Why have you not accepted pic related as the superior beer?

Why have you not accepted pic related as the superior beer?

Its alright. Nothing great, nothing bad. Works well on a hot day or chilly night, but nothing special.
inb4 60 replies.

no thats basically it. It's a decent choice when you just want something straightfoward and you don't know what's good on the menu. And shitty bars usually have it. It's not amazing but I like it.

It's fine. A step up from the standard shitty beers, but nothing to write home about. Wherever you live there's probably a local brewery that's way better and just as expensive. I'd certainly never take Blue Moon over Racer 5 or Lagunitas.

Pennsylvania master race. Enjoy being a man and ordering a Blue Moon because there's "no other safe bets".

It's fine for a macro but is basically the worst Belgian style wheat beer you can get, like Guinness in the stout world.

Don't drink beer often, but I enjoy it. It's my favorite beer to make bread with aside from Guinness.

It's pretty popular with girls/women around here.

That PA memebrew tastes like a 40 with a nail in it. If that's your style try steel reserve. You can puke on your pumas while saying what a man you are.

Takes me back to university days (in Canada it goes by Rickard's White, exactly the same thing).

Have one every year or two for nostalgia's sake.

This, but in cans. I guess it's due to the green glass letting more light through but canned Yuengling tastes slightly better and more fresh than bottled.

Ah yes, Lagunita's IPA, King Jack's beer of choice.

>IPA
lagunitas' aunt sally is good though

>tfw get yuengling on draught

at least you found a way to feel superior to both

But that's not a Nordic microbrewery beer. Why would I accept mass-produced American swill as the superior beer?

Because THE BUD is all you need, and if you disagree you are a microbrew drinking hipster.

homebrewfag here
brewed my own version of that

Overly coriandered wheat beer. No thanks

>goes to college once

I will never understand how people thought putting coriander in beer was a good idea.

Isn't Blue Moon owned by MillerCoors?

Pass.

You're describing Shiner bock

>caring if a beer is micro or macro
>caring where it comes from
>caring who owns the company
You should really only care about the taste and price. With both of those factors in mind I normally buy yuengling because I can get a 12 pack for $10-$12. If I want a particularly strong beer I'll drink coppertail unholy trippel. If I want a fruity soda pop beer I'll drink schofferhofer grapefruit shandy or bluemoon. Sleeping giant skull rock stout is the only stout I ever liked, but I haven't tried many. Just drink what you like.

>blocks your path

Because lindemans gueuze cuvée René exists.

The proliferation of micros dramatically increased the quality and variety offered by macros. If nobody bought them, we'd never have advanced beyond having one shitty flavor of 4.5% light beer.

nah m8

what's the word on this one

I think it's pretty good, kind of of the dry side for an amber

Step aside while the superior IPA comes forward

you just pissed in that, didn't you?

wuts going on here !

Belgian wits are based

pls just let me be a contrarian faggot

I'm not trying to shit on microbrews. Sleeping Giant and Coppertail are microbrews. I also make a lot of money off microbrews. I'm saying that someone shouldn't let the fact that a beer comes from a micro or macro brew solely influence their decision to order it.

Light or dark, cocks?

Dunkel > light

Opinions on Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout?

It is the best macro at the least

I prefer shock top when I'm in the mood for wheat

'tis the season bois

Decent, but highly overrated and hyped.

i only drink either asahi or rasputin, and the rasputin puts me right to bed but it tastes too good

Stella Artois is probably my favorite beer

Can anyone tell me why I’m wrong or a faggot?

It's pretty mediocre, there's really nothing special about it. I'm glad you have a beer you enjoy though, friend.

I’m no beer snob but I feel like that’s most beer other than maybe crafts

I don’t think I’ve ever ordered / drank a beer than hasn’t had people commenting “lol x is shit” even though I almost never order the same thing

Is beer just a shit drink?

I didn't say it was shit, just pretty basic.

Had that a few months ago, pretty good.

Literally just got some because of this thread. What am I in for? Is it like normal blue moon that tastes like alcoholic orange peels or significantly better

Um, OP's pic is normal Blue Moon.

Don't get the hype behind this one. Tried it once and it tasted like potpourri. Bells' other brews are great though.

Belgian White is "normal" Blue Moon. There's no version of Blue Moon with no subtitle.

I don't buy beer with a fish on it as a rule. It's an okay pale ale, but does nothing I want it to and tastes too local for me.

it's all about their chocolate stout, senpai

This right here boys.

Beer is the most basic, boring alcoholic drink that most people will drink even if they’re not into alcohol, so you get a lot of people wth different opinions. Also shitting on beer is a normie meme so no matter what you drink someone will call you out on it

Came here to post this. Briefly met the owner of the company before.

and?

Got a free case of beer

this guy fucking gets it

Best way to have it. I don't mind it from a bottle/can as something to take home, but if I'm sitting down I'm having that shit on tap.

>hurr i just turned 22 and blue moon is the best beer ive ever had XD
Jesus Christ you are one white-hot flaming fucking homosexual faggot

nigga havent you heard? its all about sours these days,
faggot

and trappist beer. those monks know whats good
samuel smith chocolate stout taste good but its pretty sweet.

There are plenty of worse stouts than Guinness. Also, Guinness varies. I'd say a properly poured pint in Ireland would beat out at least 50% of stouts.

I remember when I was a college freshman contrarian hipster too.
And even then people always said that Magic Hat #9 was superior to Blue Moon.

Floridafag here. God bless Yuengling on draft, 2-3 bucks and perfect for any occasion. We have a brewery in Tampa so it's everywhere here, surprised the hell out of my old roommate from PA.

Dece, but hard to find on draft. I like Founder's breakfast stout or Left Hand milk stout, and both are fairly popular around here. Left Hand is usually on nitro, too, shit's gud. Sam Adam's gingerbread stout is fucking phenomenal on tap out of a fresh keg but decidedly mediocre otherwise.

I respectfully disagree.

These packs are great.

Lots of entry level shit in this thread.

These are good though, especially Cantillon.

Also amazing are NE IPAs. Grimm makes some great ones like pic related.

Its bland.

This stuff is so fucking good you guys holy shit!

>grimm
It's good beer but it's such hipster bullshit, I'm not surprised that someone who unironically calls beer "entry level" would promote it. I bet you're one of those people who autistically says "let's have some CRAFT beer" instead of just "let's have some beer" because you're still overcompensating from post-prohibition macro lagers

yfw you haven't tried the superior beer

I'm an old man now, need my mid strength.

Step aside craftfags, the master beer is here.

>Ctrl+f
>Stone
>0 Results.
SAD!

There's nothing wrong with differentiating macro beer from craft beer. If I say "let's go drink beer!" I know everyone is going to get ripshit hammered on bud light, coors light, busch light, miller lite, or whatever else is there. If I say "let's go drink some craft beer!" most guys are just going to get buzzed enjoying a few really nice Citra IPAs, Oatmeal Stouts, Sours, or whatever from literally any brewery.

superior taste my dude

blue moon is ABInbev hot garbage

rule of thumb, if your beer is excessively filtered you should probably kill yourself

I've noticed my tastes change. I used to really like IPAs, the bitterer the better. Now I really only like those citrus floral IPAs and dislike resin piney IPAs. I also used to like really heavy creamy stouts with excessive malt but now I prefer a more balanced stout. Ambers are also my current "I want a beer" style of beer. Lagers are okay if it's a hot day but are otherwise just okay.

>If I say "let's go drink beer!" I know everyone is going to get ripshit hammered on bud light, coors light, busch light, miller lite, or whatever else is there
That sucks that you have to put up with that, but it isn't really a thing outside of trailer parks any more than having to specify that some scrambled eggs aren't from a powdered "egg mix" or that a juice is actually from fruit

You Fools.

*blocks your path*

Nah dude you're just sheltered

A truly magical beer

"Sheltered" is trailer park speak for "what I'm used to is normal and everything else isn't real"

For me it's Earthquake, the most drunk you can get for $1.19 a can

Is this stuff good? I've had friends recommend it.

Over rated and over priced.

It goes good with Chinese food. I don't really like wheat beer in general, but this is my favorite one.

Great beer but overpriced. I can get a pint for $6.

Not even the best cheap beer. This motha's $1 a pint and blows Blue Moon way out of the water.

sours taste like sweat

Even after tasting a shit ton of beer, my go-to is still budlight on tap.

This is only because I have found Celis White literally once, and it was a seasonal at The Yard House.

>budlight
that'll turn you into a mexican

King of Beers

As a wheatbeer fag, blue moon is only what I get when they literally have no other whites. It's 6/10 without a doubt, decent safe beer though.

I like ol' Blue, but the local brew on the left pulled ahead for me. It's got a nice spicier bite to it.
Blue Moon is definitely one of the best bigger names, though.