Have you ever stopped to think about the meaning of dreams...

Have you ever stopped to think about the meaning of dreams? Such an argument may sound trivial and perhaps even childish in this board of philosophy aficionados, men of science etc... but honestly, have you ever had precognitive dreams? How would you explain those?

I have them occasionally.

I don't really have an explanation, but I would guess it has something to do with the fact that linear time, as we understand it, doesn't really exist, and it's no such much that you're looking into the future, but more like the future doesn't really exist and the future has already happened.

by dreams are so on the nose about whatever topic they're about that it's a little insulting. I see it as my subconscious being a little shit.

I thought about it as well. But how exactly do dreams link us to such a distant side of our reality?

>But how exactly do dreams link us to such a distant side of our reality?

how the fuck would I know, you idiot? I'm just guessing here.

Yeah sorry about that hahahah i was just wondering

NOW I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU
NEVER
FORGET YOU

What's an example, senpai?

I was thinking of Reoccuring dreams when choosing the pic, seemed to relate quite well

THIS TRIGGERS ME DELETE IT YOU PSEUD SHIT FUCK

Alright, so there's this one dream where I'm in this long cage with my döppelgänger. It's completely black except for a circle of light in the center. Then my clone wanders off into the dark and no matter how much I yell for them to come back, they won't, and I'm too scared to go after them. To make things worse, there's this globby tar monster with way too many and way too sharp teeth outside of the cage, following me around. I sort of wander back and forth, and then, out of desperation, I try to attack the monster, which basically laughs and then eats me. I get a nice long look at it's glistening pale gullet before it eats me, too. But the real kicker, is that the entire time "Separation Anxiety! Separation Anxiety! Separation Anxiety" has been playing on repeat, continuously, over the PA system.

>Have you ever stopped to think about the meaning of dreams?
Yeah, I read Freud's Interpretation of Dreams and keep a dream journal.

You fucking faggot

I've had this interesting dream once.

>be in school hallway
>start masturbating out of nowhere
>people are standing around me but nobody cares
>lit prof starts doing a literary analysis of my masturbation, its symbolic meaning and all that bullshit
>wake up
>try to interpret the dream
>so, masturbating in the middle of a hallway with people watching is a completely nonsensical and surreal event
>someone tried to interpret it, but says nothing meaningful about it (you can't find meaning in that which is meaningless)
>and that is exactly what I'm doing right now, trying to interpret a dream
>the message of the dream was that dreams don't have messages

>Freud
Pleb

Kill yourself

It's just a byproduct of the brain preserving and repairing itself.

brainlet

You're stupid as fuck.

I had a dream wherein I had a long pink ponytail. The dream dictionary I looked up for fun said I had to express my feminity.

Two years later I came out as transgender so make that what you will

Read Jung he put pretty much his entire career into the topic.

Same desu

As a comfortably heterosexual male I sometimes have dreams where I'm a chesty girl trying on dresses.