Hey guys I wrote a bunch of super short flash fiction (25 word 'novels') and I decided to share them with you. Enjoy!

Hey guys I wrote a bunch of super short flash fiction (25 word 'novels') and I decided to share them with you. Enjoy!

[1]
"Time Worth Living"

The life he led went nowhere and he didn't mind
So many hours
Days
Weeks
Dancing
Dreaming
In his selfish mind
Still, he was kind

[2]
"What A Time To Be Chosen"

It was a rainy day. The two souls shared each other even as the world ended around them. "At last! We can eat at Gregorio's."

[3]
"The Long Beginning"

The Creator began to think:
Is it REALLY worth all the trouble?
This moment lasted aeons.
I suppose only time will tell.
Raise the curtain!

[4]
"Can You Spare Me A Feeling?"

Have you ever felt _____? I have. I always have. It scares me.

Why?

Because no one knows what it is.

Oh. Well don't worry. You're _________.

[5]
"df/dx(Wnd + m)"

You were my only crush
Where afterwards I didn't feel so damn awkward;
Except for one other:
An effort weakened early by mismanaged time.

[6]
"How I learned to stop worrying and always move"

It was a long while
Before the moon crashed into my location
Longer, before I noticed
When it finally touched Earth
I was darn proud

[7]
"Remember?"

From kindergarten! The soccer team? Summer camp. Those apartments? Yeah same home room too... no it's fine. That's good.

...where did you say we were?

[8]
"TAKE 29 DAY 4"

'DIE'
'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'
Okay not bad
More bill less hillary
Got it
And... action
'DIE'
'booooooooooooooo fuck youuuuu'
'Hey that's not-'
Look out!
'Wait whAHHHHhhhhhhhh...'
Next!

[9]
"Officer to 284 Rearville for Foot Approach"

Oh GOOOOOOOoooddduhhhh...

Honey? Honey! Shit.

911 emergeancy

Something's wrong... my wife...

Your location?

284 Rearville Circle... she keeps on...

OH FUCK YES

...sir?

Ohhhhhhhhh... nevermind

Cool stuff! I liked 3 and 7 the best.

>284 Rearville Circle

I dun get it

>someone on Veeky Forums posts work of theirs that is actually somewhat cool and enjoyable

I had no idea she was such mommy material

I loved most of these, thank you

I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Unintentional, but I like where your mind's at

[Butt]ville [Hole]

Good stuff! Number 8 confused me though.

That one's supposed to be a "make your own meaning" type but it does look confusing if you don't have the picture in my head.

Maybe a better title would be "Actor Goes Far"

man i really like these, thanks

Not being facetious here, but is the message with all of these essentially "be yourself"? Great stuff by the way.

Good shit friendo post more

Good.

I quite like 5

I'd say that's the message for the first one. Don't overthink, they're pretty straightforward.

I'll probably end up putting these in a collecting. If Rupi can make money I probably can.

Easily the most personal one I wrote. If they ever read it themselves, at least one will know I'm talking about her.

Damn. Good fucking job. 5, 6 and 7 were the most enjoyable. I'd definitely read more!

>flashfiction
I want hipsters to leave

Thank you! 7 might be my favorite.

I wanted options for a paid competition that's in progress.

Let me guess, you're too good for money yeah?

(YOU)
>I can't write so here's a buzzword post

>The life he led went nowhere...
For such a short work you really alienate half your potential audience. –Conversely, this kind of behavior from a female would be sneered at by some.

>"At last! We can eat at Gregorio's."
Cute.

>Before the moon crashed...
Are you a Rupi Kaur fan or something?

>'DIE'
Funny.

I'd rather read Rupi Kaur than this crap, to be desu. However Veeky Forums, where one can easily find people who will shit on Shakespeare and Joyce, seems to enjoy your creations, so godspeed, user!

PaoloCoelho/10

All of these were minimally editted and in a way, improvised. When I showed #1 to the few friends I actually still talk to the girls all loved it, and the guys liked #3.

>Conversely, this kind of behavior from a female would be sneered at by some

In a way #1 is about male privalege

>before the moon
That one's about not noticing something that should be obvious, which is pretty good summary of my childhood.

Thanks, I enjoyed it except for the last two ones

I'm convinced that the only people that hate her have never once had reciprocated romantic attraction. She touches on very simple, but real feelings that only spergs, autists, and fedoras don't understand.

I think the dress adds some lift but I mean she is a true beauty.

They're so short and open to interpretation. I could see it about a well off westerner or a carefree "third-worlder". Like an astrological forecast, I see myself in it.

See? It's very feminine in its way. At least that's the impression I get from all the existentialism pouring out of Veeky Forums

M I L K Y
B O O B I E S

user want milkies

I still like her old nose.

>>"Can You Spare Me A Feeling?"

Hey, these were for that British competition, right?

I also wrote one but didn't submit as my dumbass forgot the deadline. Here it is:

[Mirrors]
"For a long time, my therapist had condemned the irony that plagued my writing style. Needless to say, I don’t write any longer. I think."

I know that these "irony" and "self-awareness" motifs are becoming trite and might come as smartass to the reader, yet I found it useful as an exercise.

Do you think flash fiction can be effective in improving one writing into longer pieces? Or should one go full for longer stories? How gimmicky is it actually? Can flash fiction transmit an actual story with all its nuances?

Good luck on the competition, user

Good catch, was wondering if anyonw would notice

Yeah yeah, that's a shame you forgot! That was a fun piece.

Honestly when I started writing these I thought of Hemingway and White (using the least amount of words to say the most you can) and I think it's helped me think about narrative and how quickly it can be developed. I used to write like every word would get me $1 but the more I stick around on earth the fewer words I wanna use, and this competition was just fun and unique.

I see what she's saying. I just feel she says it in the most unimaginative, unsatisfying, pretentious way possible.

>How gimmicky is it actually? Can flash fiction transmit an actual story with all its nuances?

Maybe this one will win you over. I wasn't gonna share it but you've kept the thread interesting.

WHY must you torture me with the jezerbells, they got such large tits. I'm trying to be absent and can't touch my cock anymore. Devil stuff, you know what I mean. Lets just keep talking about books and not posting human bodies. I don't want to get tempted into showering and making an okcupid profile.

>okcupid

try tinder, oldtimer

Same.

lost in translation was peak scarjo

She gets hotter in every Avengers movie she's in

comfy cute > hot

True. And this is why the nose job was an awful idea.

Ayy

Is LiT a Veeky Forums film?

yes.