C O F F E E

Old thread maxed

How does Veeky Forums like their coffee?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Hario-Buono-Pouring-Kettle-1-2L/dp/B000IGOXLS?th=1
amazon.com/Coffees-Ovalware-RJ3-Coffee-Kettle/dp/B015WJZEYK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?&imprToken=yeAnMN7zxdEggFz.I6ivug&slotNum=7&linkCode=sl1&tag=brownbeanzz-20&linkId=c02f6f93039735dec7b64c2f7f81105d
amazon.com/Fino-Coffee-Kettle-Stainless-Capacity/dp/B000EVPGTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493474856&sr=1-1&keywords=fino kettle
walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Pour-Over-Tea-Kettle-Stainless-Steel/55322857
youtube.com/watch?v=pPM8mcqHxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty much any way.
Can you really call yourself a coffee lover if you only like it two or three specific ways?

black and stronk

Why did my coffee decide to do this

Cream is in date, smells like cream

This seems to happen randomly. It's just folgers normie brew.

I'm actually super weak to caffeine, so i just sio tea throughout the day. But if i say fuck it ill get a frappe ;)

used to drink with milk, but for some reason it curdled over half of the time
so now i always drink it without milk

based

I used to be a french press coffee snob and then I actually tried decent instant coffee. Now I drink it exclusively unless I'm out at a coffee shop.
When did you anons realize that being a hipster was actually stopping you from achieving coffee enlightenment?

Black filter coffee, with or without cold milk.
None of that espresso or steamed milk bollocks.

>super weak to caffeine
pls dont breed

Acidity is usually the reason for it to curdle, so maybe your coffee is too acidic.

Cafe Bustelo is pretty good for instant coffee. I like it really strong with lots of milk, no sugar. I put like 3 or 4x the recommended amount and do half water and half milk or all milk.

Black.
>Inb4 babby palates saying I'm pretending to like it that way

Folgers med dark roast. I got a single cup coffee maker that can fill a 14 ounce thermos cup. First I cut a paper filter a bit to make it fit in the copper filter the thing comes with then I run 8 ounces of water through to get the paper detritus off.

Then one tablespoon of grounds and 14 ounces of filtered water. Drink it black.

Is this true?

Black with a LOT of sugar

abolutely

Is this true?

I cross index ABV and price, it's my only math skill but I've gotten good at it

no, you never get used to it

Fug...

Greek

With a big dump in the morning.

Fuckin hell, I need to use less grounds then. It curdled the fuck out of my cup, after sitting in my thermos for 2 hours it's like drinking hot pee.

Nescafe instant coffee, black.

Sure instant coffee is fine when you're a milky suggie baby because you're already destroying your coffee regardless.

But if you put a proper mug of black coffee against instant black coffee anyone would notice the tremendous difference and only a retard would pick instant. Then again,you have to be pretty retarded to put milk or sugar into your coffee in the first place.

I coarsely grind a few tablespoons of beans. Steep in cold water for 12 hours with a cinamon stick and a few cloves. Strain it into a mug and drink with a splash of milk or condensed milk if i got it.

Ill drink it hot if i have to.

Decaf.

cold brewed in a pitcher for less than five minutes

Just tried Aldi coffee and it was fucking horrible. What's a good cheap coffee to hold me over between jobs?

I prefer my coffee in someone elses cup.

sometimes my "girlfriend" cums in my cawfee without telling me and says its cream xD

id tell her to stop of I didn't love it so much ;3

assuming youre not do you drink it black?
if so, what instant coffee do you use?

>Steep in cold water for 12 hours with a cinamon stick and a few cloves.
Try doing that with cardamom if you haven't already

I'm not saying instant is better, but some of them are decent enough.
>Then again,you have to be pretty retarded to put milk or sugar into your coffee in the first place.
>yfw
I'll drink a black cup with breakfast sometimes, if I want it after a meal that's when I'll use milk, and if I want to treat it like a dessert then I'll add milk and sugar. If you think limiting yourself to the way you prepare food makes you better you're pretty delusional and insecure and you should try new things because it'll let you have more choices when you want something and it'll possibly make you a better person by not keeping your mind closed off from trying new things and I hope you enjoy whatever it is you do but you stop being so unhappy over thinks like someone putting milk in their coffee.

>I'm not saying instant is better
And I guess that's not entirely true either because there are some "proper" cups of coffee that I've had that are worse than the instant stuff I like

Oops, just scalded myself and stained my clothes, better take a picture so I can earn some dopamine hits when people reply to my social media post later on!

I mostly do espresso

I like my coffee blacker than your mom's boyfriend and hotter than a whorehouse on dollar day.

how many of you have had a frappe?

Having some black Hawaiian coconut flavored coffee with some cocoa powder mixed in. Normally I have this irish cream flavored one though, makes me all proud of muh British isles heritage

yo, are you going to share some of that fritter

bustelo is the only drinkable instant, yes

This, the milk and sugar stick to my teeth, dont like it

Depends on the coffee. You can make French Press coffee that tastes good black, but it's always going to be stronger than if you added sugar or milk. That requires you to get super anal about making the perfect press pot though, since even third wave cafes almost never make French Press coffee correctly.

Americano with a bit of cream in it.

From a coffee shop: Cappuccino
At home: AeroPress® with a small splash of 2% milk

ikea's coffee is honestly pretty good

haven't tried them all, but their lowest acidity / darkest roast batch is better than any cheap coffee i've tried by a wide margin

cafe misto

favorite home method: aeropress.

for work, I'll usually set a pot to drip brew in the AM so I can grab it and go instead of waiting for the aeropress.

at a fancy restaurant with dessert: cappuccino or espresso

Any boston fags here? Where do you get your beans from for espresso at home?

Does anyone know what size tri-wing screws are on the Bonavita variable temp kettle? Some roaches have made a home inside of there and I'd like to evict them, but I don't know what size screwdriver I need to get the thing open.

Another shot

How is the """organic""" and """fair trade""" roasted coffee cherry seeds sold by Aldi so affordable? What's the catch?

Fair trade is really shotty at actually ensuring proper treatment of workers

Yes adults are bitter

Restaurants often stock their most expensive wine just to make the next priciest look more reasonable by comparison. Human perception is always relative. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to have anything black in movies.

black, unsweetened, just above room temp

the catch is that you're already in their store and will probably do most of your shopping while you're there even though most of their prices on fresh produce and meat are pretty shitty or on part with everyone else's even though aldi shit is no-name branded shit.

I only buy ice cream and coffee from aldi.

This is my favorite coffee.

>produce
>brands
I bet you don't even eat produce. People never look at the brand on that stuff.

Your reading comprehension is terrible. Don't reply to me or my posts ever again.

can you call a steak lover if you don't like it well done or with ketchup?

anybody know of a decent k-cup coffee? I feel like shit for using them but it's handy at work when I don't brew any at home.

>just above room temp

same as my wife's lover-- strong and black

Im in a similar situation and was at Sam's Club and picked up a 100 pack of kcups for $33, I got the French roast but they have a few types. The french roast is dank though and I have yet to see anything cheaper than that

100 k-cups at 0.44oz each is approx. 2.75lbs of coffee which means you're paying $12/lb for the cheapest shittiest burnt garbage coffee available in the first world.
French roast was originally invented to salvage water damaged imported coffee that got soaked with ocean water during the months long boat voyages.

Typical cheap coffee is $6/lb and never goes past $10 unless you order microroaster stuff online.

decaf, cause i cant tolerate caffeine. Peet's dark roast, hot or cold, with half and half to make it a little less dark. thats it. never anything else. i used to work at peets when all they had was...coffee. and thats the way it should be. i outgrew sugar in my coffee at age 14, general foods international coffee.

Medium roast with heavy cream and sugar

Strong, long, black with honey

let me guess you drink it as hot as the sun like the rest of the plebs?

i'll stick to my method thx, at least i can taste mine

That's how I like it if I'm having a cup with breakfast. Can't really enjoy hot coffee when it's 90F outside.

flambéed rum with sugar and a twist of lemon, expresso machine coffee
not pure but absolute ambrosia

black, with icecream to ice it

Well, I'd rather have any type of steak than no steak, so yeah.

Attempted to make Vietnamese and Padang style coffee today. I'm not much for the sweet/dessert drinks, but I figured it was something to try. I prefer the taste of the Padang, but would like to continue practicing making these. I would have used my AeroPress, but I left it at my last place of residence.

>Fuck! My skinny jeans, converse and ironic sweater!
>Dangit!

I had that happen once because my mug was too wide for my pourover cone and it spilled, creating a huge mess.
I still don't know how you can manage to make your aeropress explode without doing it on purpose for likes and fake sympathy.

Those aren't skinny jeans and those aren't converse.

Alright, I'll finally get a proper gooseneck kettle, trying to choose between these three.

amazon.com/Hario-Buono-Pouring-Kettle-1-2L/dp/B000IGOXLS?th=1

amazon.com/Coffees-Ovalware-RJ3-Coffee-Kettle/dp/B015WJZEYK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?&imprToken=yeAnMN7zxdEggFz.I6ivug&slotNum=7&linkCode=sl1&tag=brownbeanzz-20&linkId=c02f6f93039735dec7b64c2f7f81105d

amazon.com/Fino-Coffee-Kettle-Stainless-Capacity/dp/B000EVPGTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493474856&sr=1-1&keywords=fino kettle

any input?

walmart sells one identical to the hario for $12.
It looks better in person
walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Pour-Over-Tea-Kettle-Stainless-Steel/55322857

>complaints of rusting and leaks

eehhh

does it have to be a gooseneck?
you can find much sturdier inexpensive kettles made of thick stainless metal if they're not marketed to coffee people.

I pretty much only do pourover these days, that's why I want a gooseneck.
If just wanted a regular one I'd ask my mom for one of hers.

I'm okay with the prices of the ones I listed, I was just looking for input from people who have used them. I'm leaning toward the RJ3.

he was probably doing the (((((upside-down method))))))

That's the only way you're gonna get it to explode on you. It's literally the only way I've ever done it, and it's popped out slightly a few times but never made a mess.

black as midnight on a moonless night

What is this called?

flambéed rum with sugar and a twist of lemon, expresso machine coffee

I’ve never tried your shit but have you tried this shit?
It’s pretty lit bruh

Instant coffee and I have a weird relationship. It's one of those food items that I know is garbage, yet I like it for that reason rather than in spite of it.

I like how shitty it is. Maybe it's because I grew up low income and have eaten low-tier shit a lot. Kind of like how Top Ramen, Kool-Aid, and Little Debbie cakes are all shit, yet I still find them a weird kind of satsifying.

Post shots

You ever sprinkle some on vanilla ice cream?

You're welcome.

Reminder that cold brew is a gross meme and the the correct way to make iced coffee is like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=pPM8mcqHxes

Friendly reminder that spending more than $50 on your coffee setup is autistic as fuck.

Just spend $150 on a grinder.

I was thinking about buying a french press on Amazon for around 10 bucks. Anybody here have opinions or experiences with french press?

more like $5
get a pitcher and cold brew. all you need

the metal filter doesn't filter out oil or very fine particles, so if you're not grinding medium coarse with a burr grinder, you will get fine silt at the bottom of your cup, making the last few sips undrinkable.

You're also supposed to wash it after every use, which I got too lazy for, pourovers are so much easier, you can just rinse them.