Please explain something, Veeky Forums

Stephen King is famously hated on by Veeky Forumsizens.

The reasons are justifiable. Basically, his writing sucks.

He's considered a talent-less hack on here.

That said, no one on Veeky Forums has ever produced any proof of published material, and therefore protected themselves nicely from being vulnerable.

Your diary desu, and critique threads don't matter as they're excerpts from personal writing. Even if a piece of published material is posted, it's not enough to be examined and critiqued properly. And I'm saying all this thinking that someone here is a published author/poet.

What is clear, though, is that Veeky Forums is full of aspiring writers.

Yet there's nothing from anyone to show, nothing published and better than the uber-trashy Mr. King.

When will this hypocrisy end?

>King's a joke!
>I'm a writer!
>*writes*
>Writing makes King seem like Cervantes

This is a board on Veeky Forums, what would we possibly gain by providing evidence?

It also seems you don't understand that not everyone shares the same opinions, despite sharing the 'Anonymous, label, and that people are allowed to be critical without having produced anything themselves. 'Critic' is a vocation in itself.
You don't appear to be terribly bright.

Bullshit, Stephen King is hated by tourists from /tv/. Anyone who matters realizes that Dark Tower is a very important series.

Writing tards on four chin don't make King any less bearable

*unbearable, typo

Didn't Veeky Forums write a novel 1 word at a time, then got it on Amazon?

>strawmaning this hard

Go to bed, Stephen.

More like a Freudian slip, bitch.

>unironically defending mediocrity
Nobody would bash King if he weren't overrated.

Bullshit asshole. King might not be Dostoevsky, but he's certainly fucking close.

King is not close to Dostoevsky, but if there are any great horror novels, he's written one of them - Pet Semetary.

>King is not close to Dostoevsky
There are few authors who understand the intricacies of the human condition like King and Dostoevsky do. Take a good look at any of King's dialogue and it will reveal to you what a master he truly is.
>Pet Semetary
Kek, that's like saying Demons or The Gambler is Dostoevsky's best work. It, or the Mist could be considered King's best work.

>You have to be something in order to criticize it
kill yourself

>Sucky writers criticizing another but fail to produce anything better
>Butthurt fags strawman and use green text to hide it
>Say kys to accentuate the strawman
>Ironically they're the ones who need to kill themselves, but don't know it

How is King overrated though?
The people who know good writing rate him just fine.

The post-modernists hate him because of his profound underlying themes on society. He see's the world for what it truly is.

Sure is samefag in here about right now

You, the OP are the one strawmanning here. Troll threads work better if you don't act so angry about the responses, you have to lead people on first.

I don't really get the hate. He's written some great stuff and some that is shit.

I can agree on the Dark Tower series bjt everything else I've read from King I've dropped after several dozen pages because it was disgusting.

haha this is like when you tell a fanboy their favorite writer/artist/filmmaker/etc isn't that good and they go on this pathetic defensive and start insulting you instead of defending their favorite

It's the same with every other popular writer. Veeky Forums has to show how superior it is by shitting on anything that people like. Most of the time they've never even read the books they're sneering at.