ITT: Share your most pretentious literary opinions

ITT: Share your most pretentious literary opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G6uDfiVeJm4
plato.stanford.edu/entries/aesthetic-judgment/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Intra-vaginal orgasm is not scientific.
The interior of the vagina has much less terminal nerves compared to the clitoris and the breasts.

It's most likely a meme made by someone with higher than average penis trying to impress women.
When in fact, human height and penis size are proxies for confidence, which is attractive for females during the courtship, since they seek security.

None of my literary opinions are pretentious as I am not a pseud. Pretentious, judging by the -ous suffix, is the adjective form of pretension and I hold no pretensions in either it's definitions. Firstly my opinions aren't mere pretensions to fact: they are fact, and I can back up every word with an avalanche of arguments; a spontaneous oral essay that would make grad students blush. Secondly, my literary opinions are not pretensions in that they are meant to impress, though they inevitably do, they are merely the honest, crystalised thoughts of a piercing intelligence that surpasses almost all listener's comprehension. As you can see, pretentious would in no way apply to me, nor my literary opinions. Pretentious is actually just a word used by the envious to ensnare their betters; the sooner you free yourself from the word, the sooner you'll be able to truly appreciate and understand literature, like I do.

books are good

That tortoise gif made me very happy

They're not. They're just too truthful and nobody is willing to accept them.
In all honesty, the only people who should write should know at least calculus, Latin, Ancient Greek, and two Romance languages. If you want to "dedicate" your life to literature, you should read at least 2000 books before you're 30.

Great Gatsby is utter dime-store trash that only achieved cultural success after the Great Depression caused a huge upswing in the market for nostalgic Roaring Twenties works.
For God's sake the man couldn't even hack it in 1920's Hollywood, and its clear how much he wished he'd been torn up in WWI for that mad Lost Generation cred.

If you want to read the book Fitzgerald was trying to write, The Two Mrs Grenvilles by Dominick Dunne.

cute turtle

*listeners'
That would be the plural genitive, thickie.

>The next greatest author of modern times will be someone who reads literature infrequently and spent their childhood/young adulthood on post boards such as this one.
in close conjunction with the above;
>Very soon a new 'bible' will overtake the majority of the world which either preaches an inversive consciousness of the universe or a cosmic unity beyond what is preached in current religious texts which nullifies personal dogma.

>>Very soon a new 'bible' will overtake the majority of the world which either preaches an inversive consciousness of the universe or a cosmic unity beyond what is preached in current religious texts which nullifies personal dogma.

Why hasn't this happened before now? every current religion has multiple philosophers or theologians pushing a similar narrative, including about half of all Jesuits.

Because humanity is too interconnected for any arcane or erudite thought to build or spread before becoming widely reacted against.

>Why hasn't this happened before now?
Probably because it's objectively wrong. Despite what American SWPL brainlets think, religion isn't a smorgasbord of lifestyle choices. There are objectively correct and objectively incorrect religious views.

That doesn't make any sense, they've spread so ridiculously far and wide they are amount some of the most read religious literature in the world.

You've been reading to much science fiction and not enough sociology; the reserve of what your claim is actually happening, religion has been moving towards theologically conservativism and insularism for decades.

I really, really like that turtle .gif

>tortoise

Only the English language is retarded enough to have 2 different words for the same animal.
See also snake/serpent

Nigger.

reading books makes you smart

Popularity =/= true devotion. Do not forget that these new age preachers are working within a capitalist system. They are developing a marketable product, not an austere belief system.

A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has feet. What the fuck is wrong with you

>mfw the KJV calls snakes dragons

1984 is Orwell's worst book and everyone should read Keep the Aspidistra Flying instead

1984 just really isn't that good. I've not read much Orwell, but Animal Farm was much better. And even with 1984's political speculation being broadly on-point, aside from the Five Minutes Hate its not a very compelling Dystopia, especially compared to Brave New World.

Keep telling yourself that.

Strike that, reverse it

Enlighten us on these views

Not all, and not that user, but I can speak from experience there are small pockets of those who write genuine beliefs without selling the idea yet leaving the symbolism to be inferred and understood. The problem is opposite of what you said, in that if something isn't presented in a marketable fashion then it is more readily rejected by those who's minds developed in a capitalist society.

Well the problem then is evidently twofold - there is both no market supply and no market demand. In the age of nondenominational megachurches, genuine theology is a dead market.

Which then only proves the original thought, because all human behavior (across societal generations) is at first wiped out before time returns forgetfulness and the cycle is repeated. To bring about a new religion, as was stated, implies an apocalypse of some sort based on all the context.

I've never understood why penis size is important to males. If you get her to look at your cock, you'll gonna bang her anyway.

Because every average male knows there's a better man than them right around the corner.

1984 did incalculable damage to low level political discourse

>turtle
>tortoise
>the same animal
these are the communists I share a board with

Doesn't matter if our IQ is higher than it was in the 19th century because our language is sloppier and more convoluted and also manners maketh man, of which we have none.

Join me to create a new English-French hybrid language

Nietzsche and Stoicism (or Christianity) can go hand in hand, insofar as one can benefit from practicing both of what each has to say (especially but not limited to earlier Nietzsche).

Plato can't be any more underrated because one should infinitely re-read him.

While first journeying and reading serious literature, you'll go through phases. You'll struggle until you finally grasp what is being said. You'll make connections and you'll start seeing why people do this. You'll see people as beautiful and wonderful. And then, after too much, you'll grow a little cynical. People won't seem as beautiful as the characters in Shakespeare. But, after a healthy life balance, you'll come back up.

Theism is more logical (coming from a former militant cringe atheist in high school).

One shouldn't be left or right leaning in politics, and in our modern age, one should spend hardly any effort at all concerning politics.

My former opinion is the only thing Cicero got wrong.

The Mormons may have it right.

but user without manners it's just cultureless esperanto

first off all iq doens't get "higher" 100 is always the baseline, it judges by standard deviations not absolute score...moreover, languages tend to simplify over time not become more complex, which you can see in the gradual reformation of latin from something horribly asspained grammatically into modern romance languages

English already is an English-French hybrid tho

I highly doubt there's been periods before now where language(s) and manners/demeanor have devolved as much as they have in the last ~100 years. I think is completely in the right.

>thinking languages can devolve

where do all these linguisticslets come from...this board gets lower iq by the day

Oh sorry, my bad, should have said "simplify", like you did in your earlier post. Do you understand the meaning of my previous post now? Fucking mouth-breather.

Nothing worth reading from the Ancient Near East, except the Hebrew Scriptures. Nothing worth reading outside Ancient Greek philosophy, except Homer. Nothing worth reading between 1450-1901, except Baroque literature. Nothing worth reading in modernism or postmodernism, except Finnegans Wake.

why wouldn't you want it to be more simple tho? it's just as expressive. well, i suppose it could be bad for the philosophy industry who make a career of wrapping fuzzy ideas up in the purplest prose put to the page

Nigga you are a pretense

faggot

the man cave is the last refuge of the north american male's withered masculinity. i fat gringo suburban dads with soy bloated man tits who shell out 1000s of $ in sports merchandise and use roided up football blacks as proxies for their lost sense of masculinity must be the most pitiful creatures on earth

Devoltion means nothing linguistically, get your head out of your ass

I've been looking at this gif all day trying different music styles to go with it.
Eurobeat works fairly well.
youtube.com/watch?v=G6uDfiVeJm4

Free verse isn't poetry. It's not a "different kind of poetry," it's just not poetry in any way. Maya Angelou, Walt Whitman, and all other free verse writers need to be tossed out of the poetry canon. They can all go fester in some word-art ghetto that isn't related to poetry.

t. guy with small dick trying to feel better about himself

I gave my ex orgasms every night with just penetration. It's definitely not a meme, and if you think so you're retarded and outed for having no experience or skill.

>he argues semantics instead of something even resembling an argument
Upvoted.

have you ever seen the inside of a turtle's mouth?

In my language all of that is considered a shieldtoad

I agree only in that while I like Whitman's poetry, modernist poets like him opened the door for today's crappy poets like Rupi Kaur.

Schildkröte?
German is a linguistic treasure. No joke.

Fun things are, in fact, fun.

note that fun is not a property but a value judgment

I didn't, the research concluded this.
that's why she's your ex right now.
you gave her too many ""orgasms""

Correct. It's hard to imagine sometimes that many words are composita in my language.

Other examples:
>Raccoon - Washbear
>Skunk - Stinkbeast
>Porcupine - Spikepig

Oh and an armadillo is a beltbeast

There's never been a woman or minority worth reading.

Noted, but I'm still right.

note that you're wrong

>GERMAN DETECTED

"no"

note that you're still wrong
plato.stanford.edu/entries/aesthetic-judgment/

>Kant
Dropped like a burning turd wrapped in razor wire.

kant did nothing wrong

German literature should be used as washrag, it's far better than reading the stuff.

Enjoy your Anglo trash.

I'm Danish myself and our language has much of the same structure.
I still really enjoy the way German will mash several words together into one long one.
Joyce took that liberty with English and I enjoyed that as well.

Almost forgot; your examples are all the same in Danish
Vaskebjorn
Stinkdyr
Pinsvin
Bæltedyr

I've got to agree. Even Goethe did nothing for me

Neat, I mean it makes sense for Germanic languages (that aren't French pidgin, ergo English) to develop vocabulary along parallel roads through cross-influence.

Not what purple prose means

>The next greatest author of modern times will be someone who reads literature infrequently and spent their childhood/young adulthood on post boards such as this one.
Yup, and that's me.

I don't actually have opinions on anything I read

This is 100% correct. All kinds of "sex scientists" have tried to find out whether a vaginal orgasm can happen and there hasn't been a shred of evidence for it.

Someone please tell me that this is a copypasta

me too thanks.

>plural genitive
or all to any?

It's not relevantly answering my question. If you can't get to look at your penis, you won't bang her no matter how long it is. And if you get her to look at it you'll bang her anyway.

If the girl is small, even a below avarage will make her hurt. And smaller girls are easier to find. And I don't care if a girl is smaller.

Penis size is not relevant to muscles size and body size. So you'll be able to protect her even if you penis is small.

But I don't care if a girl has small ass or small tits, as long as her face is pretty. So, obviously there are girls too who care only about the face of males. Maybe I have some mental disorder according to this, but still, thanks to it, penis size doesn't make me more or less confident.

It's like someone said: A proxy for confidence.
Confident males tend to take higher risks and consequently, reap higher rewards.

If someone has something to brag about, it'll boost his ego, meaning higher levels of self-trust.
That's common sense.
You'll find people that are in some ways, better or worse than you.
And to be honest, to get out of the mediocrity is quite easy. You'd be surprise what an average male looks/behaves and believes.
It's hilarious how easy it is to surpass them.

But still this doesn't answer my question. Why would you brag about your cock. The only thing you should brag about is being extrovert, because extrovert character is hereditary. If you are extrovert enough you'll be confident and brag about your dick size even if it's small. I bet that the biggest dick guy in some town can die a virgin because he's too shy to approach a woman.