Who /eatingdisorder/ here?

Who /eatingdisorder/ here?

>having dinner at a friend's house
>restaurant doesn't serve any of the food you eat
>trying new food in a restaurant but gagging a lot in the process and fearing that I'll vomit in public and insult the chefs
>going to a restaurant, period

Other urls found in this thread:

hughes12.com/The-Easiest-Way-to-Taper-a-Benzo.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Smoke weed and drink alcohol

I get the impression you might be a giant pussy though so maybe alcohol won't help, but weed definitely will

>being a four-year-old is an eating disorder

What do you mean food you don't eat? What else do you eat besides food?

I'm kinda aware it's autistic as fuck, don't have to salt the wound.

>I get the impression you might be a giant pussy though so maybe alcohol won't help, but weed definitely will
this

you are not truly aware, trust me

Well I just kinda said I was aware, I'm not sure what going "nuh-uh" is going to add.

are people really this dumb

isn't this the disorder that made people invent soylent?
see a doctor before you become like them.

I had this. it requires a whole mindset change. I still have many many things to try but I'm not afraid to anymore. I wish I could give you better advice but I didn't even realize I got over it until last April, I've tried many many things since then

What do you normally eat?

My particular eating disorder makes me fall asleep after a big meal

See a therapist.
As long as it's not affecting your daily life, being picky about foot is okay.

This isn't a eating disorder this is a social anxiety disorder. What do you mean foods you don't eat? Are you being really picky or are you allergic to certain foods?

It's considered an ED. It's called avoidant-restrictive food intake disorder.

I don't have an eating disorder but I do have a stomach condition that prevents me from ever feeling hungry.
If I want to eat without forcing myself, I have to smoke weed otherwise I can go 5 days without feeling remotely hungry.

The past 2 months or so has been the first time in my life I've been able to eat without smoking weed first and not having to force myself to the point of making myself sick.

I get over my fears of food by evidencing it myself that well... Other people eat it, why can't I?

don't start identifying with it. you can overcome it easily works. stop fucking calling yourself ill or sick or disabled, you have to accept the idea that simply eating a food cures you of everything and makes you normal. i used to think I'd never get a girlfriend or marry anyone because who'd want to live with it? but I tried one food and became more open to the idea that I was wrong about being ill and that most food is universally good.

if it helps, ashwagandha or kratom helps you more than pot ever will. it's the social aspect that bothers people at ARFID's core

>alcohol won't help, but weed definitely will
I don't think people with anxiety or mental health disorders should use psychoactive substances.

Maybe a valium would help

I'm not OP but yeah that's decent advice. I think what therapists usually suggest is to slowly expand your repertoire of foods.

Why would you lump all "mental health disorders" into the same category? While I agree 100% that there are many mental conditions that ought to make people steer clear of drugs it seems silly to lump all of them together. Weed has been proven to be highly effective in the case of some mental disorders, such as PTSD and anxiety. For many others it has no effect at all. Why lump those together with the dangerous conditions?

It is if you're not actually 4 years old anymore, yes.

Weed can help but it can definitely go the wrong way. I think it's best for understanding that your state of mind is dynamic, and that feeling a certain way is the sum of a combination of factors. So, OP could come to terms with the reasons why he's such a picky little bitch, but I doubt it since he sounds like a manchild. Stoners are idiots too, just smoking for fun without any serious thought or self reflection behind it. Then when they give it up they talk like it's some evil thing because they were smoking it constantly and abusing it.

i'm pretty adventurous, i like basically all foods, i can handle spicy food, i'll try anything once, etc. but i don't like raw tomato. like just, slices on burgers, diced chunks of tomato, if it's not cooked it tastes terrible and i always special order things without it. i've learned to like a lot of things but i can't seem to do it with raw tomato.

please help

Might wanna try different kinds of tomato. I know there's a very cheap kind that shows up everywhere. A good thick juicy red slice is delicious.

Well now it's beef, chicken, spreaded toast, potato chips, hot chips, carrots and well yeah that's kinda my main diet.
I've been trying new things over the past few years and it's gotten better, but from my childhood up to midway through my adolescence it was just nothing but spreaded toast and chips, that time was really embarrassing.

>eating disorder
>never generated an taste for food
I bet you only ate bagel bits in high school

this reminds me of a really embarassing story from when i was like 11. i never had eaten salad at all in my life until my friend dominic’s mom tried to make me while i was eating dinner at their house during a sleepover. i kept trying to take a bite but even getting it near my mouth made me gag (mental for sure). then she kept passive aggressively suggesting i didn’t have a choice but to eat it cause “we finish our plates here”. so she told me i couldn’t leave the table until i ate it. i cried and tried to eat it but couldn’t do it. meanwhile my friend and his sister are playing goldeneye one room over. his mom who had been watching me from the living room got up to use the bathroom or something and i got up from the table and went over to the phone and dialed 911 and hung up right away. i knew the police would still come cause i had done it on payphone by accident once and saw them pull up to the park right as we were leaving, lol. idk why i figured this was the best course of action but i was thinking i would have to sit there until the next day or
something. so the police came and asked who called and his mom had to go outside and talk to them, plus the neighbors got nervous and came over. my friends little sister started crying. in the commotion i threw away the whole plate with the salad on it in a garbage can in the backyard that had like leaves and sticks in it.

i remember this moment of my life a lot when i lie down at night and it makes me cringe so much i want to scream. i’m sure someone found that dish too at some point.

I mean, his mom sounded like a cunt and forcing a child to do something that makes them uncomfortable is sort of abusive. I could understand her forcing her own children to eat their dinner, but not someone else's child.

I had a friend's mom who did the same thing to me, except it was this terribly disgusting ham, onion, and egg omelet. I love omelets. I don't like ham, especially the cheap slimy shit she used. I opened the window in my friend's bedroom and threw it, without really noticing where it landed. Later on we went outside and it was sitting on their cow's head. Oops.

you called the cops because you didn’t want to eat vegetables

By your definition of what an eating "Disorder" is then I have one too, but your idea of an eating disorder is not one. You're just picky.

And if you dont want to say that you're a picky eater then just say you're particular. It's a nicer sounding.

>tfw I'll never be this alpha

I don't know why but sometimes when eating sausages I get the urge to start heaving. It really sucks because sausages are tasty.

i don’t think of it that way

It's all about perspective.

What's it like?
I have a friend like you... won't eat plain meat, but will eat burgers, pork rinds and chicken breast. Fish is fine, as long as it's carp, tuna or cod. Won't eat salami, cured meats or sausages. Refuses to eat yellow peppers, but only red ones. Dislikes all other vegetables. Refuses to eat beans unless they're accompanied by bread.

Favorite food: potatoes, cheese (but only yellow cheeses, non smelly ones), breaded chicken breasts, pasta, bread.

This sounds 100% psychological.

>Struggling to kick benzos
>Lost 40 lbs so far because most food has lost its appeal and gives me horrendous stomach cramps

On one hand, I look better than I ever have and wound up with a GF. On the other hand, my life is a nightmare of paranoid delusion and pain.

Fuck off. I have diagnosed anxiety, but I like my friday night beer.

You're confusing us with schizos.

>calling it an "eating disorder" so it sounds legit and you don't have to admit you're just a big retarded baby

How the hell have you found a GF when you're in the process of kicking benzos? I sure as hell hope you're doing it slowly, because that shit can kill you if you get off it too quickly.

And yes, I know it kills appetite. I couldn't drink a glass of water without puking. The fear was something to behold. Worst mental pain in my life.

>Recovering skeleton
>Work has me busy all day and never have time to eat on a regular basis
>Eat like a bird now because my stomach can't handle normal sized portions without getting violently ill.

Kind of embarrassing going out to eat and you can barely eat anything because how small your stomach has shriveled.

Most restaurant portions are out of control, though.

Well, I said I was struggling, didn't I? It's not like I've successfully managed. One massively horrendous cold turkey attempt and several failed tapers later, here I am. Right now I'm just going as low as I can while still being able to function, I'm pretty worried about the future though. Months of stress are taking their toll and I feel like I might even be getting brain damage, though I'm sure it's just delusion/depression.

How'd you do it? The days straight of just incoherently weeping until you genuinely can no longer speak when you're off them are hell. How slow should one go?

I got on them fully aware that they're dangerous, but my doctor literally said "don't be a pussy". I took them daily, and then I started getting intradose withdrawals... as in, take a Xannie in the morning, and by the evening I'm felling like shit. Xanax has a short half life, and I have a slightly faster metabolism, so there you go.

Doc wanted to put me on more and said he wouldn't give me any more after that. Fuck that noise, the benzos weren't helping, so I started tapering. First, I took my dose and split it to 4 times a day to aleviate the intradose withdrawals. And then, I took 3/4 of my usual dose daily. 3 days later, I woke up at 4AM with the worst anxiety and stomach sickness I've ever felt in my life. I literally thought I was dying because my heart rate was really high, everything was scaring me and I was just about to call 911.

Went back to the full dose, but it didn't help, I couldn't sleep for 2 days, was afraid of everything, every smell or taste made me want to puke, developed full blown temporary agoraphobia, and it took me 7 days to feel somewhat normal again.

Then I waited 10 more days and begun:
hughes12.com/The-Easiest-Way-to-Taper-a-Benzo.php

I tried to keep my cool and finally managed to get off them. I decreased my dose 1/12th at a time every week or every other week. 3 months later I was clean. And no, you won't get brain damage, but make sure you taper PROPERLY. Repeated major withdrawal episodes mean giving in to the kindling effect... this means every subsequent withdrawal will be worse. Just be careful and you'll make it.

But hey, congrats on the GF bro, and good luck with the benzos.

why would you recommend marijuana to someone who seems to have anxiety issues?

How on earth would being stoned help any of this?

Thanks man. I really, really appreciate it. I'm gonna give that a shot, you're a lifesaver.

This desu, weed fires my OCD out of control. Normally I can shoot down the invasive thoughts, but when I'm """"high""""" (If you can really call it that), they all stay and grow worse and worse until it's totally unbearable. I'm sure regular old anxiety is much the same.

sounds like you just have severe anxiety issues

never had anxiety, the whole thing still happens when I'm alone

>being a picky eater is an eating disorder now
Yeah no.

Come to /thinspo/ on Veeky Forums bb

You do OP because you're an idiot troll off topic posting who doesn't know the difference between food and cooking and medical related anorexic disease.

stey hidhratted

i cant eat outside coz im shy..