Eggs are great, but how do i cook perfect sunny side up eggs? i've tried using different oils, different kinds of eggs...

eggs are great, but how do i cook perfect sunny side up eggs? i've tried using different oils, different kinds of eggs, different pans, playing with temperatures. all i get is either an ultra runny mess or a burnt edge on the eggs. please help. Also, egg general.

put a little water in the pan
just enough to cover the bottom

For what you're describing the type of oil doesn't matter. Only the freshness of the egg and the temperature relate to texture.
>>ultra runny
hot hot enough, or you didn't leave them in the pan long enough
>>burnt edge
too hot, and/or too long in the pan.

Find your middle ground.

cover the pan

Low temp, about 250ish, lard is great for lube if you use steel.

Add a bit of water (1/2 Tblsp), then cover the pan. The tops will be steamed to perfection.

Havent tried that yet, thanks.
>inb4 this makes chlorine gas and i die

i cook till the egg white is properly cooked and theres no burnt edge. i keep my temps low (usually) and cook for longer to try and get the perfect egg. happened once, wasnt able to replicate this again.
i do/i dont same results, really

pork fat? have ton of the stuff, hate how it tastes though. is mission "duck fat sunny side up eggs" a go?

Does this really work?

You could use pork fat or duck fat, sure. That would change the flavor of course, but it wouldn't have any affect at all on the under/overcooking issue you mentioned.

I dunno about "covering the bottom" with water but you often see diner cooks put a splash of water in the pan & put the lid on after the bottom of the eggs has been cooked.

At a restaurant I worked at, we exclusively used lard on a separate griddle specifically for eggs. Always stayed clean and shiny. I don't think you can really taste a difference, it's pretty mild.

Put on a pot of water and bring it to a simmer.
cover the simmering water with a saucer and butter.
When the butter melts crack the egg on to the buttered saucer.
wait.
When the egg white sets slide the egg off a saucer onto a pan with more butter on it.
Coat the egg white with additional warm butter untill fully set, the yellow should be just warmed and runny.

Don't fuck with water, basted eggs are for fools who can't poach an egg.

Keep in mind that photo shoot eggs are trimmed...

They're really easy to make if you use a non-stick pan. Turn the pan on medium high, put a small amount of oil in, wait for it to heat up, crack the egg in, then cook the bottom to your desired temp (I like mine a little brown around the edges), then drop like two tablespoons of water into the pan and cover it with a lid, turning the temp down a little. Cook it until the white around the yolk is set as firm as you want.

You'll want to make sure to grab the egg in one smooth motion with the spatula, since excessive shaking can mess up the yolk.

Of course it does. It also works for melting cheese on burgers. The water vaporizes and creates hot steam. Give it a try.

Thank you all for the tips!

So, in order to get my so sought after eggs, i have to:
1)cook it on low heat
2)right at the end add a little water, cover the pan
3)preferably use lard as the lube

Is my summary correct? I'll try your tips tomorrow morning, thank you all so much. Have a nice evening!

That sounds about right op. I even cooked up and example.

Love the yellow on those yolks!
How did you get your yolks so yellow?

Not chlorine. Sulfur mustard.

Don't buy shitty eggs.

Yolk color is all about the diet of the chicken.

Do you honestly think those yolks are bright yellow with the white film over them, ya dope.

>white film
Do you mean egg white, sweetie?

>egg whites on the yolk.

bahahahahah

Perfect example on why you don't cover or add water.

Never listen to Veeky Forums read a cookbook.

i thought this was a joke until the last line, now i have no idea

Welcome to the world of 3 star Michelin French chefs.
Google Bernard Loiseau fried egg.

Those are over easy you twat

Not only are the photo shoot eggs trimmed, it looks like they've been finished with a blowtorch, so the white is probably a semi-liquid jelly under the surface.