There's a special place in hell for people who drink their tea with the tea bag still in the mug...

There's a special place in hell for people who drink their tea with the tea bag still in the mug. You should steep your tea from 1-3 minutes depending on type and strength, and then remove the teabag from your mug. I'm sick of seeing people just leave the teabag in their cup and drink the entire thing like that. It's a disgrace to tea. Better yet, brew loose leaf when you can.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B004UWZ090/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It will affect the taste negatively eventually if you leave the bag in too long, I've tested different steeping times extensively. If you don't take it out at all it will eventually taste like total shit

Okay.

>using tea bags at all

Fuck off, plebshit. You're already using low quality shit so it doesn't matter. You're like those people from Chicago who go apeshit over ketchup.

Tea? No thanks. I'll stick with coffee, the superior drink.

>he drinks black tea
>he doesn't like his tea as strong as possible
>he actually uses tea bags
>he probably doesn't even own a tea pot
Disgusting plebeian trash. Do you also put milk and sugar in your tea?

Actually I always brew loose leaf, unless I'm out and I do own a teapot. I've been drinking tea since I was a baby (my mother literally made me weak tea in my bottle). This post is just for the absolute basics. First step is removing your tea bag.

Oh and I usually drink green or oolong.

Why not both?

there's a special place on my dick for pussies

hop on

>drinking tea bag tea ever
Honestly, once I started drinking proper tea anything from a tea bag just tastes like hot dish water.

>stash

good shit

probably the most reasonably priced per quality of teas I've seen

>muh tea is serious business
lol it's just dried plant parts

And beef is just a piece of cow flesh, but all cooking methods aren't equal.

I just stick the teabag in the cup and keep refilling it with water from a kettle.
Partially steeped tea is best tea.

> partially steeped tea
Kill yourself nigger

Posting in tea thread with coffee

Is buying loose leaf green tea off of amazon okay? Or should I stick to bags?

I don't really get tea. the flavor is really weak if I don't steep it much longer than reccommended. Am I using too much water/should double bag it? I usually have 1 bag in ~8-10oz of water, and it tastes like nothing for about 10 minutes.

Hotter water.

water is straight off my kettle at the recommended brewing temperature.

Your tea might just be shit then.

Steep it longer then recommended with more tea leaves. Most steeping guides are designed for a milder palette in mind or are based around Chinese gongfu. The polyphenol content only goes up the longer you steep (as does the fluoride content, but this isn't a problem if you don't do as the Tibetans or American southerners do and steep it overnight).

>tfw you live at high-ish altitude so water boils at ~200F/93C

Cry me a river, faggot.

>There's a special place in hell for people who drink their tea with the tea bag still in the mug
What if it is herbal without tannins?

reccommend a decent tea to try then? I've got this right now for a variety since I don't drink much:
amazon.com/gp/product/B004UWZ090/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

i'm in Denver so water boils around ~202F, you'll live

I've tried ahmad before, they're alright but nothing special. Owned by an iranian fellow who fled the 79 revolution.

>I'm a fag and get mad about teabags

just buy a box of bags, tear them all open and pour it into an unused tin

Cold brewed tea is better anyways.