post your Veeky Forums studies

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/9197476
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice

I got none

you have too many game of thrones type books

how old are you?

holy fuck i've never seen somebody fall for so many Veeky Forums memes before in my life.

wow
just wow.

I'm a 22 year old graphic designer.

>infinite jest
>neutral milk hotel

how does it feel to go through life as a living meme?

I fucked a slag named Amy on a table that looks just like that...

Certainly heading in the right direction. This looks just about right from where youre coming from. Looks nice. Keep it up.

>t. oldfag

Holy meme

This is bait, right? Please tell me this is bait.

and you're writing your dissertation on Nietzsche?

So, did you send him your introduction and conclusion? and did it help tie the overall argument together?

I'm torn between a desire to post and laugh at OP and a worry that if I do post I will contribute to the thread bumping and staying here longer and increasing the chance that someone will prank or dox OP.

Normally I laugh at this stuff but to a fellow /Litizen? Then again, there was an awful lot of YA fiction on that shelf...

What's it like never having a single original thought?

Ever hear of a sage?

The only thing worse that the book "selection" is the os. Sort yourself out, OP.

Nietzsche was well known for his thoughts on Photoshop

The whole of Veeky Forums is a fucking meme

sage doesnt work on Veeky Forums

>Nottingham Trent
Absolutely pathetic, there is only one university in Nottingham worth going to

bump to see actual studies and computer/desk setups.

>buying a book on classical music

Master degree in philosophy

what is the point of this comment

That reminds me of my office in graduate school. Good times.

I finally found the guy behind the "too intelligent too lift" meme

wew

yes it does, you're just broken.

Why do you have records sitting on your books?

i spend most of my time drinking coffee in a sleeping bag

>sugar
>pasta sauce
what

what books are all those

I also sleep in a sleeping bag. I just drift from rented room to rented room, staying for a few months before moving on with two bags or so of possessions. My life is a mess.

I wish I had few possessions, but I can't bring myself to get rid of anything. It all seems essential.

how do you sleep with women if you only have a sleeping bag?

wait...could it be...no, nobody could be that pathetic...

So much this, it's embarrassing.

pleb tier even for a sheep shagger

warosu.org/lit/thread/9197476
it's bait

Looks like the original OP deleted the image when he realised his name was visible in it. I don't think this is him, this guy graduated the year before. May be some sort of personal army request.

>stacking your books vertically

I fucking hate you.

bump

Anatomy of melancholy, complete montaigne, finance/option volatility book, plutarch's lives vol 1., complete euripides in 2 vol, kjv bible, norton anthology of poetry, complete Shelley, two histories of France (seven ages of paris/la belle france)

you're an alcoholic

Sup

Two years ago

Too comfy to get up and take a decent photo, so here's a panorama.

hello, anĂ£o

#vapenation

How did you overcome the overwhelming shame of having such a pile of trash literature on your desk? Posting a picture of it on Veeky Forums must have been very difficult for you. Or perhaps you thought that "reading" Nietzsche absolves you of your sins.

is that lamp sitting in the pringles can?

Rate my 'home for the summer' thrift store and garage sale exclusive library.
in the back:
Solzhenitsyn TGA hardcover / Cancer ward
hobbit/lotr
Camus literary and critical essays / sysiphus
from emperor to citizen
totalitarian dictatorship and autocracy
nazi culture
john chilton Jazz

Can't even read the titles in his library.

country and what job?

there's a lamp in your pringles, bruh

>ready player one

Didn't think this was a shelf thread. And besides, I was in my comfy reading chair with the dog on my lap and (as I said) I didn't feel like getting up.
USA (Happy Birthday USA!), and work as a mid-to-high level (depending on the day I guess) bureaucrat for a large city.

I never understood why this was an insult

>two copies of a storm of swords

I would still love to see your shelves sometimes. Think you could post them later?

that classical music book in your pic got me interested. what do you think about it?

fuck off, sam hall

Honestly dude, goals.

Sure, I'll take pics and post them tomorrow afternoon.

hows the humidity
lol how do you know sam xD

spot the memes edition

>stoner
>apple products
Did I spot them all?

you have missed two memes

I give up. Is that a mighty wallet?

It is a mighty wallet but I wasn't counting that as a meme.
Book on the printer is Gravity's Rainbow and I've got an anime figure also on my desk.

I wasn't counting it as a meme either. Just a question. I've had pic related for over a decade now and really haven't seen anyone else with a mighty wallet. Do people ask about yours a lot as well?

I actually picked it up after seeing it in a bookshelf thread here, and having it recommended by the user who posted it. I'm just barely into it, but so far it's perfect for what I want. Chronological order, pretty short biographical blurbs, brief historical background of a few major works (e.g., the section on Handel described the setting and performance of his "water music") with a longer list of honorable mentions at the end of each composer's section.

It's basically a whole book of music recommendations. Definitely worth it if you're a classical music pleb like me who hasn't heard of many of these composers, let alone their relatively minor works. I've been listening to Handel daily for a few weeks, at least listening once to every recommended piece, and have been enjoying it a lot. Maybe this betrays how pleb I am, but I had never heard of Oratorios before and am really liking the Handel ones I've heard so far, which I likely would never have found without this book.

Sad!

Disappointed in lack of actual studies being posted.

what constitutes a real study?

OK, got around to shelf pictures. I have a mix of decent books and absolute trash, as you'll see.

1 - History and Bigraphy (and some misc stuff)

post faster.

2 - Fiction, Politics, Philosophy, etc/misc.

(Also, my illiteracy is showing, having misspelled 'biography' in my previous post)

3 - Other books I'm currently reading, plan to read, or have read but need to find shelf space for.

Probably have another 150-200 books in other rooms in the house too, which I'll get to.

4 - Moving on to living room. Generally older books (probably a third of these are Victorian children's literature, which my wife is into)

Next picture is going to be embarrassing. You'll see why soon.

5 - The shameful shelf of plastileather Barnes and Noble. I had a few of these, and then friends thought I was 'collecting them' and started bringing them as house gifts when they came to visit or stay, so it's grown into this gaudy shelf.

Can't really get rid of them, because guests would come back and go 'where did those B&N books go?' and then I'd need to tell them we got rid of their gifts.

It's unfortunate and tacky, but it is what it is. The ones that aren't in translation at least make for decent reading copies.

And that's it, absent a dozen or so books just sitting around elsewhere in the house, and a bunch of books in my wife's home office that are mostly trade books/not literature.

Pretty impressive modern history section; that's quite rare, as I think lit leans very heavy to fiction. Which of Churchill's works would you recommend starting with? I'm currently about halfway through Shirer's "third reich" and have had my eye on Churchill for the near future, but am not sure if it would be better to read his autobio, his wwii history, or maybe even something else.

I didn't really get Meditations in an Emergency. Most of the poems didn't even rhyme.

It depends on on what types of history you're looking to read about. I think his books "Malakand Field Force" and "The River War" are very approachable (Of those, I prefer "River War," but really all of his works are approachable; he was always writing for a wide middle-brow audience), though they might be of more limited historical interest. I think my favorite of his histories was the "History of the English Speaking Peoples."

He's a relatively engaging writer, although he is by no means an academic historian.

>shit's not organized, or even on makeshift shelves
lazy tier.

>pith helmet next to the classical war histories
good job user. i like your style.

you are making prison wine in a ziploc bag somewhere off camera.

>pellegrino by the case
i bet you don't own a computer

clean your rooms

that loveseat by the window looks comfy as fuuuuck. 10/10 would read there.

>Rate my 'home for the summer'
0/10. this is not a study. read your books.

i cast magic missile

>apple
i like your pencils.

a place of comfort, quiet, and privacy where one may leisurely consume a book (and

imagine a stuffy English accent narrating the words to you). your pic counts.

gorgeous, 1980s live on. refill the water pitcher in the fridge my man, and pour yourself a paper cup.

Pic related is mine. 5'x5' of cozy floor space. Cushion needs a re-fluff.

You're a good friend user.

To be quite honest, of the non-rhyming poetry books in that picture I prefer James Wright's. "Two Hangovers" is brilliant. Obvious, but brilliant. And a wonderful retort to the saccharine image to the left.

I do still enjoy O'Hara, though.

Thanks very much for the recommendations; will look into "history of the english speaking peoples."

>i bet you don't own a computer
The corner of my laptop is visible in the bottom of the photo

Read the beginning of The Girl I Left Behind by Shusaku Endo to get a good idea of my living area.

Happy to make the recommendations, user. Hope you find value in whatever you end up choosing to read.

FWIW, I also buy pellegrino by the case.

Where do you get them and how much are they?

Trader Joe's. $22.35 USD per case.

Hmm I wonder if the have the at costco. Thanks lad.