Al/ck/ - Alcoholism General

Gotta go fast edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1992/02/04/health/why-the-body-may-waste-the-calories-from-alcohol.html
youtu.be/36m5EgDgUpU
youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

old:

im going to bed now.
i don't feel well

Good night, lad.

I think my coworkers are starting to catch on. However, it's like they know I'm a drunk, but facilitate it at the same time. On my birthday, I came into the office and there's a massive wrapped package on my chair. 4 six-packs of Stone brews, including the bourbon-barrell aged arrogant bastard, which is my favorite beer of all time, plus a beer flight set with the wooden plank.

I get booze as gifts from friends and family often, but so far I'm happy and productive. I'm just worried that it's going to catch up to me within the next five years. Maybe I need to find a female to help temper some of this.

>Maybe I need to find a female to help temper some of this.
That'll give you something to drink about. Have the sad cunts in these threads have the oneitis.

why is sobriety so fucking boring? it's to do with alcohol fucking up GABA/dopamine right

>getting drunk and watching 80s movies with your dad to forget the bad times
it's a blessed feel

roadhouse is a top dad movie

just realized my ex has a kid now. tryin to stay from killing myself via scotch

I've had four bottles of Angry Orchard cider and like a third a bottle of gin is that too much

Depends on how much gin. You sound like a drunk 19-year-old that thinks he's had much more than he's actually had.

Just stop drinking? Not even meming, it's what I do and it works.

Approximately 375 millileters

27 btw

dodged a bullet there bucko

PAWS
A
W
S

be patient m8. anhedonia is always reason numberito uno for me to have a cheeky tipple again

That's obviously the solution to being an alcoholic, but just because it is simple does not mean it is easy. You might as well advice a military commander to 'just win the war' and think you have helped out.

Lost my job a month ago, so no more booze for me for a while. I could really go for a shot right now.

I might be able to scrape a few bucks together for a bottle of Borski. Shit has the worst vodka aftertaste, but it is surprisingly smooth for the price. Like $4.96 for a 750ml bottle.

Oh well, at least my girl has some bud to calm me down.

>a month ago
I don't understand this post at all. What have you been doing for the past month?

>gf forced me to go to dr. yesterday.
>got prescribed some meds to help with withdrawal
>tapering was no longer working
>feel better
>gf just poured the rest of my vodka down drain

Already anxious again knowing that it isn’t there. Fuck

Super pissed drunk right nao, why is listing to old albums so fun? I can spent hours on utoobe just reliving old shit. It;s so fun being by myself reliving things, people and old memories by whatever album I direct myself to. Each album isa set of memories and feelings I choose to feel and re-livbe. Some I can't handl;e, it's too much for me for me to re-live the situations I was in at the time. Others fill me with utter joy and re-kindle feelings of happiness and contentment, it's extraordinarily soothing. It's an extreme emotional roller coaster. I can pick my moods by albums, I can go to crying to screaming at the top of my lungs in joy. Does anyone elses ears ring when they drink? A pint is a good drunk, two is pushing it for me. I usually limit myself to a single pint a night.]

Hell yeah man, I hear that. At least you're being more constructive than me.

I'm piss drunk and crying my eyes out because I'll be totally alone for the first time ever for thanksgiving

>that terrible feeling in your chest of regret, fear and impending doom as soon as you wake

>winning a war requires effort on massive scale, not just from the individual commander or anybody else, and effects too many people to name
>to stop drinking requires effort only on the individual
I understand having trouble to stop, but I don't respect excuses. If you actually want it, just stop. Start exercising, hit the gym: alcohol and fitness are mutually exclusive, and so you don't drink if you value the former.

>requires effort on massive scale, not just from the individual commander or anybody else, and effects too many people to name
Sounds like alcoholism to me

>so no more booze for me for a while
You can brew your own legally in most countries.

>nytimes.com/1992/02/04/health/why-the-body-may-waste-the-calories-from-alcohol.html

looks like were good guys!

Yeah right. Your not a hero nor a victim. At the end of the day, you're the only one at fault.

I'm an orphan, I don't have a family. So it's just another day on the calendar that society has decided to make me miserable. Being solitary is comforting for me now, no one can hurt me that way. People are strange, I don't want to play the games society forces upon me; the social norms and focus on human companionship, relationships, and intra-personal connections. It's extraordinarily frustrating to me for others to put such emphasis on certain days like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Friends and co-workers asking me what I'm doing on holidays, who I will be with, what I'm doing, etc. It's like I'm not a human for doing the same things they do, and expect to do on certain days of the year. It's only one day, you can get through it, I believe inn you.

no reason to drag someone else down with ya.

i have a great, loving gf and i worry my shitty habits are rubbing off.

I'm not worried about the alcohol calories since i drink liquor

It's the impulsive drunk eating.

Fuck man, I'm sorry to hear that. Here I am complaining about my stupid meaningless shit. Well I hope whatever you do this holiday season makes you happy and that one of these days you're truly happy user.

FUCK that.

i usually kill a few beers in the shower if i dont have work.

ever get that shit where it feels like your heart isnt beating after tying on a good one?

what do you eat? if i wake up hungover i dont eat till 3pm and then its like a sandwhich or something.

once i keep drinking its usually junk tho

Iktfb. It's usually cuz you fucked up. That's why I HATE smartphones.

What I wouldn't for a cabin innawoods with just a radio and some liquor

anyone else only look through one eye when thoroughly wasted?

Whatever's in the fridge. Last night I had 3 butter croissants with a chicken stew

People will always disappoint you. Myself included

>Last night I had 3 butter croissants with a chicken stew
fuck that sounds good

Too bad i don't remember it lol

I'm just gonna fast until sunset then get the party started again

im drunk and in bed and too tired to walk to the gas station for more food

Lol. I'd kill for a gas station hotdog

That's the only way I can focus on typing when dickerd

Yeah constantly. Been doing this for years, for reasons unknown. What’s really worrying is that I’m almost blind now in they eye which I need to keep closed - booze ate a hole in the bit of my thinking tank which deals with vision

*warning*

Nostalgia imminent. This song alllllways gets me

youtu.be/36m5EgDgUpU

ngl this is pretty terrible.

The song or the vid or both?

Jesus

ehh idk. vaguely reminds me of being a kid and going to my aunts beach house and watching fantasia.

dont particularly like the song but it does give me memories of a simpler time.

What song should I listen to on spotify?

songs ohia-farewell transmission

youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y

lyrics get me every time

Never heard it before

Song name? I use phone cards on 4g here in Africa. Youtube gobbles data

>got drunk last week
>apparently I blacked out with a bowl full of cheerios and spilled it all over my bed

I washed all my sheets/bedding I'm still finding O's stuck in/on my bed

I miss old friends. Just too much of a drunk mess.

same user, its jason molina of magnolia electric company/songs ohia.

he was an alcohol too and it killed him

The real truth about it is
No one gets it right
The real truth about it is
We're all supposed to try

should've at least given it to a homeless

well fellas,

i live above a bar and i am Already drunk and i plan on going to church tomorrow. Gonna go have a few.

I don’t change my bedding, when it gets too dirty I change my bed.
Or just don’t bother. My last one became intolerable after I’d thoroughly saturated it with alchie effluvia, spilled an entire phal prawn curry on it and simply flipped the mattress over without cleaning it up, and broken so many bottles in it while thrashing around asleep that I had to wear protective clothing just to pick it up and throw it out of a window.

Christ man

i hate all the self righteous fags that wont give money to homeless drunks because they think theyre going to spend it on booze.

of course they are, but that might keep them from getting dt's or help them taper. not trying to humblebrag, but as an alcohol when im walking home from getting drunk and i buy a roadie for the walk, i drink a few sips of the 40 and leave the rest next to my favorite bum sleeping on the bike path.

we all really arent that different from him

Sleep is his best chance of getting sober tbqh

ehh in my experience sleep is welcomed but not easy to attain when withsdrawing

I just tell normies withdrawals will kill the bum before starvation will so the booze is lifesaving.

I don’t think they buy it though, doesn’t fit their bougie narrative.

What's good senpai. Hit the bars but it was absolutely dire pickings tonight. How bout yall?

I'm sure my coworkers know I'm drunk but they're mostly women so they avoid confrontation. That and I carry the fucking department so they can't get rid of me even though my work is mediocre at best.

>SONIC DASH
>P
>I
>N

tfw haven't had a drink in two weeks

Weird feeling isn't it?
My brain always go bonkers and then I remember why I drink. Hope you stay dry though.

I haven't drank on my lunch break at work in like a week.

I think I win

Doja Cat - Dindu Nuffin. Guaranteed bone down music.

That's nothing bro. I threw up and just moved my bed and threw kitty litter on that shit and hoped it wouldn't smell too bad.

my fwb just ended things after they just got started, i've known her since childhood. It's a long story but she felt guilty so she broke it off. Gf going out of town for a while and we were suppose to hook up. Guess I'll just stick with drinking alone

>anhedonia is always reason numberito uno for me to have a cheeky tipple again

Any tips to get past it? About to hit 3 weeks without spirits and 1 week without beer and the intense lack of motivation, loss of pleasure and constant boredom is driving me insane. I haven't worked since being made redundant almost 3 months ago so I do literally nothing other than shitpost online on the couch all day with sitcoms or movies on in the background. I haven't showered, done the dishes or taken out the garbage in like 2 weeks. Haven't cleaned the house for about a month. I was more motivated and hygienic when I was drinking. Everything just seems so pointless.

Bro I live in one of the homeless capitals of the world. If they ask me I give them all my spare change so those brothers can at least get themselves some 40s.

I'm praying for you senpai. No memes.

Bruh you sound like youre handsome enough to not care about bitches. Fuck out of here.

Thanks that's what I'm told anyway... I can still have a drinking problem, plus I'm a cheap date because I'm a skeleton.

it is, i miss being drunk but i've more or less replaced it with vidya & netflix. thanks user.

its a step in the right direction

thanks user, appreciate it

I'm a full time college student with a part time internship at a company. I come into work every day either hungover or still drunk. Everybody knows it. They make remarks on me having too much fun at university and I always just laugh it off. I'm lucky that the environment is chill enough where they understand i'm just an "average college student" enjoying his university years

They don't know I have zero friends and zero close relationships with other people. I drink alone to black out every night of the week. I'm not looking forward to graduating where I no longer have this excuse anymore.

there were a lot of rednecks and whalebeasts out tonight at the gay club, more than usual
there was one asian chick that fed a black tranny dancer a dollar bill. was totally worth the cover charge

I love being drunk but don't really care for drinking, if that makes sense. What liquors have the best $:alcohol ratio and go down easy? Thanks

Drinking in the morning. One beer and now I'm on a box of wine. I'm becoming more and more degenerate I don't know how to stop this. Especially since I don't even want to.

everclear

Best $:alcohol:go-down-easy ratio is (bottom shelf ofc) unmixed vodka drunk by holding your nose and then breathing out very slowly. This contains zero additives or sugar that makes you sick. Rinse and repeat until drunk.

>General

Kys

>Especially since I don't even want to
this is the real trouble

who /whiterussian/ here

one of my goto drinks

i put on so much weight drinking those all day though

>start getting sad feels because I'm slowly dying after all the years of alcohol abuse
>kidneys hurt like a mother fucker and urine smells like bleach
>drink more to ease the feels
>shitfaced and sad as fuck now, Kidneys are going to be screaming in about 10 hours
wew

I fucking love that bitch though, it makes me sick to think about it

Why is Sonic drinking?

>said I wasn't gonna drink
>unfinished bottles of Stoli and Winter Palace

Ah well. A few drinks can't hurt

Some people have withdrawals every Monday.

Everybody? It's the only way when you lose eye coordination and see double.

Depends on local taxes. Everclear, bottle shelf vodka, boxed wine, hobo plastic bottle wine, hobo beer/cider.

He's nostalgic about his first game, the only good one. His life since then has been a succession of shitty games in a hopeless attempt to recreate the past.
I wish I could have fun drinking again too, hooking up with girls and being able to talk with people and making friends, instead of being a lonely miserable drunken rambling arsehole.

This is a big one for me as to why I can't drink half my calories from alcohol. I tried it for a few days but once I get buzzed and I haven't eaten anything in awhile I lose all willpower and order a pizza or more. So yeah, doesn't work. Some people can do it though so kudos to them.

>He's nostalgic about his first game, the only good one.

I probably liked Sonic 2 more but played Sonic 1 a lot more due to it being one of the first games I got with my Megadrive and easily the best of the 3 it came with.

Drinking away a hangover is bliss. I feel so fucking comfy right now

Don't tempt me user...

Who pieceofshitroom here? Feels bad man