Controversial Ruling Says Organic Crops Don’t Have to Grow in Soil

sierraclub.org/sierra/controversial-ruling-says-organic-crops-don-t-have-grow-soil

Article is too long to post here, but what do you guys think of organic food? almost everyone I know is into it, I think it's just marketing bullshit to be honest

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510898482233.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510898482233.webm

I don't understand why hydroponics wouldn't be able to meet the standards of the organic label, it's just growing plants in water. You don't even need special fertilizers afaik. But the real question here is why OP posted a serious topic on a blue board but used an image that will get deleted, and also happens to be far more interesting than the topic of discussion he chose.

This, in a nutshell.

>but used an image that will get deleted
Shes not nude you retard

With chemicals..?

Fucking grow a pepper organically and tell me it's not astounding, doubtful dude.

As a label it doesn't mean much anymore. If you're really into that kind of stuff, you need to get down to the point of knowing the farm. Hydro, aqua, whateverponic stuff can be neat and good and all, but too much under one label makes it not mean much. In that sense it is marketing bullshit, but there is more to it than that.

Typically hydroponics systems use chemical fertilizers, though not necessary. Using liquid organic fertilizers could be a nightmare though, easier to get infected, easy to clog shit up.

What about those hydroponics setups that use fish waste as fertilizer so you can farm fish while you grow crops?

>liquid organic fertilizers
>clog shit up
>was shit to begin with
>surprised when it clogs shit up

?

Yeah that's a way they'd do it. Would be interested to see how it would scale, possibly it would still require chemical additives. On small scale hydroponics its easy for roots to get infected.

why the FUCK is she wearing no pants?

cause she don't have a big hairy man ass, and even if she was bushy and had semi-thick peach fuzz you'd still faun over her? stop wasting pepes, fag.

looks like a hot day, it makes sense to wear less, she is indoors too

What if somebody sees her?? It would be embarrassing!

i'll take that and ask you kindly to go back to /b/

but /beeyourself/ is full of naked ladies

i've never understood /b/ truly until now.....
MODS

>With chemicals..?

pretty much the same chemicals that are in the ground, they wouldnt grow otherwise.

The concept behind organic is great. Only problem is that by not using pesticides or fertilizers, the crops don't grow well. Also, tiny little organic farm plots only survive if they're in the middle of a big region where everyone else hoses down their crops with pesticides, because if it weren't for that, the bugs would destroy everything completely. If the U.S. converted exclusively to organic methods, the population would starve to death. So would a lot of the world, because we export a shitload of crops to the ungrateful bastards in the rest of the world.

its 90% marketing bullshit

>everyone else hoses down their crops with pesticides, because if it weren't for that, the bugs would destroy everything completely

False. In fact the use of broad spectrum pesticides has increased the population of bad bugs due to elimination of predator bugs and it's why petrochemical farmers have to saturate at ever higher, increasingly dangerous levels and your friendly neighborhood poison manufacturer must create ever more dangerous, virulent pesticides. A sustainable agriculture using a well cared for soil, nurtures beneficial insects and employs tactics that target specific bad bugs instead of scorching the earth and poisoning the air and water. Yeah moving to organic would reduce your ability to have as much subsidized HFCS and factory farmed garbage meat so the for profit med/pharma industry and big agri would cry.

If the playing field were leveled and the whore congress started gibbing federal tax dollars to organic producers at the same level as chemical polluters which would encourage expansion, it would work.