Should restaurants have music?

Should restaurants have music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8&app=desktop
strawpoll.me/14409194
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why dont those faguts tell the cook to tune it down? every restaurant will do this when the customers complain

Is this a thing? I've never been to a restaurant with loud music. Don't eat bar food.

When I worked at Red Lobster they had a playlist of maybe 30 songs that played on a loop. I worked there a year and a half and now cringe whenever I hear any of them.

This.

The only "restaurants" I've ever been to with loud music are bars, I've never heard music at Ruby Tuesday's and having worked at a restaurant before I know first hand you can just ask to turn it down. Most people will be happy to, it's pretty rare every employee on the floor likes the song that's playing.

I used to work at an Indian restaurant that played loud, crazy Bollywood-type music. Told them it probably wasn't the best choice and they switched it to Indian classical. Indian classical sounds identical to the Spongebob soundtrack.

Same at Walmart. I worked there in 2012 and they had this 1 CD that apparently all Walmarts use for store music. It had a bunch of popular songs from the last 4 decades, stuff like Rebecca Black's Friday and Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys. Totally inoffensive, popular stuff. It was about 5 hours long so it would repeat before my shift ended.

Went back to Walmart to shop last year and lo and behold, they were still playing the same music.

I don't know what the spongebob soundtrack sounds like, becuase I do not own a television. What sort of classical, is it Hindustani? Carnatic? From what era? Are there vocals?

On second thought, they're bollywood-watching trash so probably some middlebrow fluff compilation set, no doubt pirated, no doubt in 96kbps mp3. I bet it was thumri, yes?

I would also like to take this opportunity to mention I do not own a car, or a microwave.

When i as younger all Italian restaurants had cheesy Italian music in the be background. That stopped at some point. I don't know why, i kinda liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8&app=desktop

>dat late 90's CGI
Times were so simple back then, fuck being and adult and fuck all the responsibilities it comes with.

is this pretentious fuckhead trying to paint restaurant music being too loud for him as a political issue? and why does he have to label every single thing in the cartoon? it's insulting to the reader and takes away any subtlety there might have been.

Ayo hold up

Why is his cigarette smoke spelling “rape?”

I think it's vaper

Someone should tweet this asshat and ask why he’s making a rape joke for shits and giggles

It says "Vape"
The better question is why is there a woman wearing a crown underneath the table screaming.

Kelly is an Onion cartoonist who mocks political cartoons that do just that user.

You philistine.

Strawpoll time. Ruby Tuesday's vs Applebee's vs Chili's

strawpoll.me/14409194

Jeez, man. I guess Chili's has a better selection of booze?

They do, I have to give them that. The one on Kadena AB in Okinawa has an amazing selection of beers, literally like 4 pages long. But I hate Americanized pseudo-mexican food.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the managers was Hindu, so I'll assume it was that. No clue what era it was from, and there weren't any vocals.

For the record, there's a bit of irony in the fact that the so-called "Hindustani" tradition has the word "Hindu" in it, and Carnatic does not. Hindustani is actually much more influenced by Mughal/Persian/foreign (i.e., Muslim) traditions than Carnatic.

But they sound like plebs, so it was probably not Carnatic. To be fair, you have to have a pretty high IQ to appreciate South Indian classical.

male draenei dance

Recommendations pls Indian classical user

>implying any meaningful difference

it's all SYSCO microwave-dinner horseshit, my friend.

That's Lady Liberty.

I like to think the steaks are fresh

>the one at vine and sherwood

the purpose of music is so people can't hear other customer's conversations as easily

>The Onion

LAST CHRISTMAS I BURIED MY HEART

we put bossa nova at the restaurant and then people drown it with their fucking loud chatter. Shitstains.

It's "I gave you my heart"

>he thinks his pleb-tier ambience music is more important than my conversation
nobody likes bossa nova in Brazil either btw

you can choke on a dick, bossa nova is classy and people like to talk in a yell level, just learn to talk like adults, faggots

AT WOUNDED KNEE, I STAYED THERE ALL DAY

What the hell does that have to do with music in restaurants?

Have you niggers seriously never seen a Kelly comic before?

its satire you fucking mong

Oh thank god it's a parody. I guess he got me, it was spot on. I was thinking what a sadsack this guy must be to have a vendetta against busboys.

So the volume of the music should be about the same as the loudness of a quiet conversation a couple tables away. And it usually is, the only time I've been in a restaurant with too-loud music was when they had a live performer with his own sound system. Those guys are always too loud because they are trying to promote themselves and don't care about the restaurant.

If I see a band or a guitarist or whatever (one time, it was a guy with a fucking didgeridoo) when I walk in, I just ask to be seated as far away as possible. I say I'm hard of hearing if I'm worried it will sound rude.

I haven't actually.

Well, aren't you just proud of yourself?

I was angered by his comics at first for the same reason, but once you understand the format they're hilarious. I love this guy

Lmao what's it's like to be that poor

>not having a car makes you poor
What's it like owning a money pit on wheels?
My form of transportation saves me shitloads of money and gets me a nice workout.
pic related

>commuting to work on a flying pigeon
The only Americans I know who do this are rich motherfuckers, so you're either rich, or not American

Just means he lives somewhere dense.