ITT: Dystopias better than 1984/BNW

Zamyatin, 'We'

The Camp of Saints
The Turner Diaries

The Democratic Party platform.

Lemuel Gulliver's third voyage.

Never read that one. Will give it a go.

>Burdekin, Swastika Night
Groovy look at identity politics and Nazism. Very interesting as it was written in 1937 and what passed for a progressive and tolerant perspective then is borderline /pol/ today.

Camp of the Saints is interesting. Raspail was absolutely spot on with identifying what he called 'The Beast', Europe's collective suicidal self-loathing and guilt, but I think that the book suffers from his wanting to make too many other points and getting bogged down in anecdotes which are relevant to his point on globalisation being shit but completely choke up the narrative flow. Very good at making third worlders sound detestable.

BNW was a utopia tho

I like how most of the Veeky Forumsfags always want to oppose even if what they say is complete autism

FPBP

Stop this fucking meme you contrarian

WE is an awfully written novel

>inb4 translation
I've read 1984 in french and it could still translate better than WE

WUZ

wheres that pic from, asking for a friend of course

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick.

Pat Frank's Alas, Babylon

Riddley walker
canticle for leibowitz
memoirs of a survivor

This and Radio Free Albemuth

The Slynx.

The Diary of Anne Frank

Acts of Caine

America, 2017

Fuck Drumpf.

End your life my dude

Maybe I can ask in this thread...

Looking to find a specific sci-fi/semi-dystopian novel that I read a quick synopsis of long ago, but forgot the title.

Background: Set in the future, of course. The world is a utopian society of sorts, where a majority of the population is hooked on a government issued drug that rends them blissfully ignorant of things beyond their own personal being (or something). This society is also obsessed with media. One form of entertainment of this utopia are "era zoos", where sprawling habitats of the past (like the Old American West, Ancient China, Jurassic Period, etc) are maintained to exact detail, to the point where most of the small populace in them aren't aware they're in a fake environment. The population visit these.

The story follows a teen who escapes from one of these era zoo habitat (a cave man one) & and (I think) how he joins a resistance movement to bring down the utopian government (which turns out to not be utopian after all). A major plot point I remember is right after he escapes & ends up in a city, he's treated like a celeb & a media darling. But later, due to some future confusion of his, he causes a big car crash & society turns on him. Another plot point was his mother turned out be originally from the future society, ending up in the era zoo habitat after (I think) fucking the wrong guy & birthing the teen. She was really addicted to the gov drug before & when she came back into society via her son, she hooks right back on the drug & is seemingly lost.

Any of this sound familiar to anybody, and would know the title?

any history book

I'm almost certain this is a troll post, but I'm curious to know if this YA version of Brave New World actually exists.