Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Maps-Meaning-Architecture-Jordan-Peterson/dp/0415922224
youtube.com/watch?v=0p1UFiNiOek
parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-16/royal-assent
youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=RmswlWQrTdE
twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/405200126236311554
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whoa...he revealed his full power level!

Reminds me that I need to fucking exercise already. What's the best way to get enough exercise in the least amount of time?

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

>You start to get stupider (wrt IQ) by 22.
fuck my train has passed

This isn't true right?

He's wrong

I hope to fucking God it aint right.

>he thinks youtube videos are books
i'm sure your mother thinks you're very smart, junebug.

But user...

What is THIS?!

amazon.com/Maps-Meaning-Architecture-Jordan-Peterson/dp/0415922224

What's this book about anyways

is i self-help like his video lectures?

Brain peaks till 21, starts deteriorating afterwards.

It fucking is right.

I'm 23. Goodnight, sweet princes.

>Why have people from different cultures and eras formulated myths and stories with similar structures? What does this similarity tell us about the mind, morality, and structure of the world itself? Jordan Peterson offers a provocative new hypothesis that explores the connection between what modern neuropsychology tells us about the brain and what rituals, myths, and religious stories have long narrated. A cutting-edge work that brings together neuropsychology, cognitive science, and Freudian and Jungian approaches to mythology and narrative, Maps of Meaning presents a rich theory that makes the wisdom and meaning of myth accessible to the critical modern mind.

>0
rest in peace

i never had a chance re-educating myself then

RUN
U
N

in the last 20 min that you browsed stuff you could have ran 5 km

It's simple, natural, doesn't take much time and you feel good after it

>i don't know my IQ, BUT JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IT'S IN EXCESS OF 150

a book by a Jungian who wishes Freud could be right.

>I had it measured at one point.

>tfw broke the curve so badly when tested JP is jelly
I mean, I don't place much value on it, but the people who feel the need to make their youtube videos about their lower scores just in case the test is private like the rest of them really make me laugh. It says a lot more about personality and character to do that than it does about your IQ.
He surely knows his IQ drops every year since the test, and will drop more for every re-test.

I exercise but I'm still stupid as shit.

Exercise maintains IQ. It doesn't improve it.

>3
see? case in point

oh wow, you mean he can assemble a cardboard box slightly faster than a normie? wow.

>he isn't smart enough to guess his IQ

Last two digits are your IQ.

last 4 are mine

>Brain peaks till 21, starts deteriorating afterwards.
prefrontal cortex is only fully formed at 25

people under 25 are literally brainlets

after 25 it's downhill though

>IQ d-d-doesn't matter!
shut up and eat your mud cookies, jamal

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRolllllll

le brainlet

this isn't a very common thing to happen m8

>above 150
wew lad

After months and months of shilling on /lit, I decided to watch some of Peterson's lectures.

Is it supposed to be a joke?
He basically says common sense stuff you would get from reading old latin adages. This guy's a fucking hack.

reminder that multiple intelligences is a liberal mystification and so on

he basically spouts right wing talking points, makes millions doing so, and calls himself a centrist

>jordan peterson talks about his IQ
>it's on the 150 level
>b-but i'm not good at quantitative intelligence
>i-it's n-not that i'm dumb
>it's just t-that there a-are different types of intelligence

kek

crystalline and dynamic intelligence are different things.

It's extremely common when the white man's tax dollars aren't raining down.

Dude's been preaching a self-fulfilling prophecy for years. He's just that bad.

Like most academics, what he has down more than anything is the ability to remember tons.

I don't doubt I could beat him in a maths test. Any sort of debate, well, he'd probably annihilate me.

He may be good as a psychologist but in literary and philosophical terms it's pretty embarrassing

25 is the current consensus, but their is still a lot of debate and hope that we can stave off the downward trend. We're still living in the you can't grow new brain cells meme even though this has been proven false in people who exercise and have a healthy diet.

Roll

last one is mine

Remember boys it in his best interest to casually reveal his very high iQ.

he was asked in the QnA

sort your resentment out

haha shit I literally got the same percentiles on my GRE so I feel a little better about myself. Peterson is a smart cookie.

I'll see you at the next spiral, space cowboy ;)

>has high IQ
>doesn't know how to read
He whined on and on about that Canadian bill, C-16, and complained that you would get fined or jailed for misgendering or wrong pronoun use. But there isn't a single sentence in that entire bill that even implies that. If he actually read it he would know that.

still hate speech though

user, I.. you're the brainlet in this instance.

No, it isn't. The only thing in that bill that says anything about hate speech is "hate propaganda", which has a very specific definition in Canadian law. There is nothing about misgendering in the bill. C-16 is just a modification on the human rights bill to add gender identity. So if you're trans, you can't be discriminated against for employment, for example.

Okay, then name the sentence that says that. Do it, dipshit. You can't.

It is true. Exercise increases blood flow and flushes toxins from your brain.

>mfw manlets are brainlets and exercising at the library does nothing.

isn't it hate propaganda to make a youtube channel with videos dedicated to stopped people from using gender pronouns because it's "marxist/post modernist thought control"?

>peterson didn't read bill c-16
you're a real retard

youtube.com/watch?v=0p1UFiNiOek

This is just a video of him reading out a letter sent to him. Hilariously, people also thought he was getting fired over that when he never was.

Why don't you just read that damn text yourself? You're on Veeky Forums, a board supposedly dedicated to reading. It's literally less than a page long.

parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-16/royal-assent

There isn't a single mention of misgendering or pronoun use in that bill. There is nothing defining misgendering or pronoun use as hate speech either. Peterson was bullshitting.

Isn't this guy supposed to be a babbling idiot?

watch more than a cumulative 30 seconds of the video, he addresses all of your retarded points

>This enactment amends theCanadian Human Rights Actto add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.
What is misgendering someone?

I had really hoped those IQ clickbait ads at the bottom of this site were just signs of the impending internet advertising bubble, but I'll be damned.

No, he doesn't, Peterson shill. He reads a letter, challenges the people who sent him the letter to a debate, and then plays footage of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Discrimination would be refused from being hired in a government position because you're trans. There is nothing in the bill defining misgendering as discrimination. This is merely you and Peterson hypothesizing that it could possibly, maybe, be interpreted that way without any solid evidence. The notion that the Human Rights Commission would undergo an entire investigation simply because someone called you a boy when you feel like you're a girl is laughable. The government won't magically kick your door down and drag you to court simply because you said "he" instead of "she" once.

That's way too vague to claim it's banning misgendering people

the amount of ignorance in this pot really reveals the amount of people that don't read a shit and just fall for lit memes

The Canadian Government has already used it as reason to shut down spa's that have "Women's only" services that do not allow pre-op trasgenders to take part. Specifically, they shut down a spa (Or a gym? Doesn't matter) that had "Women's only day" and did not include crossdressing men under "women". So while it's not quite at "misgendering" it's a legitimate fear.

99 get

I'm gonna call bullshit on this, especially given that the bill was just passed

>people ask me about my IQ
>it's only aboot 150
>embarrassment.jpg
>great now everyone is going to think I'm dumb
>there goes all my credibility, sorry guys

Does he not realize the average IQ in the west is barely pushing 100 now, if that?

Do you not realize that the average unironic Veeky Forums shitposter's IQ is about 90 at best?

Delete thread.

>this leaf wants to be our new cliff
jesus the girl who didn't read at all would be better.

Nobody cares. It's just shitposters and idiots.

Fresh off the reddit boat, are you?

>i am smarter than everyone around me

durr

Get over yourself. Dwindling down all his work to "self help" is insipid.

That's not true whatsoever. Maybe an enthusiasm for test taking and learning new things decreases but, at 25, I'm definitely smarter than the 17-18 year old me even though that age is when I built my intellectual foundation. A part of it is the idea that the world is so new, it causes you to seek knowledge. I'm sure neuroplasticity decreases when that's no longer the case, but it's been proven that neuoplasticity (and I'm also postulating intelligence, and an ability to learn new things) can be regenerated.

The map is not the territory. Correlation is not causation. As long as you're alive you can push yourself in whatever direction you want.

We know pretty much nothing for sure in science.

Rollin for wrinkles

What the fuck are these videos? Is he entertaining alt right trolls on a youtube live stream from the comfort of a dark hallway in his house?

Why?

>After University of Toronto psychology professor Jordan Peterson complained about what he called, "political correctness," having to use gender-neutral pronouns in class, and Bill C-16, students and professors alike spoke out. U of T students staged a "teach-in and rally" in order to "fight transphobia, intersexism, and nonbinary erasure in post-secondary education" and over 250 faculty members signed a letter associating Peterson's comments with "hate speech." Just last week administrators ordered Peterson to "stop making statements that could be considered discriminatory under provincial human rights legislation."

Even criticizing the bill is potentially illegal. This fucking country, I swear.

>last two
Probably correct.

You know 150+ is genius level, right?

Did Hitler have 150+ verbal intelligence?

youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg

I don't know, but Hitler almost certainly would have been in the 99th percentile in terms of intelligence regardless of how you feel about the man personally. So would Heydrich, Goebbels, Lenin, Stalin, as well as every major dictator and political or religious demagogue.

youtube.com/watch?v=RmswlWQrTdE

What about swimming? Always thought it was better than running.

Thrice a week lifting, beginners routine. It will not take more than 45 minutes to an hour at least in the first six months. Do Starting Strength of StrongLifts 5x5. Godspeed.

They tested the Nuremberg Nazis. It's actually a hilarious story because Goering found out Schacht tested higher than he did, and demanded to take the test again. (They didn't let him). Only about half of them scored in the 99th, and iirc Goering though Goebbels was a retard long before that. Hitler wasn't the smartest of the bunch, but he was more affable than most. However, even then, it's unlikely he would be 150 in verbal, since even those that were highly tested amongst the rest, 143 was the highest score (Schacht's score)
Stalin banned IQ as bourgeois mind poison so it's highly unlikely he would score anywhere on the scale.

*thought Goebbels

Why is everybody so jealous of this guy here? Leftists here are either complaining about his wealth or now his IQ

>Why is everybody so jealous of this guy here?
I'll admit. He is smart and succesful.
What bothers me is that he can be so non-scientific in a scientific field.

How so?

Can you please stop shitposting about this man? You're ruining a great thinker for everyone.

>brain peaks at 25
>almost 100% of great literature was written by people older than that
>some by people in the late stages of life
Really sorts my self out

He does actually divide into science and non-science and doesn't let non-science slip into his papers at least
I am bothered by it because he is an authority and some people swallow the stuff he says without thinking about it or looking at other sources

And I am Veeky Forums minded so I read with the purpose of understanding things and so it bothers me that I put a lot of effort into it while certain intellectuals like Peterson don't

And I know I am not your typical Veeky Forums, I am more like a Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums person, but this board is usually more refreshing

he's a retard twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/405200126236311554

>I am Veeky Forums minded

No you're not. Let's be real here.

You're going to have to be more specific.

>I can dismiss a thinker wholesale because of some stupid tweet they made 4 years ago

This is what Veeky Forums has become.

why is he wrong?

yes it is
but that's not really an option for most people
and it takes more than 20 min