Why is American tipping culture so retarded?

Why is American tipping culture so retarded?
>be American
>live in a shitty system where both the consumers and the workers are generally stiff on cash (though the consumer may be marginally less needy)
>the workers for restaurants don't get paid properly by their corporations, and are instead told to rely on consumers to pay them out of their pocket (regardless of whether the consumer is well-off or not, it's just to be expected because apparently only well-off people should eat out, despite the fact that junk food might as well be part of working class culture)
>the workers actually fall for this meme and start getting toasty when consumers don't throw money at them, or if it's not enough they're throwing
In reality, the workers and consumers should band together and stand against corporations until the workers get properly compensated for all their hard work. The responsibility for an employee's livelihood should never be on a complete stranger who just wants something to eat. Tips should be a treat made in good will for waitstaff who already make enough to live day-to-day, not the difference between life and death for a struggling human.

I'm pretty sure in California they have to be paid regular minimum wage.

If you can't afford to tip a few bucks, just don't eat out.

Real simple stuff, bro

>Only rich people should eat at this fine dining establishment known as Pizza Hut!

>few bucks
>rich

In this economy, a few bucks is a lot.

>In this economy
It isn't 2008 anymore retard, also I agree, tipping is stupid

Then you very clearly cannot afford to be eating out at all

How about trying to make amends to the current system so it doesn't matter who comes to the restaurant as long as they pay the established price for food?

They do.

Because only poorfags whine about a few dollars when they're already paying >$15 a meal per person. Good poor people don't go out to eat. Only retards like you eat out and then whine about a few extra dollars. Normal folks factor it in.

Tips used to be a fine way of showing a appreciation for good service. Now it's demanded by wait staff no matter the quality of their service. I was demanded to give tips at a buffet of all places (it was already there, they just didn't see it). Now, if they're shit, I give zero.

Lol only the shitty states hard fuck their restaurant employees. And here I thought the Bible belt was against sodomy.

Tipping is retarded, and waiters/waitresses make more than you do by the middle of the average work week. 75k annually (mostly tax free) is the average pull for my brother's girlfriend, while his is only 50k as the head chef. We live in one of the green areas on

Only poorfags get buttblasted when they don't have money randomly given to them by customers. This is because they need the money, but for whatever reason, they're heavily reluctant to actually do something to help their situation and would rather yell at customers and say they shouldn't eat out if they don't want to support the waiters on top of buying the food.
>like you
I'm not poor and I prefer eating at home, so I've never had this problem. I just see it complained about on a regular basis and I don't get why they won't do something about it. Eating out should not be reserved only for people who have both the means and the desire to pay the waiter's wages. It's fucking backward for companies to not pay their employees enough, and encouraging it by blaming customers for either not having enough money or falling for the meme solves nothing long-term. It just creates animosity, which you're buying into like a robot.

Does your brother's GF run a glory hole in the back?

Nope. Just does her job. She has a lot of time to just talk to him, too.

And pic related is smart now cuz glasses.

t. salty liberal tipper

>Can't accept his brother is cucked by a ho trickin in the back.

Let me guess, you actually believe waitresses and waiters struggle for money. It isn't just his girlfriend who makes that kind of cash. Two of my cousins did the same work, and both made a substantial amount from tips. One of them was male, and made around 60k annually.

Did you ever stop to consider that they lie about their dead end jobs? Or that they have a side hustle like selling drugs? I have a cousin who works at a high end restaurant as head bar tender and he only makes that much cash cuz he sells coke to the kitchen and grows pot. I think you both seem a little naive.

Bar tenders aren't tipped nearly as well as waiters and waitresses. There isn't enough of a culture around that. People tip, but not nearly as much or as often.