Favorite Book Thread

Favorite Book Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3IUzOnHaTEE&t=8187s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is highschool going?

Are people older than 17 allowed?

I constantly change my favourite book as I continue reading.
My last three favourites were:
The Foundation part one
Stoner
V.

I actually find his writing to be incredibly charming, the stories are very well written and have a fun and oddly whimsical nature to them.

not op here

whats ironic is that i started relating to and understanding that book only when i left highschool,
didnt even like it back in high school

Nice user. Catcher is the ultimate pleb filter, anything to the contrary is class propaganda by the enemy
that's right I'm talking about you faggot

--------

Moving on, my favorite book of all time?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe this/ picrelated

Crossboarding brainlet here.

If could recommend similar ones (as in no frills and straight to the point writing style, historically minded without being arid, etc.) that would be sweet, it's literally the only novel that kept me hooked from the beginning to the end.

>If you could recommend similar ones*
I totally a word

try tun huang by yasushi inoue

That sounds pretty neat
Thank you famalam

Daily reminder that Catcher is a fantastic book and anyone who dismisses it as "edgy angsty teen shit" is objectively wrong

Kafka - Prozess

Wow spot the redditor was a little too easy in this thread.

CitR only gets better as i get older it seems

V was my first "hard book" and it's hard not being able to still consider it my favorite book. Foundation was my Junior high book it introduced me to gibbons long before i knew shit about rome

pic related for mine

>audio book narrated by Michael Rowley
>sounds like an old time transvestite
>my face when Holden being narrated as an old time transvestite

Listen to whoever narrates this one though: youtube.com/watch?v=3IUzOnHaTEE&t=8187s It changes the entire experience. There's even a comment that simply says, "this book sucks" and no one disagrees. It's the narration that makes it.

Just remember to let me put the "devil" back in "hell" every now and then.

Mmm. Good one.

Loved this one.

it is the quintessential teenage angst novel and it's considered a literary classic for a reason.

Reading this right now. SotT was sort of underwhelming as I assumed the stories were more self contained. CotC is shaping up to be pretty excellent though.

the great gatsby

There's a hell of a lot in the first book that only makes sense upon reading the rest of it. On my initial read through I preferred the later volumes, but after having read the whole thing multiple times it's the first book I like most.

BTW - keep one eye on the names of the characters. Are they named after Catholic saints, or are they Latin, or are they Greek. Because that classification has plenty of meaning to the story.

Underrated IMO

fav is pic

Anything by Hobbes really.

Story of the Stone

I feel you bro.

These two.

>Oathbringer won't be out till Nov.

the sun also rises

This book is EVERYTHING to me.

This or Labyrinths

Changed my life

Objective: Moby-Dick
Personal: Good Omens

Jesus there are so many fucking plebs in here

The Sound and the Fury

This, but I change my mind constantly. Others in the running: Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest, and Women and Men (not even memeing)

What did he mean by this?

Objective: what he tells Veeky Forums to look intelligent
Personal: favorite book he actually finished and understood

The Child Thief for me.

I haven't had many books resonant with me on such a strange level.

How many times have you read your favourite book?