Simple but good dishes

post simple and easy to prepare but tasty dishes and discuss your experiences preparing them

i'll start: spaghetti aglio e olio

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uVUagOO_53g
youtube.com/watch?v=YO7AdLsUSec
youtube.com/watch?v=5UOowIxfX88
youtube.com/watch?v=PqSZ89FqpiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is olive oil an absolute must for this? It's pretty expensive here.

yeah, it's in the name
you can't make "spaghetti with garlic and oil" without oil

I mean can't it be replaced with cheaper oil.
I'm Russian and have only ever tried the sunflower seed oil. What are the advantages of olive oil?

Tastes better.

Sausage gravy and biscuits. You can prepare yourself a weeks worth of this shit for under $15. It's easy as hell to make too. Biscuits are biscuits and if you don't feel like making them you can sub them out with almost anything. The gravy itself is just sausage + milk + flour + anything else you want to flavor it with. Just cook up the sausage then pour in the milk+flour and let it thicken. I usually try to leave in some of the fat from the cooked sausage to give the gravy extra flavor.

the oil you use has a big impact on how it tastes
i've never used anything but olive oil, but it's an extremely easy dish to make, you could try it for yourself

I tried mixing soy sauce with mayonnaise and it tasted surprsingly good.

Forgot pic, but not like it mattered much, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

Fucking flavor for starters

Post some easy badass Russian dishes this is Italian so obviously it might not be right for you but I'm sure you guys have your own easy comfort food

spaghetti bolognese isn't a real recipe, but its delicious

These videos are preety accurate to what I eat regularly. With minro differences it's what I learned from my mom and grandma.
youtube.com/watch?v=uVUagOO_53g
youtube.com/watch?v=YO7AdLsUSec
youtube.com/watch?v=5UOowIxfX88
You can put any kind of meat in plemeni, even chicken, though some purists would call that a blasphemy.

Steak is simple to make, in theory. You just have to know how to get the crust right and how to cook it to a certain internal temperature.

Haluski
>onions
>green cabbage
>butter
>egg noodles
>salt and pepper

Cook onions til they soften and become sweet. You want them a little brown but not fully caramelized. Then add the cabbage and when it's about done, mix in cooked egg noodles. Season to taste. This also works really well with bacon, but the basic version is perfectly good on its own.

steak

is it used after everything is ready and you just mix it? if so i assume you use extra virgin?

>put oil in pan
>heat at a low temperature, just enough for a few bubbles to start forming
>add thinly sliced garlic, cook until crispy (the garlic will burn if you cook it at too high a temperature)
>add pasta
>add parsley, chili flakes, and parmesan
>mix it all together

You cook the garlic in the olive oil. And no, I wouldn't use extra virgin. You don't need it and cooking with extra virgin is weird.

pasta is pre boiled to below al dente i assume?

>add chili flakes at the end

Add them to the oil along with the garlic. I think you'll find it's better that way.

>not adding bacon as weel

that makes sense, i imagine it would allow the flavor to merge with the garlic and olive oil more fully
will try next time i make it

add the chili flakes with the oil

>not putting an entire chicken breast, a pack of bacon, and a pot of chili in your spaghetti aglio e olio

I have been abusing this broccoli salad.
youtube.com/watch?v=PqSZ89FqpiY
Also great vor losing weight.

it should be like 30-60 sec before al dente level

if i dont want to cook i just add a rub of salt, pepper, paprika and curry to some chicken quarterlegs and put them in the oven for like 60 minutes on 210 degrees. make rice in ricecooker, frozen green peas in the microwave.

add peas and some grease to my rice. put a quarterleg on top of it. sometimes while watching sometimes i will take the time to only eat the drumstick and cut the thigh meat into pieces to mix in the rice.

is it possible to put some aromatic stuff in the rice cooker like an onion or garlic or some other flavourful shit or is it a bad idea?

thinking about buying a rice cooker but not sure if it makes sense if you can only cook plain rice

hdhddisu

You can put broth instead of water. Never really tested anything other than that. I eat a lot of stews and curries over white rice.

>sliced cabbage
>soy sauce
>sambal oelek
>brown sugar
>rice vinegar
>pinch of cornstarch
>ground pork, browned
>add everything but the pork and simmer until thickened and cabbage is tender, add pork and cook through

It's good shit on a cold day

My fav dish lately. Straight from poland - Leczo
Paprika
Zuccini
Smoked Sausage
Onion.
Just Stir it all nicely, add tomato passata and herbs (basil, oregano, chili, marjoram, salt, pepper or even curry if you want)
Easy dish, but tasty af
Serve with bread or rice.