Go to your bookshelf

>go to your bookshelf
>examine all the books

Up until this very moment, how much money have you spent on your bookshelf, user?

bout 6-700 bucks, i dunno.

Max $200, as probably 95% of my the books I own were bought used/secondhand, save for the 5 or so books I wanted brand new, nice copies of.

$200

History books on Greeks, Romans, Middle Ages
Japanese textbook
Bible
Homer
Collected Plato
Collected Aristotle
Virgil
Augustine
Summa Theologica
Divine Comedy
Chaucer
Hobbit
Wizard Knight series
Maus
MetaMaus

Not much but it's growing.

>Doesn't download free ebooks.

>Buying commodities that depreciate a more than half in value as soon as you own 'em, top fucking kek.
>inb4 books no comoditee!!!!!!

Happily owns someone's used/ruined books. Highly likely to get cuckolded in the future.

Fuck, Veeky Forums, where did you go wrong?

>Gets tricked into falling for "muh wezzern cannon" meme.

Fuck, Veeky Forums, fuck.

>ecuck

Go charge your gameboy, you fucking tool

around 10k id say

i have a couple of kindles as well.

zero. my mummy bought me all my books and now I read free ebooks on my kindle like an adult. paying for anything other than services and food is retarded.

>all the books that he wants are available in ebook

protip: you're still a newfag pleb.

>used/ruined books
Wrong. Most are in pretty good condition, actually. Kys.

nothing, my dad made it for me out of the old kitchen worktop

That's my genuine taste. I'd like to get into lesser known medieval and comic books, though.

>Reads free ebooks on Kindle.
>Doesn't pay a stupendous amount to buy books that are worthless weight lying around, taking space.

Ubermensch detected

>Wastes 10k when all he needed was a couple of hundred for late fees at the library.

>Brags about it online

Fuck, Veeky Forums

0 because I'm a library patrician.

>Doesn't see that the condition of the book doesn't make it any less degrading to own someone's used shit

Kek.

>this peasant emotional support group

you're a complete retard if you don't read majority of books on kindle.. Even if you're smart you're retarded in an autistic way,

>Needs a picture to help him articulate his point.
>Still thinks he deserves to live.

Fuck, Veeky Forums, fuck

>Thinks that matters at all
>Next-level autism
You have to be 18 to post here.

~2k

Most used.

Given most of my books away, too. Easily spent >5k over my life.

>Thinks people don't buy physical copies at all.
>Doesn't know smart people only buy physical copies of books not available digitally.
>Creates a dichotomy between print and digital, and doesn't use both as per his needs.

Fuck, Veeky Forums, the autism here might trigger a weaker man

i don't like annotating/marking on kindle. i loathe it, in fact. but then i'm not going to talk shit on people who use kindle for easy reads. of course that's fine. it's the guys who try to reason out of physical format in toto that let me know how newreader they are.

>Even if you're smart
probably.
>you're retarded in an autistic way
undeniably.

here is a picture of a dog with a smoke in his mouth. i don't think it helps me articulate my point any but he does look rather sporting in it.

>Still lives with a trampled self-esteem which allows him to justify buying something as cheap as books second hand.
>Thinks anyone who doesn't share his belief is autistic.

Veeky Forums, Fuck, really

About $3000 give or take.

>buying an ebook reader/pc
you're the only cuckold here

t. at the library, posting on the library computer, ready to check out like 5 books

Like £100-£200 at most, i pirate the majority of my books

probably about $3500 in the last few years. I like buying books new and admiring how they look organized on a bookshelf. I only preview books digitally. if it catches my interest in the least, I go out and purchase a copy.

also
>highlighting a brand new, undefiled book gives me a rush like no other

>tfw rich family
>tfw live in house given by dead grandma
>grandma and grandpa were avid readers for their 90+ years of life
>tfw i have four walls covered in nothing but books
>most are very old
>most are very well kept
>they all smell very very much like books
>there are probably three to five thousand books there

>probably worth 10 - 100 thousand usd

Thats way too much effort bud.

(OP)
How could I possibly know that? Half of them are used, and they span a decade of spending. I also have about three double rows of books.

Since I started buying books, maybe 1000(not counting my weeb phase)? Since I found libgen, maybe 30

>Not installing an e-reader app on phone or tablet or laptop
>Not carrying digital library everywhere he goes
>Thinks e-reading devices are an anomaly

Top kek all in all, but fuck. Veeky Forums, what happened?

Possibly as much as £1000. I have two full bookshelves, and a stack of books (need a third bookshelf, no room for it).

Counting only more or less Veeky Forums-acceptable books, around $500. Then if you add various comics, fantasy, not to mention pretty much every single Discworld book, I'm probably easyily pushing $1000+

Honestly fucking jelly. My dream is to have a big comfy library room. Right now I'm only buying paperbacks though, not sure if that's going to be as comfy in a library.

can you fly me to your house rich boy, i want to share in your wealth

Probably like 800 dollars if I'm going to guess.

Not that much. My bookshelf ain't that big, but it is nice to watch it sometimes because it only contains books that I like.

probably about $800 bucks over 5 or 6 years

>Fell for the Veeky Forums meme
>Wailed his way through GR
>compensates for being on the bandwagon by buying graphic novels depicting prepubescent Japanese girls being raped by an anthropomorphic squid
>spent nearly 500 American shekels on it
>Actually confesses to it on the internet

Damn, Veeky Forums

Kek, literally finished GR a few days ago, so well played. But the majority of them are before I even started browsing Veeky Forums, it's just a standard assorment of "classics", not specifically Veeky Forums-core, like East of Eden, Fahrenheit 451, Keurac, Lovecraft, etc. As for the comics, only superior Anglo graphic novels for me, thanks.

This thread makes me feel rich.

>paying for anything other than services and food is retarded.
t. naked man in empty room

You know putting things in "quotation marks" and spelling it incorrectly makes you look like a twat with no real argument right?

Well, I have ~12k books in my personal library. Many were free, many were a dollar, many were ten, and some of the rarer editions were a few hundred. I would guess I've spent roughly $80k, if not more.

>Thinks adding a question mark after a sentence turns it into a legitimate question
>Mfw when the average Veeky Forumsizen's grammar displays symptoms of dyslexia.

Kek

Can you share a picture of this glorious place?