Tfw too stupid to understand Jordan Peterson

>tfw too stupid to understand Jordan Peterson
I get the whole cleaning your room stuff but the postmodern self-deconstruction goes over my head.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KXez2KSHEDw
youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7YlgzW1jQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he couldn't have been saved by his grandfather out of the maw of the beast of the void to save his father from the archetype of his mother
plebe

I wouldn't worry about it, Peterson is a hack who uses Jungian mysticism to justify his prejudices and narrow world view.

He basically is making stuff up half the time.

Can you explain this in simpler terms

What does the whole cleaning your room stuff mean? Doesn't Peterson realize that cleaning your room is usually a misuse of your precious time?

>the grandfather represents your ancestors
>the father is the father's half that was given to conceive you
>the maw of the beast is anything that's evil to Socratic moral or Jungian phenomenology
>the mother is the witch (archetype) that had been given her half to give birth to you

`

>>the mother is the witch (archetype) that had been given her half to give birth to you
Ah, yes, of course, how could I have been so stupid. It all makes sense now.

Nah, to him society's expectation and virtue are quite the same thing. Basically if you want to talk about politics you have to be a drone first, or your arguments won't matter.

>listening to an old spooked hoe

Peterson is plebtier himself. Read C. G. Jung he is so much more insightful.

>the postmodern self-deconstruction goes over my head
Don't worry, it goes over his too.

I'm a brainlet like OP, but Peterson seems to think that organising your room is the first step in the process of organising your mind.

Can you recommend a starting point for him?

His dialogue with Pauli, if you are coming from stem and other wise man and his symbols. But it's a rather complicated question it depends on your personality. Some like to start with Nietzsche, but I would argue his influence was limited.

Is he right about meditation? he thinks its a fad. Sam Harris disaggree tho
youtube.com/watch?v=KXez2KSHEDw

No, there is a wealth of scientific evidence for meditation; Petersons' mantras however are unfalsifiable garbage.

>He basically is making stuff up half the time.
Don't we all?
I just wish that Peterson boys had something to say on the subject themselves instead of just parroting whatever comes out of the mouth of Jordan

He doesn't understand postmodernism either, OP. I wouldn't worry about it, because most of his shit is postmodern and badly exercised.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7YlgzW1jQ
he is so passionate, literary crying in this video

>The forest rebel is the concrete individual, and he acts in the concrete world. He has no need of theories or of laws concocted by some party jurist to know what is right. He descends to the very springs of morality, where the waters are not yet divided and directed into institutional channels. Matters become simple here - assuming something uncorrupted still lives in him. We already saw that the great experience of the forest is the encounter with one’s own Self, with one’s invulnerable core, with the being that sustains and feeds the individual phenomenon in time. This meeting, which aids so powerfully in both returning to health and banishing fear, is also of highest importance in a moral sense. It conducts us to that strata which underlies all social life and has been common to all since the origins. It leads to *the* person who forms the foundation beneath the individual level, from whom the individuations emanate. At this depth there is not merely community; there is identity. It is this that the symbol of the embrace alludes to. The I recognizes itself in the other, following the age-old wisdom, “Thou art that.” This other may be a lover, or it may be a brother, a fellow sufferer, or a defenceless neighbour. By helping in this manner, the I also benefits itself in the eternal. And with this the basic order of the universe is confirmed.

>These are facts of experience. Countless people alive today have passed the midpoint of the nihilistic process, the rock-bottom of the maelstrom. They have learned that the mechanism reveals its menacing nature all the more clearly there; man finds himself in the bowels of a great machine devised for his destruction. They have also learned firsthand that all rationalism leads to mechanism, and every mechanism to torture its logical consequence. In the nineteenth century this had not yet been realized.

>Only a miracle can save us from such whirlpools. This miracle has happened, even countless times, when a man stepped out of the lifeless prisons to extend a helping hand to others. This has happened even in prisons, indeed especially there. Whatever the situation, whoever the other, the individual can become this fellow human being - and thereby reveal his native nobility. The origins of aristocracy lay in giving protection, protection from the threat of monsters and demons. This is the hallmark of nobility, and it still shines today in the guard who secretly slips a piece of bread to a prisoner. This cannot be lost, and on this the world subsists. These are the sacrifices on which it rests.

>This is what man really wants to know. Here is the germ of his temporal anxiety, the cause of his thirst, which grows in the desert - this desert that is time. The more time dilates, the more conscious and compelling but also the more empty it becomes in its tiniest fractions, the more will burn the thirst for orders that transcend time.

-- Ernst Junger, The Forest Passage

I actually agree. I have a friend that lives in a small room with no windows full of useless shit all over, two beds and no working desk, NEVER cleans it so the door has to be open at all times in order to be able to breathe. The one white wall you can see is blank. And the friend is always on the edge of losing it. Clean space, clean mind, no joke. By cleaning I mostly mean throwing out 90% of shit that's just there for no reason