What was the last book you gave up without finishing? Picrelated for me. It would not end

What was the last book you gave up without finishing? Picrelated for me. It would not end

This bucket of swill. Less than 50 pages in it becomes misunderstood sad sodomite nonsense.

It gets even worse.

Wind up bird Chronicle. I couldn't make myself care

I got that swill from the library confusing him for jonathan Lethem, I was pissed. The ending is bad and senseless, you did the right thing.

i thought it would be fun to read something obviously bad.

it wasn't.

Bump

The Recognitions by William Gaddis

I enjoyed what I read but that book takes a real commitment, it's like sifting through legal language, I'll probably read it some time in the future but right now I'm going to read some other books

My diary desu

how far did you get? For me about a hundred or a hundred-fifty pages in i got a little more used to gaddis and the way he would fly off into his religous/cultural tangents. It's also worth mentioning i read JR before Recog, which i would say is a slightly harder book but in a completely different direction too. Give it patience, read the notes on the online wiki, and trust that gaddis, rightfully so, is regarded as one of the best writers america's ever seen

Bear in mind that if someone has something important burning inside of them, something that needs to be said, they'll never risk having it obscured behind difficult language.

Him and writers like him just want respect from the establishment. They have nothing to say.

>reading difficult work is too much of a chore for me so I've found a way to ignore all that "difficult language" that I struggle with whilst still keeping my delicate ego intact over the situation

Nicely played, pseud. I'm hesitant to even ask about your stance toward philosophy; more of the same overcompensating idiocy, I'd imagine.

Obvious is obvious. That's why it stings. You're afraid I'm right.

>You're afraid I'm right.

If anything that nonsense sophomoric line that you chose to respond with and the total dodge of the philosophy question is confirming that I am.

You like to bullshit more than you care to develop as a reader.

Dune Messiah, iirc
God, did that book suck

I didn't have to elaborate on philosophy, you already stated what it is.

Develop as a reader..?.? As a signal receiver? I'm a sender, a giver, not a slave, not rolling my eyeballs across miles of text.

Rhetoric not philosophy. Cicero not Plato. Once you start getting laid, the steam will stop shooting up and spinning your fedora.

So much finely-crafted bullshit image in one post. Impressive. There really is dense layers of narcissism on display here: it's more curio than post.

You're a professional bullshit artist. A literal sophist trying to ply his wares -- I'm not buying, mate.

Please stop being such a faggot

Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs was complete shit. After the third or fourth detailed acount of child and goblin ass fucking I gave up. William S Burroughs was a pathetic little shit and a heroin addicted pretentious faggot that had a busy mind focused on rationalizing his addiction and sucking dick. If you like that book you are a fucking faggot too. I was excited to read it since Anthony Bourdain swore it was life changing and I have never been so let down by a book or anything else in life for that matter. Fuck Anthony Bourdain too.

Almost same, OP. It was Purity by the same author for me.

Franzen is a stool. He writes the Establishment memes he knows he'll be petted for. He'll be easily replaced by an artificial intelligence.

don't read the notes your first time through. trust yourself doofus.

Projection, much?

You can bring a horse to water...

Nice superiority complex senpai

I know I'll get roasted for this but I just couldn't finish it. I read maybe 2/3rds then skipped to the ending. It was just so flowery and verbose, page after page of describing mountains. It was a great plot but ruined for me by the writing style.

Made it halfway through The Silmarillion

2esoteric4me

Kierkegaard.
>Dude, you're either A but not B or B but not A, but either way you're totally in despair, trust me bro

Ghastly nonsense.

Veeky Forums disappointed me again by recommending this. It's a bunch of short essays on literary devices every experienced reader should be familiar with already. Lodge is a smart reader, but nothing really insightful or original is said through the first half so I decided not to spend more time on it.

anthony is a kike fag who unironically wants to kill all whites what did you expect