Psychology

I'm trying to get inti psychology but i'm just a headless chicken so help me out.HOW DO I GET INTO PSYCHOLOGY
*I trust you fags

Just read the canon and philosophy instead

Don't do it

textbook

why not

This
Psychology is a bunch of "you did this because for some reason you want to fuck your mother" stuff. Study philosophy, and various religious texts, you'll get more out of them than a bunch of quacks.

>Psychology is a bunch of "you did this because for some reason you want to fuck your mother" stuff.
>Implying the whole psychology fits this psychoanalysis

I have studied it. it's pretty boring and frustrating, also, meme science.

Wrong, user. I said a bunch of, not all of it is pretentious psychobabble that's driven by theories crafted by lunatics.

Freud was right about everything

He wasn't.
Sure it's not like the "ROFL U WANT TO FUCK MOM" meme, but he got wrong some things and the followers added/corrected things to his theories.

This.
I read that Freud on Da Vinci essay and it clicked that Freud is great

yea i think you're right thank you user

I actually get paid to take part in psychological studies and I'm telling you that every single one of them is bullshit. The surveys they have me do are some of the most poorly written, poorly designed shit so that when you're taking it you know exactly what the researcher is looking for. There's no real quality control aside from some easily identifiable "attention checks" so there's nothing stopping me from answering randomly which I do all the time because the researchers don't actually poor read the individual responses, they just look at the aggregates. If you really want to see how bad the "science" of psychology is look up how they administer the implicit bias test and then recognize that they're trying to influence lawmakers to base policy off of it.

what's the quick rundown on it?

I'm not going to do your homework for you, brainlet.

It's good, and not that long If I remember correctly.
It's a great read.

Maybe you should stop wandering around your old highschool then and they wouldn't have to make up surveys for you to do to keep you from hitting on the 10th graders.

Fuck off, I have trips, faggot.

I'm too tired to read anything right now, I'll read it at some point, just wanted the gist of it.

Is that what they normally do to people who around high schools, they make surveys for them?

He analyses Da Vinci's life and attempts to pinpoint his creative genius, mother issues, etc.

Basically, Da Vinci is well known for having had a dream when he was a child about a bird brushing it's tail across his face. He wrote about it, etc, and Freud suggests that it's stems from his relationship with his mother (he was an unwatned bastard child, etc) and people have actually found shapes of this event happening in his images... almost like his subconscious leaked onto the page

Da Vinci was obsessed with birds, see Codex On The Flight Of Birds, his attempt to sketch/make a flying machine, etc

I used to get asked to do someones shitty high school survey for a class project like once a day towards the end of the semester.

My gist doesn't do it justice but I read the whole thing in one sitting anyway, it was fascinating

Sounds very interesting. Where did you read it? I see there's something on Gutenberg, I assume that's it?

Good for you but I'm talking about academic surveys of the sort that end up being published in journals. Though I can't imagine there's much of a difference between your high school stuff and the university stuff that pays.

>Psychology is a bunch of "you did this because for some reason you want to fuck your mother" stuff
Is this true for women as well as men? I've always wondered.

Think I may have read it on Gutenberg

Obviously.
>What are daddy issues
It's probably more so for women