1 tomato
Half a white onion
4 cloves of garlic
Some chopped cilantro
Chili powder
Cumin
Salt
Vinegar
Blend that shit into a paste and cook the water out of it. Then add a cup of vinegar and cook it down again

Tastes like touchdowns, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Masontops-Pebbles-Pipes-Mason-Fermentation/dp/B01N5EP6MA/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_79_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R053W0RFHP9P7EB9RQRW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>jalapeƱos

I hate to start the thread with capsaicin tolerance wankery, but come on now...

Hot sauce is meant to taste good.

Heat is just heat. Doesn't taste like shit.

So wrong.

>Hot sauce is meant to taste good.
So wrong.

Southern US "Cuisine" in a nutshell.

Pickling shit is redpilled.

why do your canning lids have boners?

>food isn't meant to taste good.

because it's hot

I think you missed the joke.

Go take a swig of Blair's and get back to us on the brilliant flavor.

But different peppers have different flavours. You missed out on the smokiness of chipotles or the fruitiness of habaneros. I think your technique and the other ingredients are good, but using chili powder and using only one type of (rather mild) pepper is the main drawback of the sauce.

What you made isn't really "hot sauce", it's a hot "sauce" for general use. Could work well as a marinade perhaps. AFAIK "hot sauces" tend to have fewer ingredients and focus more on the chili aspect.

I'd drink pic-related with a straw if I could.

this.

>More heat makes it taste bad
u dumb

Where do you buy lids like that? What are they called? I assume they have a hole to let air escape?

If i saw this thread on any other board I would assume it was a little bottle of diarrhea

great website we got here

amazon.com/Masontops-Pebbles-Pipes-Mason-Fermentation/dp/B01N5EP6MA/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_79_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R053W0RFHP9P7EB9RQRW

I know I'm gonna get shamed for asking this but if I hate the taste of cilantro what's the best green to add instead? Italian parsley? They sell papalo at the market in spring and early summer I think. Would that work? I've never tried it.Any suggestions?

Thanks! So is this mostly for stuff like pickling cabbage?

It's for pickling anything. Just choose whatever you want to pickle, select the right brine concentration, and go to town.

I also have that weird thing where cilantro tastes like soap to me. I don't bother substituting it tho, I just leave it out. Salsas turn out fine without it if the rest of your shit is on point.

I'm going to blow your mind, but watercress and lemon grass.

This would give your hot sauce an additional peppery brightness.