How much time do you spend on Veeky Forums, user? Be honest

How much time do you spend on Veeky Forums, user? Be honest.

~3/4 hours when on vacation (actually).
~2/3 hours normal.

and what about 0?

30 minutes a day on average.
There is rarely anything worth staying longer for.

I spend a lot of time on spurs (I'd say up to 3 hours daily just from meaninglessly updating discussions). Gladly it's the only board I check regularly and is slow enough to leave for a good while on busy days.

Around 10 hours a day. But I go on int, an, and sci as well.

Why would I not be honest? Is it shameful to spent very much or very little?

>Around 10 hours a day.

What the fuck are you doing, faggot? Get a job.

Growing plants doesn't take much work.

DUDE WEED LMAO is not a job, you degenerate.

Never said anything about weed.

Liars.

(and everyone else)
Why do you waste all your time on Veeky Forums? It's a vicious circle, you'll never get out.

I suppose it acts out like any compulsion, such as eating disorders or playing games. I don't think the matter is that I spend too much time here, I actually spend too much on anything really. If I start a game and love it I forsake all but going to the bathroom until I can get all achievements, if I feel like eating something in particular I tend to eat large amounts of it, even beyond being full, etc.

I'm a programmer, and occasionally the compulsion even drifts off to work. I spend weeks binge programming and wrapping up months worthy of projects. This effort is also not good, for I would progress much more if I had done it all in a segmented way and slowly. True compulsion is very problematic and hard to pinpoint in ourselves.

A few hours on the days that I actually bother to show up here.

Only quick flick while waiting in line at the market

about 2-10 mins, with a recurrence of about 5-8 hours i think.

sometimes i don't spend any time at all on Veeky Forums, specially when it's full of /pol/acks.
Lord heavens, my filters are blocking 12 threads.

>it's a vicious circle, you'll never get out

Not true. When I was in college, I'd spend at least an hour per day on this board alone, a couple hours per week on /mu/ (mostly for sharethreads), and 30 minutes-an hour per day on /out/. Since graduating, I've picked up other hobbies and have been playing my guitar, going ti shows, and hanging out with friends more, in addition to work (and nightly reading). I would now say that I spend no more than an hour per week on Veeky Forums altogether, and I browse Veeky Forums, /out/, /trv/, and recently Veeky Forums because I'm buying a new car and am trying to learn more about working on cars myself. Once you stop procrastinating and start actually getting out and doing things this place becomes merely an afterthought.

Can you build a movement on shitposting?

Bump

this is one.

Honestly I think it's novelty is that you can role play as much as you fucking want while observing the thoughts of people from every part of the world and satisfying your desire to be part of an 'elitist cool kids club'. It mostly attracts people down in the dumps who can't connect with anyone in the real world and who finds comfort in expressing every thoughts in their heads without the fear of a backlash or being deemed as an outcast. Most of the time the opinions you state here are met with an opposition or an agreement while in the real world, everyone is too preoccupied with their personal lives to give a flying fuck what you have to say. Spending way too much time here is not healthy though I agree and it doesn't help at all with social anxiety or depression.

great post here man. you're the best.

sadly, Veeky Forums culture is now the norm. a lot of people are more than willing to express these thoughts irl. just look at america.

Should I marry someone who frequents Veeky Forums boards? Is everyone somewhat more troubled than the people you meet IRL?

>Is everyone somewhat more troubled than the people you meet IRL?

what the hell do you think

I don't know user. I don't think I'm much troubled, I don't have trouble connecting with people offline.

Most semi-functioning people who frequent this site(those with interests outside of /b/ and /pol/) have a very crude nature. They are not more troubled than anyone else really, they're just more comfortable expressing whatever the fuck comes to their mind like what said. If you can't deal with social anxiety or depression stay away from faggots here irl, normal people like are probably only 2% of the people who frequent this site(again outside of /b/ and /pol/ Veeky Forums's most entry level boards).

and you think connecting with cynical deluded people would be easy?

>They are not more troubled than anyone else really

the people ive seen irl, even extremely close ones, arent as troubled compared to anyone here.

Until I feel accepted.

So you'll never leave this site basically.

About an hour a day. 10 to 15 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Threads are slow and small and I like that. When I was on pol it was for hours at a time for comparison. But it's such an annoyung community now that Dutch and Norwegians hardly post anymore anyway.

I guess I just come on here as it allows me to anonymously say what I'm thinking AND actually get a response

An hour a week? This thread is vulnerable to sampling bias.

About maybe 30 minutes.

It's summer so maybe I'll check in a few times every hour or so and post a couple of things here and there.

a lot

No time at all obviously. *hides laptop*