Just stop eating for a couple weeks at a time

i have done a fucking shitton of research on this. i am talking 50-100 hours of reading papers and listening talks from scientists.

i dont want to try and push this on you guys and make this some long ass post but thats whats gonna happen i guess.

fasting is really really normal, even now when you look at tribes without much human contact, it was observed they eat like one meal a day or go days without food until they catch something.
this is why we have fat stores. to supply us with energy when we dont have any food.
eating in itselfs takes time from your body and keeps it busy. fasting is like a vacation for your body all it has to do is search your body for things to heal (my fucking scar tissue is always decreasing on a fast)
If you have read the news article i posted, that guy had almost no loose skin. all of it was used by the body.
all parasites in your body die from starvation during a fast while you can live on your fat for ages.

the reason people eat 3 meals a day (or god forbid fucking 6 meals) is because of marketing.
I was dumbfounded when i found out that the sentence "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" was a fucking marketing slogan to sell cereal.
nobody can make money from a fasting diet, so why would anyone advocate it.

there is so much more i can say about it but i already will get the "lol didnt read gif's on my ass" so il just stop.
here is a nice talk though
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

He took it out?

it?
it.
out?
out.

intermittent and long-term fasting is as much a reasonable, viable dieting method as is having several meals a day

they both contribute different effects to your thyroid, general endocrine system, etc, and both have their own benefits

no one in this day eats 3 meals a day on the dot
everyones diet is tailored to them and their habits whether they realize it or not. going out of your way to eat specifically is hardly ever necessary, especially in the case of fasting where you're either doing it for no reason but to save money or lose weight in an unhealthy manner (not including intermittent fasting which is plenty healthy for weight loss which long-term fasting is not healthy for, due to the effect rapid weightloss has on the body in a sedative lifestyle environment)

basically, kill yourself retard highschool student that just read the Veeky Forums sticky for the first time

I'm pretty sure the people who post about not being able to go more than an hour or two without eating are trolling. A handful may actually be addicted to food.

I'm a healthy sized person (125 lbs 5'10") and I eat one meal a day.

i'm 6' and 149 lbs.
>tfw no fat to live on for ages

Yeah if I stayed at home all day then having one meal a day or fasting for weeks might seem reasonable as I wouldn't need to be mentally and physically nourished.

You're just overly sensitive to changes in your blood sugar. Diabetics have the same thing. Their sugar can be three times as high as it should be and they'd still whine about how they need a snack. Pathetic.

>a physiological body function that you can't control
>PATHETIC
Supreme logic bro. But you still sound like a shut in NEET. I go several hours between lunch and dinner due to work without snacking.

Fasting for some days is normal, if you do it for weeks you're gonna get fucked.

It's not out of your control. That's like saying being addicted to heroin is out of your control. If you can't go more than a few minutes without eating, you have fucked up your own body through your own actions.

>my fucking scar tissue is always decreasing on a fast)
This is because when you eat meat and some other foods your inflammation goes through the roof. Most people never stop eating, and never stop suffering from inflammation, so they never realize it mostly unselfaware Republicans that have been told its manly to eat red meat three times a day by the corn (beef feed) industry and that "only numale cucks" (quoting Sean hannity and Alex Jones) "would ever fast and explore or research the impact of not eating red meat 3 times a day". I say namaste to them, and generally just feel sorry for them and their lack of apathy and awareness.

Fasting for a couple days also increases HGH and test which makes it excellent for a cut while trying to maintain muscle mass. Unfortunately, the food jews have done a wonderful job of convincing everyone that "starving yourself" is terrible and worse than being a nice stocky 300 pounds.

its useless trying to tell people. four years ago when i was 15 everyone thought i was fucking insane and extremely unhealthy for going from 220 pounds (i was only 5’4, keep in mind) to 190 in about a month from fasting and low calorie eating. it was one of the best things that happened to me during my depressing fat teenage years and everyone tried to supress it so hard because for some reason not eating every goddamn second of the day is unhealthy now

Long periods of fasting are not good if done repeatedly. Intermittent fasting is good for you, obviously, however the benefit from doing an extended fast is huge for people who have extra fat and skin to lose. PSMF's are great too and better long term, but you're not going to die from not eating for 7 to 30 days; and it allows your body to repair itself. Eating 3 meals a day however, is known to cause a million health problems.

>meat
>inflammation

Sugar is the worst offender, you braindead vegan fucktard. A high fat, medium protein, medium fiber diet will reduce inflammation much more than a diet without meat but with lots of grains, starchy vegetables and sugar, which will make you sickly and weak and inflame the shit out of you. Leafy greens and other low carb vegetables are absolutely essential to a healthy diet but excluding meat (grass fed, free range, organic all that good stuff) has no benefits, only drawbacks.

Before anybody starts fasting, they should first slowly easy into ketosis by gradually reducing their carb intake, upping the amount of fat they consume and reduce their feeding window to 12 hours a day, always making sure to get enough fiber daily. All of the allowed carbs should come from high fiber foods or you are doing keto wrong. Once ketosis is going strong, fasting becomes really easy.

I don't understand why people would torture themselves for nothing. Switching from a standard diet with lots of carbs to water fasting is going to suck and there is no added benefit to doing it that way.

ITT: pseudoscience bullshit

You all talk like the type of annoying faggots who ride bikes or run marathons. Get fucked you neurotic high energy spazoids. We’re all gonna die

>PSMF's
What's that?

winner

mad fatties with no willpower
or not enough brain to properly read studies.

you know what is pseudoscience? starvation mode if you dont eat every 10 minutes.

>dumbass from dumb question thread
>makes fun of fatties
Sounds about right. Feel better about yourself?

but i think you've missed the point.. he wasn't saying his type of diet is superior to your type of diet. he was saying the debate itself is gay.

i think?

Thats not healthy, you should weight more than that. Im a 6'3 male and at 150 I was grievously unhealthy

Extended fasts are only needed if you're losing a bunch of weight or are trying to recalibrate your body's insulin response.

You'll receive most of the same benefits from an intermediate fast. Just eat something small in the morning and eat a big dinner and you'll be cool.

DO NOT EAT SOMETHING SMALL.
that one small piece of whatever will make you hungry for the entire day until your meal.

What about multivitamins? Can I have those?

sure.
salt is way more important though

To add to this, it's insulin response that triggers fat cells to take in energy. No insulin response, no weight gain.
Eat meat.

Extended fasts will make your body slow your metabolism and make you feel like shit and then when you go back to eating you gain weight because your metabolism is slow.

Or at least that's what Veeky Forums told me

this definitely isn't the stupidest thread I've ever seen on this board but it does have the honor of being one of the most unique stupid ones.
congrats OP and thanks, I have a new copypasta to shit up Veeky Forums threads with.

>falling for poisonous "b vitamin" chemical waste product memes
>thinks he needs the government's chemical labs to produce the "nutrients" he needs for life

Lost.

Technically you are underweight. Whatever works for you though

Yes, intermittent fasting is great for you (assuming you have a baseline abundance of nutrition or access to nutritious food sources).

Protein and fats are also great for you, moreso than carbs or sugars assuming you are not an athlete.

read a study instead.
your metabolism slows down if you eat very little and with a lot of carbs/sugars

fasting does not slow it down at all and in both cases gaining back weight is because you eat more then your TDEE.

you got fat on your old diet why would you start eating like shit again after reaching a decent weight? you where not eating normal before and now you need to start eating normal after your fast

Piggy detected

Fasting does work, but isn't it just the same as calorie restriction? If you burn 2500 calories a day, and you fast every other day, then you'd have to eat over 5000 calories to put on weight. Anything less and you lose weigh.

And 5000 is an insane amount, plus your stomach will shrink on the fasting day.

So yeah, what's the difference really? The only thing really is that with fasting, it's harder to cheat.

Is it like Veeky Forums's version of nofap? I'm in.

no fasting is NOT the same as calorie restriction. Check out the fasting general thread on Veeky Forums for a quick rundown and several slow walkthroughs if needed.

that thread is an utter clusterfuck and one of the worst ive seen in a while

I don't believe in bullshit pseudoscience spiritual healing until I see an actual credible study

that said I'm 24 hours in on my one week fast to lose my chin fat

50-100 hours isn't very much research at all.

Why is it unhealthy? Because I'm not consuming enough to keep Big Agriculture profitable?

"Under" weight compared to a society where two thirds of people are obese. This is the size that normal humans were for most of history, right up to about 50 years ago.

plz be in Little Rock

>all parasites in your body die from starvation

parasites in my body where never a #1 concern for me

Bitch shut the fuck up and eat something. Unless you seriously get a fuckload of physical activity everyday (what people also did 50 years ago) you just sound like a flabby, low energy shit.

t. hamplanet with construction worker body
>muh real job! MAGA!
I burn 10x more calories biking to and from work monday through friday than you do pushing a button every couple of minutes while wheezing from the exertion of not lying down

you have to go back to America

who else 20:4?? pretty easy actually

You failed to mention how your body will default to muscle before it resorts to fat.

>125 and 5'10"
>healthy
>there's obviously only one choice
>people were all 5'10" 50+ years ago

neat

yeah riding bikes and running marathons are for losers!

>people were all 5'10" 50+ years ago
Not what I said. You know what I meant and you know it's true.

Be honest how many bumper stickers are on the back of your subaru?

This only works if you work in the office or are a student. I lift 70 lb parts every night and don't feel like eating my own heart for breakfast.

>implying everyone is a fucking forklift driver

I'm chucking steel on hooks for 12 hours a shift. If I don't eat then I'm eating myself 4 hours in.

This. I knew a guy who had a series of heart attacks because he was on a diet while working.

This.

The 3-component daily meal is a meme.

I eat a proper meal perhaps 2-3 times a week, and just grab a tomato, egg or a can of sardines in between.

Marathon runner, BTW.