What book makes the best case for atheism, and what book makes the best case for faith...

What book makes the best case for atheism, and what book makes the best case for faith? I'm currently reading The Brothers Karamazov and I'm enjoying this theme.

>What book makes the best case for atheism
The Bible.
>what book makes the best case for faith
The Bible.

So true it hurts

my diary desu

There are no good atheist books in fiction, I'm not trying to be like some stupid protestants that vilify every herectic ting, but that's simply the thruth, no "atheist" books is worth reading.

But if you want to read actual good philosophical arguments against theism, then I would recommend reading Graham Oppy's books, he's much better than pop shit like Dawkins, Harris and Hitchens.

I don't understand atheism. Do they believe it is IMPOSSIBLE that a higher power created the universe? Or do they simply profess to not know? If that's the case, wouldn't they be agnostic?

In theism, God is generally regarded as the prime motor, the first being to have existed and the one who begun the universe. In atheism, they believe the explanation for the universe and the prime motor must be purely scientifical.

But if a god did exist, wouldn't that still be scientific?

The prime motor must have always existed, so he must be God, but that might not be the kind of God described by most religions, instead it might be the one that only science could correctly explain.

the book of Genesis and the book of Revelation have absolutely every answer to proving/questioning if Atheism is incorrect. Answers evolution and monkey shit as well. It's pretty crazy realizing this once thoroughly studying the Bible.

>yet another false dichotomy thread

>The God Delusion
>The God Delusion/The Bible

"Science" as understood by atheists (and most others) supposes naturalism, and God is generally described as existing outside of the natural physical realm, so no.

>Anime image
>Argument disregarded, throw into the trash

you don't belong here. go away.

No, neofag, Veeky Forums has always been anti-anime and one of the few boards only frequented by patricians. Sometimes some plebs get lost in here and end up embarassing themselves, like you right now. Leave.

you don't even know how to greentext...

Atheism vs Theism = whether there is a belief in god
Gnostic vs Agnostic = whether you know or don't know
Atheism and being agnostic are not mutually exclusive.

Some athiests are gnostic, claiming they know for a fact that God doesn't exist, but most fall under agnostic atheism, who acknowledge they don't know if a god exists and take the position that if they don't know something exists they won't assume it does.

Herman Philipse - God in the Age of Science?

The child pretends to believe in Santa Claus for the parents and to obtain presents. The parents pretend to believe for the sake of the child. Believe or not, belief still functions in society.

>Veeky Forums has always been anti-anime

Please do elaborate

Belief and faith has many non-religious, non-deity purposes. Don't be Dawkins pls

this is just a meme. someone did a graph on the internet along this lines [Atheism-Theism|Gnostic-Agnostic] and for some reason it went viral. nobody thinks along this lines in real life and it's not helpful. no one ever seriously wrote about this debate along those lines.

just to put an example Doubt is a core catholic theme since forever, even for some hardcore catholics, no one would call those people "theist agnostics" so the concept is retarded as it offers nothing and clarifies nothing about their position

this is just some STEM kid that thought he had mapped the whole philosophical landscape while just making things more confusing and removed from the core discussion

Got my noggin joggin, but in all seriousness this is pretty true.

Nigger no
You probably couldn't even correctly define evolution and the basic mechanisms behind it.
You're probably a Protestant as well, the most willingly ignorant branch of the entire faith tree.

Good bait

Is absolute recoil any good or nah, I picked it up recently without thinking

I view Zizek's books as a reference for study not on a basis of good or bad. However, I will say that you should read Sublime Object of Ideology before any of his other theoretical books. His interview compilations etc. are open for introduction to his mainstream thought.

Instead of atheistic literature, how about books with strong antireligious themes?

I wouldnt call anything antireligeous literature. Youre just going to end up reading 300 pages of the equivalent of r/atheism posts.