Newbie here

Newbie here.
Should I try cooking mushrooms? I've googled some recipes because I had no fucking clue what could be done with them.

I just like mushrooms but never have any chance to cook them. Same for seafood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2J482y8WVdo
youtube.com/watch?v=lTXmea7Dg2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just throwing them in a pan with a bit of oil, garlic, and onion is a great treat.

>Should I try cooking mushrooms?
Absolutely not, it's a product for only trained professionals. It really needs to be licensed, but the fucking NMA says it's a human right to cook mushrooms without training.

Does butter work the same?
I don't have olive oil with me.

Yes, I personally use a little bit of butter and olive oil, then brown the onions and garlic before adding the mushrooms, cooking them down with red wine and thyme

youtube.com/watch?v=2J482y8WVdo

they're overrated. cook something else

Beef with mushroom.

Here's how to saute mushrooms, OP

Mushrooms is like one of the easiest foods to prepare. It's like the food version of training wheels on a bike. Almost impossible to overcook.

this. Sear some beef beforehand then cook some mushrooms, onions, and red wine in the fond. Throw everything in a slow cooker with some beef stock for like four hours for stroganoff

I tried this with some shiitake i bought. I burned it a little. How do you know when mushrooms are "done"

ever cooked onions? that's how you make mushrooms, just with more salt and pepper/whatever else you wanna add like any herbs or spices. also you can just toss them in curry, soup, stir fry, stewed meat, anything. another potent ingredient is dried mushrooms, you can toss them in with slow cooked food (especially shittakes) for an intense flavor, and you can rehydrate and use them to make risotto and use the mushroom water along with stock.

>ever cooked onions? that's how you make mushrooms
you don't "sweat" mushrooms.

egg, seasoned flour, and deep fry

hello flyover!

fuck you, it's good

yeah you do

Just sautee them.

revolting

Throw butter in pan

Add mushrooms

Add salt and pepper

Toss them around until they're soft and dark

Put on a plate

Have an orgasm in your mouth.
Fucking love mushrooms.

So many posts and not even one of them suggesting the actual best method of making them. Quarter, season with salt red chili and toss in oil. Spread on a baking tray and roast at 375. Ten minutes in drain the juice and reserve. Roast till crispy. Eat.

why roast when you can saute for color?

Gives a crispier end result. Sauteing usually ends up with a few overcooked and undercooked sides.

rosemary goes well with mushrooms

youtube.com/watch?v=lTXmea7Dg2U

No many are poisonous just get some tenders

Don't move them around in the pan when you saute them. You won't get them to brown up, and they will end up more steamed than anything.

And don't add salt until the very end.

Just cook them in a pan with butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Delicious. I'm not a big fan of them raw.

My man. I love a good mushroom and rosemary in red wine sauce.

>high heat for mushrooms
For what purpose? Do you want soggy mushrooms? Cook it low and slow and you can get as much water to evaporate as possible, thus intensifying the flavor and giving a better, meatier texture.

I typically fry mine in butter and salt on low-to-medium heat for 20-30 minutes. They brown just fine during the last 10 minutes when most of the water has evaporated.

DO NOT TRY