ITT: Signs you're at a shit restaurant

ITT: Signs you're at a shit restaurant

That just means no union workers, not an indication of actual rats.

that's the rat from the show difficult people

If you are in a restaurant it is shitty food. No one goes their to eat good food but because they are lazy.

>It's Friday evening and there's only a few people eating there
>Staff is slow and unfocused
>After getting my sandwich, they forget to give me fries, then it turns out I have to wait for them to cook more
>Open containers of sauce are developing a skin on top
>One table is covered in trash despite there being several workers just standing and doing nothing
>Music is loud as fuck, can barely hear the person I'm with when we're talking during the meal

That was last Friday, I'm not going back to that place again. Most of the workers looked and acted like they were on benzos or opioids.

No chicken tendies on the menu.

Its a area where they got their own parking lot, or shares it with nearby stores, and there is actually a lot of parking space.
And there is barely any cars there, during whatever is the prime time.
So basically around 11, maybe 12, and some time in the afternoon.

Now, it doesn't have to be true, but the opposite is generally true: If a place has lots of visitors, its food/quality is generally good.

It doesn't just mean no union workers. It means the establishment in question pissed off the union to enough of a degree that they're protesting it. And while I support labor unions in theory my experience with unionized workers has really soured my on the idea. They tend to be arrogant, entitled, overpaid cunts who half-ass whatever they're paid to do. So while I think unions provide an important (even necessary) check on corporate behavior I really don't give a fuck about them in practice, and would happily patronize an establishment with a giant inflatable rat outside it and a bunch of jerks hanging around trying to intimidate the customers.

why are these always outside Chick Fil A?

A company that refuses to unionize in spite of employee interest?

I'm union and I work in a place that is primarily union, they have put this fucking rat up in front of our place because that one time we didn't use union labor for this tiny project. They can go fuck themselves.

I've been union for a year once because I had to for the job I took. I appreciated how the union took care of the old guys who had put in their time. But fuck was the union out of step with the times and my own interests. Glad not to be working that job anymore. Think I still owe a couple hundred dollars in work dues to a CA local, but fuck them. Protip: dues are voluntary. You don't HAVE to pay them.

Being a union member is a condition of my employment here and thus my union dues are mandatory.

Here's hoping your union is better than mine was.

"apple slices" is one of the sides

Unions are just political machines, stop feeding the REAL rats

Few years back, union protests were all over the place where I live. The plumbers' union were protesting a children's clinic for installing new toilets without using union workers. A new shopping development went up and builders were protesting the new Wendy's. Finally, a new coffee joint opened in the renovated first floor of an early 19th century office building near my old office. The tile-setters' union was protesting them, too. As I passed by and saw the protest, I told a union guy "Well, I didn't want coffee but now I do. Thanks for letting me know the place has finally opened!" and hobbled my way inside to buy an overpriced cup of a very bad brew. On the way out, I spoke again to the union guys: "Maybe you'd find more work if you spent less time protesting and more time looking, have you thought of that?"

I can talk shit to most people and few're gonna do anything about it cuz no one wants to be on the news and social media as the guy who assaulted the helpless cripple. Disabled privilege is real. (:

While I am glad you put those union workers in their place, I will absolutely look down on you and call you a cunt if you were being cuntish, disabled or not.

I appreciate it, seriously. Many disabled people are coddled to such a degree that they're even more spoiled than the worst high-WASP or JAP girl. I'm not that bad, but know I'd pussy out and wouldn't have the balls to speak out about most of the things I speak out about were I able-bodied for fear of getting beaten to a bloody pulp.

>Sit down
>Previous people forgot a scarf
>Waitress pulls the scarf,almost throws my grandma to the floor
>Didn't even appologize
>Food takes forever to arrive
>Brought me the wrong thing, grandma's fish was completely breading
>Finally brings me my chicken half an hour after grandma finished eating
>It's floating on some nasty sauce
>Take two bites and ask for the check, leave no tip what an awful experience

In NYC that kind of behavior would have earned you a beating.

>Someone outside handing out flyers
>Someone outside trying to get you to come in
>Menu translated into a multitude of foreign languages
>Menu displayed in multiple foreign languages
>Pictures of the food

My favourite restaurant has recently added pictures to their menu
>Mfw I wouldn't eat there now if it was my first time going

It hasn't yet, but I'll letcha know if that changes.

Many of my favorite restaurants don't even have English on the menu, or if they do it's in smaller print than the language of where the cuisine hails from.

Don't try that shit in South Brooklyn or SI.

My wifes store had this rat and some union guys outside for a week and they harassed her and the other low level employees because the company used non union labor to remodel the store
If you want to bitch to the company thats one thing but yelling at employees who had nothing to do with the decision is shitty

Unions really are just domestic terrorists. So fucking glad my state is right to work.

>So fucking glad my state is right to work.

I wouldn't go that far. I see how some of you in those states are treated. When you make the game 'everyone for themselves' things tend to slide to one extreme end or the other.

Fair point.

>More than two languages on the menu
>Menu displayed in more than two languages

By this I mean, the national language and the country the food is from. Anything more is too much.

When I went to Venice recently I saw a menu with English, Italian, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese

>Traditional Italian
>Mfw

Unions are like women’s lib. Once needed, now unnecessary but you can’t get rid of them

>When I went to Venice recently I saw a menu with English, Italian, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese
That's a clear sign you've mistakenly wandered into a tourist trap.

Close. I'd argue both are still necessary but neither have kept pace with the times, so they do poor jobs of serving the people whose interests they claim to represent.

>Signs you're at a shit restaurant
There's another restaurant with the same name and signage

*ITT: Signs you're at a shit restaurant but also signs flyovers won't understand

>I live near an ocean, I'm important!

Not important, just relevant.

>part of one of the largest unions on the east coast DC 37, all staff are union
>school opens up bidding for work contract
>non-union company wins bid
>inflatable rat put in protest

IF YOU WANTED THE JOB YOU SHOULD HAVE LOWERED YOUR BID MORONS

>This is the mentality of flyover hicks.

Fair enough, yeah

Don't worry I avoid shit holes

You can find some real gems near them in some places.

Pic related, is in Rome

All right to work means is that you aren't forced to join a union (aka unions can't monopolize labor) nor are you forced to pay union dues.

Relevant how? You live by a bunch of saltwater, big whoop.

t. roastie coastie

kek
My melanin-enriched friend, I've said more than that to working class Bensonhurst eye-ties with no reaction beyond a 'fuck you, buddy' here or there, spoken as rage seethed from the guy's eyesockets. No one wants to be the guy who assaulted a defenseless cripple.

>SI
Same shit.

What happens in our cites eventually makes its way to you, though it may take the greater part of a decade. Things rarely if ever go in the opposite direction, except for people moving from there to here.

I call bullshit; There's no more Italians in Bensonhurst.

SI you might get attacked by junkies from needle park but who am I kidding? They don't work so you'll never see them protesting a non-union jobsite lol

There are still a few, but it's fast becoming an extension of Bklyn's Chinatown.

It also means you have zero rights as an employee, and can be fired for any reason at your employers whim.

The prices are in USD.

The solution to that is to either:
1) Go to a better restaurant (as you've established)
2) Go on your dates on opioids or benzos
Did that second one last week, was great.

not sure why you think we live in some kind of dystopian future where that sort of thing happens. The bottom line is money and companies spend a lot to onboard and train new people, so they arent going to take on that expense unnecessarily
workers don't get fired on a whim if they are good workers

everyone should have a right to work and do any job without having to pay for the permission of a 3rd party

Then maybe you shouldn't act in a manner that makes you get fired?

>have to leave a fucking 10% tip

No thanks that'll be to go, I'm just sitting here because you're busy making my food.

>Giant unfocused menu
>Ketchup
>World famous/#1 ______/Authentic anywhere on signage
>"Family restaurant"
>Chef's name isn't on the menu
>Sysco truck parked outside

>Sysco truck parked outside
Lost it.

>t. roaste coastie

Good signs its a bad spot:
Guys at the bar asking the bartender for money
Waitresses clearly shit talking other employees right in front of you
You can hear the chef screaming
The restaurant is packed during slow hours and empty during rush hours
You cant split the bill
The food was bad

It's like this guy just read the Harry Black chapter of "Last Exit to Brooklyn".

>outdoor seating area

are you unironically female that's disgusting kys

Yeah tell that to the union workers that take wage concessions told by union it's the only way to keep your jobs, then to have the place close in six months anyway...

>job security ma ass

>men allowed inside wearing collarless shirts
>women allowed inside wearing pants
>the presence of a "house" wine
>the cuisine is heavily ethnocentric and yet the cooks are all uniformly guatemalan

>mom and pop Chinese restaurant
>woman up front taking orders barely speaks English
>man sits in the back kitchen on his computer looking at stocks all day while food I'd unorganized, unlabeled, and not properly stored
>couple scream at each other in Chinese
>bathroom looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months, also used as a storage space
>unkempt hungover looking white piggu employee passively doing dishes

That white piggu is me and our food is mediocre at best

I was you four years ago. get the fuck out of there as soon as you can and go work in an office.

Why would you pay at all? Maybe it's because I'm 6 feet tall, big, and loud, but I've walked out before. I made sure they knew I wasn't paying and why. No waitress or 22 year old twink manager is going to fight a guy 3 times her size.

It's not a bad job desu. I over exaggerated a little for the laffs bit the owners are real nice people and the work is pretty easy and I get to run deliveries and I get paid cash money. Been with them for 5 years always as a part time gig and it's not a bad source for extra dosh

Also free food

UK? I've never heard of a white boi working for chinese takeaway outside the UK

Nah I'm a burger

I ate there one day and the lady just offered me a job when I was finished with my meal. She has the English comprehension of a 9 year old so I help out with the language barrier with her and customers sometimes.

I'm pretty much their only employee, some Chinese students come to help out once in a while when I'm not there.

fucking this

what the point

people like sunshine, fresh air, and people-watching.

I can understand this kind cafe on plazas, but when it's near the road there is no fresh air, dust and smoke pollutes your food.

BONBON NO

I like how you got proved wrong and then you immediately changed the location

>It's in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin, and the owner is named Ashok

2 or less stars on Yelp. I usually let 3 stars slide because Yelp has plenty of drama queens who 1-star over the slightest folly.

Lighted signs
Condiments on the table...including salt
No tablecloth
Disposable napkins
Two-page(or more) menues
Negro diners

there's a stuffed alligator head on the wall and it is wearing oversized glasses and a cowboy hat...along with other assorted 'flair'

>chef screaming
Oh no...those are the best restaurants

>the menu isn't laminated
>no pictures
>it's in french

No one else is there, especially if you're there at peak hours.

It wasn't a date, it was just my dad and I eating dinner after work at a place we've never been to. I've been on a date on benzos and was retarded, she slowly cut off contact after realizing I had a drug problem.

no, it wouldn't. I do shit like that all the time.

I rarely leave the island unless I am travelling

Well, then you need to realize that no jobs in the US are protected anymore, and we're basically slave labor. WHO'S THE PROBLEM? Because it isn't 98% percent of this country, motherfucker.

Get competitive

Not him but in my state that does in fact happen, hell I've known people who have been fired officially because of "downsizing" but unofficially because they aren't Mormon. And before you say that's against federal law, this is Utah, Mormons control everything including the courts here.

Not him but that goes against everything our system was built on. Up until very recently it was that you worked for the company and were loyal to it, and they took care of you in turn. This was a process that worked very well, and globalization took it away.

>Pictures of the food
Why is this bad?

>get competitive
>when the people you're competing with is immigrants who work for wages so low that it's literally illegal for you to negotiate to be paid lower and realistically would be too little to survive on
Competition is one thing, but you're asking people to compete in a race to the bottom.

>Mexican place
>California Burrito is their biggest item

Kill illegals. Being competitive means you don't play by rhe rules.

No, right to work means you can quit at any time without notice or reason, and they can fire you at any time without notice or reason.
Guess who gets a better deal out of that?
Right to work was the official death of loyalty meaning jack shit in the US.

Globalization has been nothing but good for everyone involved. Stop belieiving in nationalist bullshit.

If wages and prices were allowed to freely adjust with no government mandated floors and/or ceilings that wouldn't be an issue.

>workers don't get fired on a whim if they are good workers
They do if that whim happens to be "Well we fucked up our projections so now we have to fire people instead of the CEOs (the people responsible for fucking up) taking a salary hit.

Shutup Union boss

>CEOs
Literally the most overused "evil" word these days. Corporate Executive Officers are just ONE COG of upper management. They aren't some mythical untouchable being. They get hired and fired just like anyone else.

>If wages and prices were allowed to freely adjust with no government mandated floors and/or ceilings that wouldn't be an issue.
That's irrelevant when bringing into the equation people that legally a company can't even hire.

It was originally done because corner cafes wouldn't have any seating space in the building, then it became a method to separate smokers from non-smokers, nowadays it's just there for decoration and they are now most commonly found in gentrified areas that are heavily laden with overpriced San Francisco-bred microchain restaurants.

You dirt people are determined for fuck each other over.

Be mad all you like.
But also realize I am right when you hear employers bitching about turnover when they pay shit wages and fire people to cover their dumb business decisions.
The context I used it in was obviously to imply that those who decide to do layoffs are often the ones who made stupid business decisions which necessitated them in the first place.