You guys got any recipes for cod that doesn't just drench it in butter and lemon?

You guys got any recipes for cod that doesn't just drench it in butter and lemon?

Other urls found in this thread:

animerecipes.tumblr.com/post/19559626594/fish-pie-kikis-delivery-service-howdy-yall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Several but the only one that matters is battered cod tongues

Boiled salt cod is amazing in a hash.

No salt pork and it's a large fillet.

I got fresh cod though.

Oil > butter

make a breading with lemon pepper

small amount of soy + sriracha

Cut the cod into strips, use a breaded seasoning like Andys, oil to 375. Cod strips. Adult fish fingers.

Can't be arsed to bread desu, got any stew/sauce ideas?

Not a manchild.

You are the faglord asking how to cook cod. Cod is the nigger of fish. It is meant to be fried and aten.

Had some fresh cod sushi rolls in New York City, I think it had eel sauce on it too. Was surprisingly good.

This may be based on a children's movie, but it is my FAVORITE pot pie now. I wasn't expecting the flavors to blend so well together. I also added some baby bella mushrooms to my dish.

animerecipes.tumblr.com/post/19559626594/fish-pie-kikis-delivery-service-howdy-yall

Amerifats think deep frying is the solution to everything.

Okay, oven cook it, dry it the fuck out. Or put it in a pouch and steam it. Guess, what, it will taste the same. 99% of cod is not sushi grade. Once again, nigger of fish.

Looks good, might skip the eggs if they aren't essential.

I had to reread the recipe because I was confused why you'd skip the egg wash on top. I have an intolerance to egg yolks, so I didn't put hard boiled eggs in mine. Tasted fine without it. This recipe also freezes wonderfully. Just make sure to reheat it in the oven, not a microwave.

I like blackening mine.
It's such a shame that cod falls apart if you don't do something to it before frying. I like the taste but it always gets muddled by whatever you end up doing to it so it cooks properly

I just made blackened cod this evening so I'm seconding this .
This is what I use as a blend, you can google a general recipe or eyeball it yourself:
>pepper
>salt
>sugar
>paprika
>cayenne
>nutmeg
>cumin
>thyme
>oregano
>garlic powder
>onion powder

>pepper
>olive oil
>salt
>sear in pan
>squeeze some lemon, don't overdo it
And done

I do a very basic cod and chorizo stew with cannelini beans or chickpeas. Basically just soften an onion, add garlic and chorizo till there's plenty of chorizo oil in the pan, and some chopped or tinned tomatoes, then a bunch of smoked paprika, salt, pepper and any herbs you like really, then nestle the cod in so that it's touching the bottom of the pan, 5 minutes on a medium heat then add the beans for another 5 or so.

Lightly salt, shallow fry in olive oil, then fry garlic slivers when the fish is done. Then garnish the fish in olive oil and fried garlic. Sop up the extra oil and garlic with baguette.

Cod is a shit fish, that's why people do that

1 word: miso

Here's an Italian cod stew that's pretty good:
Saute chopped onion in olive oil. Add chopped garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Add some crushed tomatoes and a little white wine, simmer until alcohol has cooked off wine. Add cod cut into bite sized pieces and chopped parsley. Simmer gently for just a couple minutes until cod is cooked through but not falling apart. Serve in bowl with bread.