I just ate like a quarter pound of Stilton and am about to go to sleep. Is it true it causes hallucinogenic dreams...

I just ate like a quarter pound of Stilton and am about to go to sleep. Is it true it causes hallucinogenic dreams? Am I the walrus? How does this work?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/story/20120417-does-cheese-give-you-nightmares
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go to sleep, triston

>hallucinogenic dreams
Aren't dreams technically hallucinogenic anyway? It may give you more vivid dreams, but I think you'd have better luck taking melatonin than eating a quarter pound of cheese.

My name is Larry. Who was the walrus, and does he know anything about blue cheese?

maybe dumb question but.

i bought a piece of Parmesan cheese and i asked the guy how long it will hold in my fridge. and he said as long as i cover it quite a long time.

then he told me i could just grate it and freeze it and it wont stick together in my freezer.

now, what is your opinion about this
and do you have any cool recipes that would require piece of Parmesan cheese instead of grated.

When I lived with my grandmother, she had a piece of Parmesan in her fridge that she had for over a year. It was fine, the only reason it was eaten is because I had the strength to grate it for her (a little for me too).

You could make grated Parmesan

well yeah thats what he said. just grate all of it then freeze it.

i was just wondering if there is something else i would ever use parmesan for when its not grated.

Cheese before bed = crazy dreams is a myth. However any food before bed = more vivid dreams that are more easily remembered.

Sliced parmesean

You'd be better off just putting some mugwort under your pillow instead. Learn your herbs.

vidya gaems = lucid dreams

You are probably going to have a bad trip.
End up in the fetal position, in bed, drooling all night.
Have fun! Serves you right

>this cheese was kept at 50 degrees for years

>I wonder if it will go bad in my fridge at 30

Humidity and refrigerator bacteria aside, why are you looking to keep cheese in there for long? I have the opposite problem where I'm lucky if it all makes it into the recipe I bought it for.

Wait - really? Maybe that's why I don't dream as much.. I stopped eating before bed to not get fat but now that I'm working out I totally want to try this.

Why didn’t it melt?

Not a myth I do it all the time.

I'm continental european and even I understood he meant farenheit

It’d be the same with any food.
It was in jest, Helmut.

No, it's cheese in particular. I have supper every night before bed and if cheese is involved it produces very vivid dreams.

It's not a difficult thing to try on your own. Just consume real cheese, not that cheese food stuff...

i'm pretty sure it has something to do with Monoamine-oxidase in blue cheeses, but if anyone can clarify that would be cool

monoamine-oxidase inhibitors*

or it could be because of salt? I noticed that if i oversalt my meals i get vivid dreams at night.

>cheese food
Isn’t all cheese food by definition?

>So, incomplete as the evidence is, there is no solid proof that eating cheese at night causes nightmares. What we can say with more certainty is that if you eat immediately before going to bed, or have over-eaten, then indigestion might give you a restless night. But it could be the case that a little cheese might even help you sleep more soundly
bbc.com/future/story/20120417-does-cheese-give-you-nightmares

do people really believe this? cause thats a really old idea. it was based on, or it inspired, a comic strip, "dreams of the rarebit fiend" by windsor mckay, back 100 years ago. welsh rarebit is a cheese dish. he would have a dream, and the last panel was him falling out of bed, saying "I need to lay off the welsh rarebit". did this strip really create this meme?