon asceticism because it didn't work

Abandoned the asceticism of his day. In today's age Buddha's ideology is comparatively ascetic. Imo the most radical (and important) of Buddha's teachings is the abolition of the self.

That takes mental discipline.

Wouldn't mental discipline just lead to clinging to your self , by focusing on your mind? Meditation seems like the opposite of mental discipline to me. Just curious on your thoughts honestly not wanting to be controversial.

Admittedly I'm not being particularly precise with my wording.

Mental discipline insofar as you basically need to rewire how your brain thinks and processes events/the world around you - focusing on the "now" (all the while recognizing "now" as being an infinitesimal unit of time) and the impermanence of all things.

Basically just stripping yourself of as many attachments as you can.

That clears it up a bit. I kind of wonder what the point of it all is. Like if we just pass into nothingness in death then why get rid of attachments in this life?

For me: to deal with the dissatisfaction of existence.

Not in a whiney "boohoo kill yourself" way rather, unhappiness and dissatisfaction are inevitable part of day to day life so it's wise to find a way to deal with that.

That makes sense I think if one doesn't address the frustration of everyday life they will be like the "hungry ghost" with a stomach as big as a car but a throats as thin as a straw and a mile long (I've read a bit of Buddhism myself). So what is practice like for you like have you found something that works?

You're right, it doesn't work when you're an ascended being that material substances can only corrupt.
Maybe next life, soullet.

> drinking coffee

enjoy your acrylamide

I mean they're right

>I don't think coffee or any drugs help with the creative process.

This is just plain wrong. If you're not already somewhat developed creatively sober, yeah drugs won't really do anything. It wasn't weed and lsd that wrote all those Beatles songs at the end. But drugs and other substances do serve as inspiration and as enhancement for the right people under the right conditions. Becoming dependent is a problem but it isn't a necessary outcome of taking drugs.

kek

none of the NEET wannabe-monks in this thread know what's good. i'm going to have 2 or 3 of pic related with breakfast (buttered toasted sourdough, cheddar, 2 eggs, mayo, mustard, salt&pep).

Carry on with your worthless, flavorless existences guys.

just do some nangs lad

This is a meme, right?

cocaine, alcohol, and a gunfight work good for me

>*SSIIIPPPP*
user... you know the rule.

just get drunk lmao

This thread is fucking retarded. Mods must be asleep

I don't know what's so stimulating about making my heart rate rapid or making my orifices spew endless shit and piss for the rest of the day. One cup is fine for taste, and I can appreciate the varieties, but man I don't get any of the upsides. Tea is the right amount of caffeine to wake me if I need it. It's also generally more pleasant.

>making my heart rate rapid or making my orifices spew endless shit and piss for the rest of the day
You have coffee intolerance.

>if there's pain to numb, shortcomings to compensate or questions to answer
get over it. if you drown out your problems with substances it holds you back from the pain you're supposed to feel biologically to incentivize you to get over your problems. this is why I have zero respect for people who use drugs, coming from someone who's used plenty and been hospitalized twice for suicide attempts.

I'm not in pain anymore because I stopped hiding from pain with drugs and social co-dependence, confronted myself as the source of my problems, took accountability for my actions and stopped being a huge whiny baby about the past. if you can't figure out how to fill in a hole from your past, you aren't an adult in my eyes. still a little baby shrieking about how it hurts to live.

no sugar
no coffee
no tobacco
no alcohol
healthy diet
exercise
vape weed once a week, alone, in a ritual manner
take psychedelics no more than once a year

It increases your ability to focus you gigantic retard.

This. I know at least three people who don't even have a coffee pot in their house and I consider them children.

My ex didnt drink coffee, and he ordered soft drinks at restaurants instead of alcohol like a child.

As far as I know he has still never had a job and he is 27.

I'd say it increases my inability to focus cause I have to keep getting up to take a piss

>drugs and other substances do serve as inspiration and as enhancement for the right people under the right conditions.
Yes but quite literally anything can serve as inspiration and enhancement for the right people under the right conditions.

I can only image how much of a loser your must be if you dated him.

damn

>mods
>on Veeky Forums
You'll get banned for a few days out of nowhere for some insignificant shitpost in a shitpost thread, and that's the only time you'll ever see them.

>Drink coffee once
>Do nothing but piss the rest of the day

Am I supposed to think of what to write while I'm at the can?

best drug regimen

>Ketamine 1.5 mg once or twice a month
>Psilosibin 20mg once a month
>LSD microdose 10mg twice a week
>weed edibles 250 mg three times a week
>red wine three times a week 2 glasses
>Caffeine four times a week
>Green tea every day
>L-theanine five days a week

if you feel you need drugs to feel happy, quit immediately for a month

>not a cheeky combination of milky bars and Spiders, so many Spiders

pleb

It is for a week or two, but then the urge just went away. Incredible. I just cut everything out 100% no tolerance, actually feels great. I had some cake at a party where it would've been a hassle / rude to refuse and it made me kinda sick, I think I'm breaking free.

>writer's slump
Ahahahaha. Do people still believe in that?

Doing the same thing. Started two weeks ago. Feels like heaven.

Same experience. Sugar that doesn't come from fruits or veggies makes me feel like hell. I think it helped stabilize my attention as I can read and focus in general better now. That came with a lot of other lifestyle changes, so it's not entirely responsible.

True, but drugs are quite literally a entirely different state of being. If you're inspired by traveling to a different part of the world; drugs will open a well of inspiration like few other things can.

Ahahahaha go back to memeddit

Pretty sure they bitch about the writersblock meme there too.

Fuck You

>Caffeine four times a week
>Green tea every day
??

Coffee is literally the only thing that makes me not feel like a depressed slug that can't think straight. Yet when I drink lots of it I can get mild anxiety attacks and really sweaty palms.

an "Enthusiast" on anything is just plain annoying.

>No coffee
I tried this but it didn't make me different at all
>No meat
I could never do this
>No sugar
I was off sugar for like 5 months but ultimately I couldn't fucking handle people enjoying their lives and having the occasional donut or piece of cake or soda. Being off sugary sweets and sodas literally didn't do anything for me, I didn't even lose weight. I don't get how you fuckers can do that for years and feel somehow happier.

>No fap
Even The Greeks thought that no fapping was bad for you. Fapping is more healthy and natural than forcing your body to have no sexual release.

>Your cornball tale of woe
>Not nailing your dick to the dining room table then letting a baboon sodomise you so you can get a handle on the foolishness of existence
Now who's disgusted?

Not coffee but green tea. I always get a sudden rush of inspiration and energy whenever I drink green tea.

what green tea is your favourite?

>I didn't even lose weight
I'm pretty sure your diet still included a LOT of carbohydrates. When people say no sugar they mean no carbohydrates.

>Avoiding carbs

I might as well go live in the forest then, because literally all of western and asian cuisine is based around lots of carbs.