Out of curiosity, who were the biggest cucks in literary history? Post fictional/semifictional characters or authors...

Out of curiosity, who were the biggest cucks in literary history? Post fictional/semifictional characters or authors. Self-cucked (by choice or accident) persons are especially appreciated.

I'll start with two:

1. Anselmo from 'El Curioso Impertinente', Don Quixote (good example of self-infliction)

2. King Menelaus from the Iliad

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconophilia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using the word "cuck" unironically.

Menelaus had his wife stolen and also beat the shit out of Paris in a duel. How was he a cuck?

he was a cuck because another guy fucked his wife
next question

Leopold Bloom
Mister Karenina
whatshisface Bovary
Keith Richards

That doesn't make him a cuck, that makes Helen a stupid whore.

Shakespeare tbqh.

King Hamlet is cucked by his brother.
Othelo thinking he's getting cucked kills his wife.
Fairy king gets cucked by a peasant.
Leontes thinking he got cucked banishes his infant daughter.
Posthumous convicts Imogen...

And lastly, Shakespare cucks his wife out of the best bed in his will.

doesnt compare to achilles

>son of atreus takes his bitch
>goes and cries to his mom on his boat
>has mommy get his countrymen killed cause hes assraged

>this thread
Jesus Christ, I'm willing to bet good money that even /a/ doesn't have such an edgy-dumb-higschooler level of understanding of the subject of their board.

that's literally what cuck means
a cuck doesn't have to be a fetishist who's into it

>fagboi kidnaps your wife
>declare war on him immediately
>beat him in a duel, he survives only because of divine intervention
>the woman you stole is disgusted by you, taunts you that she should go back to her husband
>get fucking pissed, whatever, destroy his city and have everything he cares about killed or destroyed
>after all this shitstorm is over get immortalized by olympus

Are you sure you understand the meaning of 'cuck', meme or not?

Then how is he one of the 'biggest cucks in literary history'? I'm sure there at least a few characters under the having your wife kidnapped and you declaring war over it cuck bar.

HIS WIFE FUCKED ANOTHER GUY
HE'S A KEK
END OF STORY
ALL OF YOUR OTHER BULLSHIT DOESN'T NEGATE THAT

>KEK
Is this a filter? Testing three iterations: KEK, Cuck, cuck.

Are you dense?

If you're so obsessed over making a le ebin cuck list xD, and to you literally everyone who got cheated on is a cuck, Menelaus is very close to the bottom, if not all the way down there.

Again, he declared a war on the guy who did it, and annihilated everything he held dear.

How is this hard to understand at all?

confirmed for filter on all-caps

Yeah it's hard to understand how you think being cool can unmake reality. This is clearly a merely verbal dispute, I'm out.

also I'm not OP

>make a list of the biggest cucks in literary history

>dude who declared war on his wife's kidnapper, rekt him so bad he actually made his wife taunt him over his lack of manliness and that she should reverse kidnap herself back to her husband's arms
>random other literary character who brings his wife's boyfriend coffee and comments on how inferior from the sidelines as his wife is getting railed
>the former is a bigger cuck in your eyes

No one's saying he's not a cuck by your standards. The point is that if you make a cuck list, he's as far as it can get from the cuckest.

oh I feel ya
not my list though

The Spartans. They actively encouraged letting other guys impregnate your wife if he's more of a big bull than you.

It's not (well, not entirely) just for shits and giggles. Infidelity has been a subject and trope in writing since antiquity, and popular attitudes towards it are often reflected by contemporary writing, along with other social mores.

I merely wanted to open a discussion on notable examples of this phenomenon, and thus shifts in standards of fidelity and masculinity. The current discussion about whether Menelaus redeems his masculinity by razing Troy to the ground and reclaiming Helen is an example of that. Furthermore, Greek sources conflict on whether Helen came willingly or was 'raped'; these circumstances would be important to Ancient Greeks in deciding the degree of adultery, which was a serious crime.

Spartan society is just the worst damn thing to ever happen to humanity.

Joseph

To be fair, they gave us 'laconic wit' (aka. one-liners). And the Greeks, Socrates included, evidently thought otherwise.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconophilia

if plutarch's stories are truthful then spartan society isnt much different from modern society, majority helot slave class working for lazy chad elite which is obsessed with "equality" (among themselves), cucking and eugenics (among themselves). but the spartan elite was better because at least they had warrior spirit.

There is a thread on /a/ about guts being cucked at all times

My diary desu

this

Agreed. It's not like Menelaus lost his wife due to any real vice. Divine intervention and cunning/deceit enabled Paris to pluck Helen from his grasp. When he found out, he went to war, and nearly killed Paris for it until he himself was struck down. I don't think you could really call him a cuckold in anything but the strictly technical sense without losing its meaning, certainly not in the mental or personal sense.

I remember there was a greek play about Helen but I can't recall its name.