Practice stoicism irl

>practice stoicism irl
>people think I'm autistic because I don't react to anything

Other urls found in this thread:

proza.ru/2017/07/03/964
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>practice stoicism

>people think I'm autistic because I don't react to anything

Say something insightful or ask a relevant question every once in a while and people will start seeing you as the smart guy that doesn't really talk.
Also have one or two persons that you can be open with.

>practice stoicism irl
>people call you buddhist
>people call you marxist
>people fail to understand stoic tenants although its clear and widely available
>people call you a cuck
>people reluctantly acknowledge that you use practical philosophy to surprising efficiency in your life
>people start to get angry about your stoic view of life in the face of their attempts to illicit a reaction from you
>people actually take time from their lives to go to a chinese coal-mining board to talk about stoicism

STOICISM RULES, EPICUREANS DROOL

>Say something insightful or ask a relevant question every once in a while
It's as plain as day.

Next comment?

>not realizing that emotions are the linchpin of the human experience and that denying them outright closes off significant, altering opportunities in life.

I think people forget that they can responsibly act on emotions without abandoning them completely.

Just tell them that they should fuck off and get right with the universe.

The only 1 who can make u mad is u :)

Accept the things 2 which fate binds u, and luv the people with whom fate brings u together, but do so with all ur heart :)

Execute every act of ur life as though it was ur last ;)

bump

>practice stoicism IRL
>nobody knows because I embody it in thought and action and never mention it
>become much happier
>become almost universally liked by those around me

Stoicism delivered everything it promised, and I'm living proof

BTW OP, the upshot of this is that if it didn't work for you it's because you were to weak and/or stupid to adhere to it.

>because I don't react to anything
That's not stoicism. You're doing it wrong faggot.

>be autistic
>don't react to anything
>people think I'm stoic

You are apparently reacting to it here, which begs the question... Are you really a stoic?

Is stoicism really something you should do as purely a choice? I would think, it's a great coping mechanism, in order to align your own expectations with the burden of reality. It shouldn't be however, a final objective of being.

He's not. This same guy posts threads attacking Stoicism on a semi-regular basis. For some reason the idea of others wanting to be unperturbed by things outside of their control upsets and angers him.

He has yet to post a single argument against it

Why do you limit yourself to a particular system? Don't you know how much you are missing out on? All the full range of emotions life has to offer and you being mortal only get to experience once and you're gonna choose to practice stoicism?
I'm not saying in certain cases it's not beneficial to be stoic but bro, you got a whole life ahead of you, engage goddamn it, engage.

How do you do it then¿

>practice stoicism in real life
>don't just distill the meaningful parts
>start espousing the stoics' retarded natural philosophy
>people think you're an idiot

I like this.

>practice stoicism
>light yourself on fire
>showed them

but you react to wha tthey think

that's a big hat

What does this mean?

le ebin joke about stoicism being ok with suicide

>>practice stoicism irl
>>people think I'm autistic because I actually am

le stoicism = being an emotionless robot meme

for you

If I take that hat off, will you die?

>Practice Cynicism irl
>Walking around with a flashlight looking for a man
>Gay men keep trying to have sex with me in park bathrooms

>be autistic irl
>say to myself that I'm just being a stoic

phew. It even makes easier some stuff like handling the pain.

Stoicism = Cosmic Cuckoldry

>tenants

>dude just don't suffer lmao ;)

Wow, thanks you fucking Greek homo's.

but it works

>717171

It would be extremely shameful

Is this nigga literally wearing a dunce cap? What's going on?

99% of this board doesn't understand anything about 99% of the ideologies/philosophies discussed here. it's a lost cause

sounds like you read the wikipedia lede for stoicism and immediately came to Veeky Forums to show off to all your lil friends that you DEFINITELY read philosophy

You just have to couch it in hippie slang like when something bad happens you go "haha it's whatever dude" or "it's chill". People then just form the perception that you are laid back and not easily frazzled. You have to actively be social in combination with this through or people will think you are stupid.

>be autistic irl
>people think Im a stoic because I don't react to anything

Laughed out loud. I don't that very often. Thanks man.

Check my digits btw

You're autistic proza.ru/2017/07/03/964

that's not very stoic of you dear

but stoicism doesn't abandon them, it accepts and manages them

>not emulating the only greek that wasn't intellectually dishonest

Fucking kek, wasn't even written by my and OP utterly btfo.

>practice stoicism
>feel the need to justify myself to 4chin

But that doesn't stop them from critiquing things like Stoicism..."Hur Hur, Stoicism is for cucks" etc...

epin
i really like these

>practise stoicism
>still give a shit if people think you're autistic
I think you're doing this wrong.

How do you know he gives a shit? Maybe he is just telling Veeky Forums his situation in a non-emotive state. This would not contradict Stoicism.

If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't be posting about it here.

Hmm, I'm not entirely convinced that you're right. Let's go deeper, user. Why do you suppose this?

Is the joke that you're actually autistic?

>act autistic
>people think I'm being stoic

Yes, I am autistic, and am still not convinced. Go deeper.

Does anybody else want to make this joke in this thread? Will it get funnier if someone says it again?

One person said, "I am autistic" the other said "act autistic". Two different things you fucking pseud.

one could argue that stoicism is a kind of self-imposed autism, except inasmuch as autism involves stunning psychological short-circuits, adult temper-tantrums, the flinging of feces, etc. etc.

Perhaps the spectrum wraps around, so that the manchild autist and the post-emotional autist meet equidistant from the normies.

I think lots of people react to things the way they think they are expected to. It's like a little kid miming his parents with a forehead slap. Things happen and they continue to happen. Huffing and puffing when there's a line at the checkout, or Bill in accounting fucks it up... AGAIN! or making a show of it when yo girl be leavin you. What exactly is being felt when you're processing an input and expelling an output? That's computer shit.

>The same joke that had already been made three times in this thread but with one word changed
Comedic genius!

good joke, thanks to guys like ryan holiday stoicism is incredibly popular these days.

very very true. I disguise my imperturbability as recklessness around my friends and they think i'm cool af 'wow that guy does not give a FUCK'. Except one day i got drunk and went all autismo and explained to them that my not giving a fuck was in a way giving a fuck because i'm actively not giving a fuck and went down a big rabbit hole explaining stoicism in front of a room of restless faces.

>act autistic
>people think I'm being stoic

>people think I act this way because I take drugs
>I take drugs because that is the way it is

Top kek, user.

How do you figure out what virtue is without getting arbitrary if you dont have a religious faith?

Why do you suppose that virtue needs religion?

>Dear Diary,
>Metellus fucked my wife today.
>I'm not even mad.

cuck

A stoic wouldn't be mad, he would assess the situation and leave her.

Need to switch to daoism desu lad, less uptight

No, he just needs to control his emotions better.

If by control you mean relaxing into a state of mind where you don't actively have to repress your emotions to fit some sort of stoic ideal then yes.

Fuck you, I loled.

Do you think Stoicism advocates repressing your emotions?

Not OP.
I've been wrestling with the question of being. Which is better, to be on a car ride along a even road or on a rollercoaster ride with it's ups and downs?
I feel like everyone eventually becomes the passenger in the car so why not just start to prepare for it? I'm not saying that all emotion is to be cast aside, just that those emotions should come out at situations that really demand them.

Yes, that is what I mean.

A true stoic not only wouldn't care about that but he wouldn't even notice what others think since that is out of his control.

Of course he would notice, but he wouldn't care. Stoics aren't oblivious.

Not inherently, but it risks being interpreted as such.

>start practicing stoicism
>use it to cope with the death of my mother, don't even cry, get over the grief in one day
>qt girl likes it
>start dating her
>some guy tells me of his girlfriend's infidelities
>help him get revenge on her without being emotionally involved, as a neutral aider of justice
>shoot some arabs in the process because the sun was too bright
>get arrested
>jury finds me guilty because they are jealous of my amazing stoic powers, they know I accidentally shot him but convict me anyway
>judge sentences me to death
>have a nice time in death row, because I can use my stoic powers to mentally separate myself from the location, plus the guards are chill
>don't care I'm about to die
>they are now sending a priest "to find out what is wrong with me"

What should I do Veeky Forums? I'm going to die anyway so it doesn't matter what I say to him. I'm thinking of throwing my fedora at him and going on an angry reddit-tier atheist rant for the lulz

>Illicit

That isn't stoicism as it lacks pursuing virtue.

>shooting arabs
>not virtuous

kek

Who dis?

>be depressed
>be deadpan and awkward
>people assume I'm autistic

Pyrrho.

>stoicsim: I don't give a fuck, here's why explained very well

>critics: lol cuck

every time

>stoics: let me whine for hours about how impervious i am

I refuse to believe you don't see the irony in your post.

I don't, please explain.