Be a professional NHL player while getting a PhD in mathematics at MIT

>be a professional NHL player while getting a PhD in mathematics at MIT

How does he do it?

wrong board, shit

mods delete this thread

ever wonder why math/science is compatible with physical capability but not literature?

I'm still envious of him OP. He deserves a thread here. He works on Machine Learning so maybe a thread on that and the relevant literature?

Not lit related. Saged and reported

im confused by this as well desu

Affirmative action. Also he has millions of dollars.

He can afford a good tutor

He doesn't waste precious time posting no Veeky Forums.

He probably started this thread. Let's be honest.

who /split/ here?

NFL not NHL

you meant "handler"

Don't know many handlers with math PhDs who could help him out.

And he could afford them all.

No, I've never wondered that

Heck. That really makes me think.

Don't be too envious, he'll have forgotten everything he's learned by the time he's 40

I'm inherently better than him since I have white privilege.

Didn't another melanin rich NFL player write that Kulipari comic that's full of mythical allusions and pretty decent plot?

I suddenly feel better.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_test

he's not even the highest scorer, but he's well above what you'd expect for a systems analyst or chemist. most teams are looking for a quarterback who would be just as good at being an electrician or nurse, and quarterbacks aren't even the smartest people on the team usually.

not Veeky Forums though.

that test is racist

just look at the notable players

White privilege is, for example, that you - a full dingus - would probably never get pulled over and executed whereas that is a serious possibility for Big Black Maths Man
has little, if anything, to do with being better, in the usual sense of the word

Not an argument.

maybe if philandro castille wasn't high as fuck he would have put his hands on the wheel instead of reaching under his seat like a fucking mong

Sage
Stfu dumass

MIT has 0 standards when it comes to athletics

Iirc MIT doesn't have a football team?

you need to learn how to do even topical research. he's currently a center/guard for the baltimore ravens and began his phd in mathematics at MIT in 2016.

>took a sample test of this
>finished in 10:56, scored 41/50
A-am I smart?

It should. Heavy tutoring (including with the application itself) is par for the course for ambitious rich people.

someone scored low.
it means you can be taught easily, especially something that involves gainful employment. high scorers, however, often get arrested, so ymmv.

Affimitive action

ok fine but there's still a higher likelihood that he'll get a chance to be a fucking mong than a white mong would

>test is racist because low scores go to blacks and high scores go to whites

is this a joke?

Even if you're a leftist I don't see how calling a test racist can benefit you or your ideological position. It just makes you look childish and anti-intellectual.

Can't you just not be retarded and make the point that most blacks are systemically disenfranchised and given less opportunity in every sphere of life in America? And that's why they score lower?

This Black Maths Man up there is from Winnepeg, born to intellectuals. Socioeconomic conditions! Intersectional theory!

Your argument makes itself, but instead you go with TEST RACIST YO

well you're on a racist website so

yeah so then eric smith of the new york jets is better than you all