Dinner

What are you cooking tonight Veeky Forums?

For me, it's a quick and easy stew. The broth is a base of dashi, white miso, and mirin, and I threw in some shiitake mushrooms, potatoes, sliced onions, Japanese turnips, and tofu. Topped it off with two salmon heads and turnip greens.

This plus some spicy Japanese mustard for dipping is keeping me warm on a chilly winter night!

Oops, I posted the wrong picture!

>noxious foul smelling “diversity” food
>forded over 9 thousand time baka whiteo piggo
two wasn’t enough

Not sure what it is, vegetable soup/stew, but with a bit of chicken and egg. Fresh nasturtium pods, fresh carrots, fresh beets, dried red pear tomatoes, dried yellow pear tomatoes, dried tomatillos, fresh burdock root, gypsy bell peppers, Hungarian wax peppers, green onion top powder, dried Dickinson field pumpkin, and kombu. Everything except the kombu and egg noodles is homegrown/raised.

That sounds wonderful. I'd like to grow the majority of my own food sometime. It would be interesting to hear more about your life.

No pic, but some chicken gyro and tzatziki sauce.

see

>Bowl of fish heads
asian food is officially a meme

What do fish heads do for the stew? Do they just add flavor?

I like the cheeks, very tender. They were also just 90c per pound.

I only simmer them for five minutes so they probably add some but not much flavor to the broth.

What kind of fish are these heads from?

Meant to ask which kind of salmon they're from.

Salmon, all my local fishmonger had. It was my first time trying to cook with fish heads

looks good OP. Ever tried cooking octopus or squid or anything weird? What kind of fish you got there by the way?

Oh, I think Atlantic salmon.

Sounds pretty good. I've heard halibut cheeks are amazing if you can get your hands on them. I guess that depends on where you live though.

Yeah, hopefully they'll have them sometime. I have yet to try some other grocery stores in the area, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Not yet, but if I could find them on the cheap, I would! Seafood is pretty expensive.

Hamburger helper. who cares.

Why on earth would you not let the simmer for the whole cooking time? Fish-heads add so much flavour to soups and stews! Otherwise what on earth is the point??

Leave.

Many of the Japanese style recipes I found seemed to call for just a quick simmer, so I decided to go with that tonight, and to reserve two other fish heads for tomorrow's dinner. I was thinking of making a proper fish stock for a Spanish style stew.

Fish head is good rednecks eat them

sopa de peixe UMA DELICIA

Stuffed tilapia and cheesy rice and broccoli. No bread.

i dont know if rednecks "eat" fish heads, but i know they make great soup.

the fish heads i mean. not sure what redneck soup would taste like.

Looks fucking disgusting. Are you poor by chance?

Who?

Was wondering. Is beef goulash with potatoes still edible if it stayed in a pot out of fridge for three days?

out of the fridge, no.

My dinner tonight. Turned out pretty good.

Thats a pork chop btw

I make 120k/year.

steak fajitas with overcooked steak

looks great. i love breaded pork chops.

fuckin chili cheese dogs. only one question... why no chopped onion?