Depressing that this board is dead as fuck. Can't discuss shit, no memes, no nothing. More dead than /x/...

Depressing that this board is dead as fuck. Can't discuss shit, no memes, no nothing. More dead than /x/. Is there anywhere to actually read/discuss books particularly more lowkey authors

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.net/~rteeter/greatbks.html#indexes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unironically Reddit

I have no idea. I'm kinda glad that this board is dead now in regards to literature. It was the last thing on the internet that really distracted me from productive things. Maybe you can try to find a respectable group on goodreads or something to discuss lesser known authors.

Goodreads. Other imageboards.

Start your own. Enforce your own harsh moderation banning shit posting and b8 of all kinds.

This board is basically entirely memes. A lot of /pol/ memes too for [[[some reason]]]

Well no funny memes at least, /tv/ is as useless as this board when it comes to actual discussion but at least it's funny sometimes. I could read a book a day if I knew the right books to read but don't know where to start. Also image in op is kind of bait

Shouldn't be too hard to know what to read if you actually do your own research. Coming to Veeky Forums to figure out what to read next is just about the most retarded thing you could do. Nobody here actually reads, and when they do it's the same 10 books as everyone else so they can meme about them.

>I could read a book a day if I knew the right books to read but don't know where to start.

What do you mean? What are you interested in? If you are interested in the canon, it isn't exactly hard to find resources for it

This for example

sonic.net/~rteeter/greatbks.html#indexes

I'm just a very picky reader, I really like some books Veeky Forums would probably slam and don't really like a most of the books posted here often.

I tend to get bored reading books about normal places/subjects because I hate my life and read books to escape. I really like stuff like Lovecraft, Crichton, some King, and a lot of other lesser known authors (shamefully Shan is a favorite from my younger years.)

Book of Lost Things is another favorite. I also liked Fountain Head though. Well this post is now a super messy ramble but whatever

why can't i have serious discussions on muh chinese cartoon board

Why don't you just browse reddit, then? They love that stuff, and trying to force yourself into a community that you obviously have different tastes from is just silly. We may call you a pleb, but just go read what you enjoy.

I've tried to make a few threads actually discussing literature but they get a handful of token replies and then get ignored

Wow, It's almost like book clubs were never about discussing books and more about socializing with people that also read books.

What

Veeky Forums is the book club.

>board is dead as fuck

Bro, the whole world is dead as fuck. It's enough for me that this board doesn't preach Twilight.

>Complaining about the shit instead of planting seeds of wisdom to bloom in this fresh manure

Never gonna make it like this

seriously what the fuck happened to Veeky Forums since ~2013

All chan culture died in 2013

Nothing, we literally had theses threads weeks after it was created.

Literally, unironically go to Reddit. Don't mean this as an offense.

>reading
does anybody do this anymore?

it is enough for me that this board retains its sense of elitism. I will sift through endless amounts of /pol/- and counter/pol/ shilling and religion threads etc etc as long as there are a handful of people who read real literature and philosophy instead of Harry Potter tier flavor of the popular cultural month babby books. As far as I know, this is the only "books" place where literary pedestrianism is not celebrating and actual literature has an iota of a chance being discussed and maybe I can get a good recommendation, and I will keep coming back because of that until the last literary soul is gone.

we have good Lovecraft/horror threads on the regular homie

*celebrated

We also had good Land/Nrx threads until Reddit and /leftypol/ teamed up to destroy them.

can someone post the version of this image with joke titles and author, ulysses being by The Riddler always cracks me up

I have been here for two years and the vast majority of post are the same garbage:

>circlejerk
>/pol/ shit
>pseudo memes

Only a few post are used to actually discuss books.

I don't want to stay a pleb forever. I'm sure there are good books out there that I would enjoy way more than the surface level tripe I read.

I'm not a pleb in some other art forms so it really bothers me that I can't seem to find ""good"" books that click with me.

Unironically which subreddits are good?

The deader the better in my opinion.

Keeps the shitposters out,
/out/'s been my castle for a while now. Not a frogposter in sight, and nobody is really a dick. Its super cozy.

When did all the /pol/ shit start? A few years ago, I don't remember much or any of it.

Theses threads or these threads?

/pol/

Fuck /pol/

basically

pollacks are way too stupid to understand Veeky Forums desu
even if they come, they are like an elephant in a ceramics store

so now we've got a board of all elephants

All the good posters went to Discord long ago.

Talking about memes and where to start... Well, do I have to say it?

Veeky Forums is not that futile like you said. I'm currently on a specific kind of literature that I've never felt the need to read, and actually I'm very interested and amused.

As far as Veeky Forums goes? None. Books aren't really big on Reddit either. The main books sub is basically just DAE READING? and DAE HARRY POTTER? It isn't even a good sub for entertainment reading, nevermind the pseudo-intellectual mix of historical literature and philosophy study that Veeky Forums follows near religiously.