Let's start a new Veeky Forums chart thread

Let's start a new Veeky Forums chart thread.

Bonus point for: new topics and homemade charts.

I will start with the Post-Apocalyptic genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/tas.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you like Last Man and Post-Apocalyptic stories, read this:
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/tas.aspx

Thanks. I didn't know H. P. Lovecraft had done a collab. And it's pretty good too. Lovecraftian in its morale without resorting to non-euclidian monsters.

I like it.

I've wanted to do one for the High Rmance for a while, but I don't really have the software capable. If anyone wanted to put this up it would be real nice of them

History of the Kings of Britain->Arthurian Romances (Chretian De Troyes)--{arrow splits in two}
First arrow-->Le Morte D'Arthur->Idylls of the King
Second arrow-->Orlando Furioso->Faerie Queene

With a separate box with Don Quixote as the end-all.

Also if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to add them in.

> software capability

man, just use fucking MS paint...

If anyone has any more recommendations for surrealism I would love to hear some.

Thanks for this. I'd like to know as well.

where is Phillip K Dick?

in your Phillip K Anus

Bump for interest

Has anybody a good anti-marxist/post-modern chart? (plz no Peterson meme)

Would you say Orlando Innamorato should be read before Orlando Furioso?

np friendo

Here you go, bud.

He did a bunch of ghostwriting where he basically wrote/rewrote a story for others based on a rough idea/outline/draft. I think that was the source of most of his income. They're basically Lovecraft originals but never show up in collections because of their sketchy origins. They're specifically collected in The Horror in the Museum and Others, if you're interested.

i started this but im sick of working on it

>

cool, user, saved it

I don't want to go autistically /gd/ but what font(s) do you use?

this is nicely laid out

Does anyone have anything for mystery novels? I want something other than Victorian/early 20th century murder mystery.

Needs pic related

I'd like a chart of the best books for, the,last 20 years please

been looking for the Veeky Forums guide to /r9k/ chart

I'd say it's skip-able. I only say this because I've never found it translated decently in English

Oh thank you user! This looks really good with the Dore backdrop

What program is this, or is it just MS Paint? I'd be happy to continue working on this

even when Philip K Dick is writing about post apocalypse he's not really writing about post apocalypse

first time i've seen Moravagine mentioned on this board, kudos

wat about the troubadours

idk how you'd include a tradition in a chart but whatever

Hard to be God is not Post-Apocalyptic.

Haven't seen a good chart thread in a while. Someone please post the 13 or so philosophy charts.

I only check these threads to confirm that these are the same exact charts that have been reposted since I started browsing Veeky Forums 6 years ago. Nobody has made any new ones for more than half a decade.

Hey fuck you man, I made this new one less than a year ago, and it's been reposted endlessly since then.

> not post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic goes beyond muh ruins, mate.

bump for this

Reeee Divus Julius and Divus Augustus are both fairly well researched

the person who put hunger games there should be lynched

>Gibbon

No Riddley Walker?

What tools and techniques do people use to make charts? I've been meaning to make charts for a while but I would have no idea how to make something as simple and aesthetic as the best charts I see here.

I'm in the middle of drafting a big Retard's Guide to Sci-Fi.
Probably nothing will come of it since I don't have any knowledge of photoshop or anything to make a nice chart, right now its just a cluttered MSPaint abomination.
But basically, it "starts" at Frankenstein (I'll have some earlier works too) and divides into Science Fiction (or Speculative Fiction) and Science Fantasy.

I look forward to it. Make sure to post it in /sffg/.
>I don't know anything about Photoshop
Fucker, just throw some pictures, lines and text together on paint.

Yeah I'll probably clean it up in Paint and then post it, maybe someone will clean it up.
I'm having some trouble with the Science Fantasy half though, since I'm not particularly knowledgeable in the development of that side of the genre. I think right now I have Lovecraft, Burroughs and Herbert (Dune's split right down the middle of Speculative and Fantasy) and not much else. Will need to do some more research and reading to fill it in, especially when I get to contemporaries.

There should be a chart on making charts. Preferably as idiot proof as you can make it.

I made this redpilled book list but appearently it is not 'classic' enough

It's also tiny.

What's a recommended starting point with this collection?

It also repeats the same shit book twice. Why would you read MAGA Mindset after reading Gorilla Mindset, which already is a repetitive and superficial book?

The idea is that repetition is good for learning
I will improve it, I have ideas for other books, like Maps of Meaning, The Consuming Instinct and some others

How difficult is Rien Ne Nous Survivra? My French is about B2, possibly higher. What's it about?

Tiny as in the photo is fucking small.

Only when the material is dense as fuck and worthwhile to read. Maybe Houellebecq's books or The Bell Curve is a better approach. You can keep Ayn Rand if you want, since she's not nearly as bad as people make her out to be, but it'll impact the credibility of your chart unless every other choice is solid. I think Maps of Meaning isn't a bad choice but it's not "redpilling". Manufacturing Consent by Chomsky is unironically a far better choice because you'll learn how the media controls the population (about the best and only good book penned by Chomsky). Propaganda by Edward Bernays is a good idea too, maybe Death of the West by Pat Buchanan (for the lack of a better choice).

What do you think the redpill is? Redpilling is becoming hyperaware of corporate globalism as an ideology and how democracies are perverted into oligarchies in the modern day and age. Everything else, including the antisemitism, nationalism, racism, etc., is just extra flavoring that doesn't really change anything except make the concept less palatable to newcomers. It might be true, but it's unnecessary fluff that turns off people's brains. You should think over what you mean by redpilling and what your goals are for redpilling if you're serious with this chart.

Quick Veeky Forums give me everything you've got (starting with the Greeks) about forms and aesthetics!

Anyone got a chart of medieval books?

Bumping since I saw Pat Buchanan. Good work Veeky Forums

Is there a chart for what to read after the Romans?

That list (OP's not yours) is essentially the Alt-Lite's e-celeb publications. Ayn Rand, Hayek, and Sommers to a point are the only ones on there worth reading imo.

There are tons of better right wing charts like this one.

You need to add Earth Abides.

If you put Urmuz in there, why not add Kharms too?

Still waiting for tips for making nice charts.

Mazaurette is a post-modern feminist and this shows in the text. But overall it is pretty good and more easy to read than you may think at first.

Wittgenstein's Mistress bitch

can we get a philosophy guide?
greeks --> modern

Kafka, Breton, Schulz, Cortazar