I just finished this and I can't figure out how you've all convinced yourselves that this isn't a children's book...

I just finished this and I can't figure out how you've all convinced yourselves that this isn't a children's book. Is it just blind nostalgia, or have you really not read anything else?

Talking to yourself OP?

Why do you believe that children's books can't be good literature? Is it just ignorance, or have you not thought about it properly?

LotR's setting is so good it spawned an entire genre.

Do you really have to twist people's points to be able to make an argument? I'm talking specifically about the fact that people on here get so butthurt about it being called what it is: a book for children. It's not bad, and it certainly changed everything, but I feel like everyone on here is just trying to convince themselves it's okay to reread this over and over and never move on, rather than taking it for what it is and placing it where it belongs within the Canon.

Do you have any other irrelevant points you'd like to make?

"Animal Farm" is also a childrens book, try reading it as an allegory you pleb.

>9704276
>9704282
not even giving you a (you)

pay me and I might do some autism wrangling with you today but I'm not getting your poop on my face for free

>I'm talking specifically about the fact that people on here get so butthurt about it being called what it is: a book for children

Literally when has anyone ever said this? I think you're projecting

Who cares dude its just a book

For most people, a children's book has a target demographic around 9-14 years old. LOTR is closer to a 15-20 years old audience. You could personally see a 15-20 year old audience as children if you want, sure why not.

It's still a children's book and an incredibly obvious allegory that people pat themselves on the back for knowing, even though their 7th grade teacher told them.

The Canon is based on what authors read and become influenced by not by critics and LotR will still be read hundreds of years from now and continue to be influential so I think it's place in the canon is secured.

>It's not bad

it's not an allegory retard

The Canon is based on what authors read and become influenced by not by critics and Harry Potter will still be read hundreds of years from now and continue to be influential so I think it's place in the canon is secured.

Yes, that's very possible. Nice insight.

Harry Potter hasn't influenced anything but online fan fiction no one reads.

why do care just start another book

Reading something isn't the same as understanding it user.

I just finished this and I can't figure out how you've all convinced yourselves that this isn't a moron's book. Is it just blind sycophancy, or have you really not read anything else?

Some have even ventured to say that the first sentence was so good he was inspired to write the whole book

>anyone over the age of 8 having trouble understanding this garbage
Sad day for Veeky Forums

Great, OP, you have just read what I was already reading in the 3rd grade, perhaps some day you will catch up.

>I'm talking specifically about the fact that people on here get so butthurt about it being called what it is: a book for children
Did you mean to click on Reddit and end up here by mistake?

J O Y C E D
O
Y
C
E
D

This. It's barely mentioned here and brutally attacked whenever it is.

I'm honestly sick of all these teenagers who haven't figured out that vicariously hating themselves won't cure the fact they'll always be pieces of shit, and in fact, the behavior is the seed for them certainly becoming so.

Read more. Post less.

>he thinks he understood TLotR or even that most people can
lmao at your life senpai

>everyone on here is just trying to convince themselves it's okay to reread this over and over and never move on
I have never seen anyone, on any site, say this. Acknowledging Tolkien as the father of fantasy and LotR as a masterpiece doesn't mean you never read anything else.

>It's not bad, and it certainly changed everything,
kek