Can one season an animal before slaughtering it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agneau_de_pré-salé
google.ca/amp/www.themeateater.com/2012/varied-black-bear-meat/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know how grass fed food tastes better than food that has been fed shit?

That is predeath seasoning.

fear + pain make animal taste good

So hypothetically speaking, if I was a cannibal, a Vegan person would probably taste better, right?

Most likely, just as herbivorous fish tend to taste better than predatory/piscivorous or detrivorous fish.
It's common in some places (Spain, mostly) to feet pigs nothing but acorns and grapes for some time prior to their slaughter. supposedly you can really taste it.

Its well known fact that animals that consume meat taste worse. However a vegan that eats vegan junk food will still probably taste like shit. Just make sure to target some that eats healthy food.

Do humans have fat marbling in their muscle?

there are legit cannibals who can attest to this. they say vegans>japs>western diet

The food an animal eats does affect it's flavor. That's why you see "grass fed beef" and why some animals that eat garbage have such a "gamey" flavor.

But feeding spicy food to a live animal will not impart that flavor. The oils from any kind of seasoning would be digested away long before it's slaughtered.

I don't think we have much, no. Our flesh is more similar to pork due to a mix of fast and slow twitch muscle fibers, and other physical similarities. Just going off that, and gore I've seen, I don't think so. you might be able to get some on a real fatso, but then you'd have to carve off the extra and the effort might not be worth it.

Just leave the fat on while you roast him like you would a ham.

I read that book
Apparently after a battle between Japanese and American troops on some island, the locals carried off some dead soldiers to eat.
They loved the way the Japanese tasted saying the only thing better was their own women.
On the other hand they hated the way Americans tasted and said that even scavengers would avoid American dead.

Herbivores tasting better is a myth. People who tried lion meat said it was amazing. It's just extremely expensive and not practical to breed predators for meat.

Thank's, Veeky Forums

makes me wonder how other people would taste. koreans with all their hearty pepper soups and mostly vegetarian diet (kbbq is a meme), indians with their spice bombs (after thoroughly washing them ofc)

As someone who has eaten bear, a bear who has fed mostly on berries and greens tastes waaaaaay better than one that has been on meat recently.

Thanks for the tip jumanji.

says you, I'm marbled like the finest Kobe beef, thanks to butter injections in my limbs (butter tastes bad to me so this is how I get it into my system)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agneau_de_pré-salé

Near mont st michel in France the tide rises to cover the pastures where the sheep graze on the salty grass.

No.
Stop being stupid.
And everybody in the this thread saying stupid shit like ominvorous animals tasting better if they have recently eaten primarily plants instead of meat or vice versa are also retarded.
Nutrition absorbed from food does not effect the taste of the meat of an animal for several reasons.
Chiefly among them is that the meat or muscle of animals does not biologically change in an omnivorous animal depending on the balance of foods they consume.
Digestion breaks down food into nutrients that do not retain the flavor of the food they are digested from. The body then uses these nutrients to produce the various tissue cells which make up the body of any given animal.

Foie gras?

Kobe Lobster is a lobster fed with Kobe Beef

kobe cows are marinated when they are alive daily.
those fucking cows live the comfiest short life possible.
they get massaged every single day.

yep

>Not preferring corn feed beef

no no no no no no no, you need the animal to consume it's natural diet, in this case there is a slightly better taste in grassfed hervivores, a vegan diet would be suboptimal for an omnivore and the lack of nutriens would create negative changes on the muscle and organs, but I assume it would have a lighter smell that could be considered a positive for some so there is that

>he fell for the grass fed meme

>You know how grass fed food tastes better than food that has been fed shit?
Grass fed is gamy disgusting shit. If I wanted gamey meat I'd eat venison everyday.

grass fed corn finished masterrace

Farmers here only do that to inflate their market weights to get more money. I can't see how it would affect flavor.

Bullshit, the venison I eat tastes better if I get a good shot that kills fast as opposed to one I have to track down a few hundred yards, and bucks during the rut taste a little off.

ever eaten a cornish hen? they are the superior poultry taste-wise.

Did you mean to quote me? Yes, I've had them. Duck is better. Pic related is my dinner from two nights ago.

poor turtle :(

Seriously. What the fuck is that guys problem?

NO MORE CLOWN

I think this makes sense. I mean like when babies eat carrots all the time they turn orange. i think if you fed X animal something it would probably take that on

lil chomper

That's just beta carotene, not carrot flavor. They don't smell like carrots too.

This is the voice in your head while you play Big Buck Hunter at the bar throughout the one night you drag yourself out of the house in an "attempt to be social'

is that animal abuse?

>fast and slow twitch muscle fibers
opinion discarded

sort of, certain diets over the lifetime of the animal can yield different tastes. hence why people prefer grass fed beef to corn fed

Nah, he's right which you'd know if you had ever hunted.

>hence why people prefer grass fed beef to corn fed
Nobody really does. Grass fed is fucking nasty gamey shit.

new guinea cannibals seem to prefer japanese people to americans. they say americans are too salty,
so maybe rice and fish would be a good pre slaughter feed

You ca literally feed pigs hops and get a diffferent flavor than corn, fuck off. Anyone in this thread not thinking with a basic level of instinct is a dipshit.

You have no experience with livestock, or hunting, or feeding out animals at all, obviously.

>eating big cats
The only people who would enjoy that are pervs who enjoy the taste of ammonia.

I'll give you a (you) for effort.

Chinese.

whats the story behind that pic, is it an edit?

>live in Alberta, home of Alberta AAA beef
>all my life I've eaten world class beef, even the ground beef is from here
>visit US once and order a burger
>think the meats turned or something
>ask for a new one, same thing
>Luckily waiter realized I'm not from around there asks where I'm from
>He laughs and tells me all beef in the US is going to taste like shit to me

Corn fed American beef is disgusting. It's somehow sweet, yet also has a grainy texture. It's awful. Alberta beef is grain fed. Stop believing your corn lobbyists' lies

>corn isn't a grain

>It's somehow sweet
He doesn't like meat sweet, he prefers turned "gamey" meat.
>Thinks sweet meat is turned.
hahahahah OH CANADA!!!

Probably the prop from the Thanksgiving fake movie trailer

It tasted like it had been ground with sugar. I much prefer to taste meat instead of it being overpowered by the disgusting sweetness of corn.

I mean you are American. I'm sure you'd prefer if the beef had been brushed with high fructose corn syrup, but some of us don't need everything to have the same sugar content as a chocolate bar to be enjoyable

>missed the point
Why would you think sweet meat had "turned" when things "turn" they become bitter/sour.

Or has evolution not made it to Americas Hat?

>Pigeons that fly around in the city eating trash all day will have the same flavor as pigeons raised for human consumption

One is a nuisance that is basically a flying rat and one is a kind of pricey delicacy for a reason. Otherwise homeless people would be eating like kings

Die rig pig

reptiles don't have taste receptors for capsaicin, though the turtle is feeling threatened hence why it bites and runs

Canada really needs to split in 2.

>just as herbivorous fish tend to taste better than predatory/piscivorous

This is how I know you're full of shit. All of the plant and algae eating fish that live around here are garbage fish, then the fish that eat crustaceans and invertebrates, and the fish that eat other fish are top tier.

One of the stupidest things I've ever heard, I guess that's why people that have a choice power down tilapia and carp instead of tuna and halibut.

T. Chinaman

You're right about the sugar. FDA allows sugar to be used on anything

>they say americans are too salty
They said Americans are too oily, the meat has a weird smell, meat is tough and stringy plus has a disgusting taste.

So good news Americans
All that shitty food you eat keeps the cannibals away.

T. Gook

>americans are too salty
They really are.

If you have ever tasted pork from a farm near a fishery/processing plant you will know this is true.

Feeding the pigs with fishguts is a cheap way to make em bulk up, if you balande it with other stuff. but you have to finish on normal feed or it will taste weird as fuck.

i live in a small town by the coast with lots of farmland around, we regularly get hipsters moving out here to start eco farms and shit and they allways make this mistake, they feed the pigs tons of fishguts and it ruins the meat, they cant make a profit and end up selling their farm to the next hipster idiot looking to escape the city.

Doctor here who also has a phd in sacropenia. Short answer is yes

Yes.

Other posters have already delved into the why, so instead I'll just post a personal antidote.
>grew up on a farm
>neighboring farm grows peaches and other fruits
>neighbors raise a few hogs that they butcher for their family and to give as gifts to friends
>they feed the pigs all the bad peaches that aren't sellable
>best fucking ham I've ever had.

Reminds me that skittles are used as a cheap cattle feed

What a coincidence.
From what I've heard the Japaneses preferred eating Papua New Guineans to white Australians.

no because humans arent meant to be vegan so all the stress on the body would make it taste like trash

All I know is that herbivorous waterfowl are tastier than omnivorous

Ask your partner to eat pineapple for a few days and get back to us.

google.ca/amp/www.themeateater.com/2012/varied-black-bear-meat/amp/

>Their flesh, and particularly their body fat, seems to reflect their diet in an almost literal way.

>Alberta beef is grain fed. Stop believing your corn lobbyists' lies
grain fed is corn fed you brain dead gas huffer

Corn fed beef tastes better and has a better texture though.

yes.

best example i know is the snail farm in the french village my father lives in. his neighbour sells the snails to the farm (no idea where he finds them but he brings an absolute fuck load every week) where they are 'farmed' in separated rooms.

the snails in each room are only fed one type of food. most escargots you'll eat in France are fed carrots unless stated otherwise. The farm has rooms for grape-fed, onion-fed, and corn-fed snails as well as a few others (if you want a god-tier escargot, find one that's been fed shallots or capers).

I was told that meat-fed snails do exist but often aren't served because of parasite issues.