What has inspired your love for reading?

What has inspired your love for reading?

your mum

she does do the voices in winnie-ther-pooh very well

my winnie does really well in her pooh, m8

i dont really like people very much so i decided to do something constructive with my empty time

it's ther. that's very important

My history of sexual abuse. After being molested by my father I would hide in my closet, where he kept the books that he'd collected from before he became a depraved alcoholic. I would read great fiction and see the names of men who were then obscure to me, men who are mentioned today as being among the greatest thinkers. In those moments my father again became an unbroken and loving man, and when I read today I reflect on my him in this light.

>want to give a serious answer
>its all joke answers

nice board

haha faggot

jk my dad molested me too

Dad bringing home books when I was a kid and encouraging me to read throughout my teenage years

It's because I don't have a serious answer. I just like reading. Go back to /r/books if you can't handle a bit of banter.

you have to go back

Reas Crime and Punishment in high school and was blown away by it.

My mom reading to me I guess, idk

a girl i liked gave me a copy of steppenwolf

after reading Lolita 3 years ago I was hooked.

Lolita 3? I thought there was only one.

2 was best, 3 is just a shameless cash in

My brother made me read Cat's Cradle. I thought it was pretty good. I then read a few other books, and then I read Crime and Punishment. After that, I have wanted to read every classic I get my hands on.

Dopamine
Whenever I see new information my reward system does what it does and I seek new information
Today I can't bring myself to read though

paranoia and narcissism

Hobbes scaring the fuck out of me.

i always thought they were the only way to get real knowledge, but that wasn't enough reason for me to read, i started reading when i was completely out of friends and reading would make the loneliness less painful

dante.

Watching the TV series "Game of Thrones".

Being a lowlife junkie for years and needing a new hobby, something a little healthier to get addicted to. It's going well, I read more than anyone I know, now, and finally found my true passion. Still miss the needle sometimes, though.

me too, man. happy 4 you.

When I was in elementary school my mom would let me pick something I really wanted and then gave me a number of books I would need to read to get it. That's how I got my first Pokemon game for the gbc. Eventually I didn't need the goals because I fell in love with reading. Good times man.

Weed and Shrooms.

Reading

I think I first realized that I loved reading when, as an elementary school, I started staying up to 3 am to read animorphs. Those books were like crack for me.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, never finished the fifth book though and I find them really shit today. But when I was a teen, I read the first book in 2 days, it was really the beginning of my journey.

>implying I don't have to stave off my ADD and take hours convincing myself to read a couple chapters